Home

Who's the best player on this forum?

saberhagen

Yeah, the Zone is lame. I used to play JK on there, and that was fun, but I imagine it would be less amusing to play GBG. It's a lot more satisfying just ripping into annoying Zoners with a lightsaber, but if you try and beat them stategically, they get angry and stuff.

See? I am nice, because I don't get that way. I can be creamed and just be like, ok.

Though I did get rather irrtable after I was rushed by saber...mainly because I didn't expect a rush maneuver. This time I was prepared, unfortunately, it did me no good.

Did you choose that map on purpose Vostok? Cause that is a seriously screwy game for whoeevr ends up on the smaller island. :p

Though I am also trying to master the art of scouting for holocrons and building up a decent fort at the same time. Apparently, I still have some work to do, seeing as I ended up with one holocron and Vostok had four. :p That makes a hell of a lot of difference.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clearly Frozted is scared that if he joins this ladder he won't be able to pretend he's the best player in the world anymore.

Connemara - well the map was random, I didn't choose it. And although I got the bigger island, most of the Ore and Nova was on yours, that's why I built that base at the bottom of your island. I did have heaps of carbon though :D

Actually I asked Frozted to join because I thought he would almost certainly be able to beat me! Just about anyone in JMC can have me. If I keep winning no one will want to play me. :)

And no, I'm nowhere near inter+. I'm inter on a good day, but I've been mostly playing in low inter games. I've only been playing for about 6 months, so old timers probabably wouldn't have seen me on anyway.

Meh, if you're inter, that must make me like, below rookie, lol. Oh well. If I could swallow my pride and go play a few games on he Zone for practice, I might get better. But in the mean time, I'm just building up my expereince from games on this ladder and against friends. And the sad thing is, for the most part, my friends suck. One of them makes me look like a pro. Kinda takes away the fun of the game, really.

Read everything you can find on all the SWGB sites about strats. Skythe's FAQs at Heaven are particularly good, and there's more good stuff at MFO. Also download and watch recs of good players so you can learn from them. Whenever I get beaten by someone better than me, I don't mind as long as it's recorded, cos then I can see how to improve.

The most important thing to remember is keep a constant food flow throughout T1 and make lots of workers.

Archived