Home

This was funny

The_Wookiee

I got home yesterday with a pounding headache and in general hadn't had a good day. So, I jumped on JA and played some games just to kill things, totaly w/o the standard honor code. I chat killed, and killed people with sabers off, all that good stuff. So there I was leading the game with 50+ kills and I kill some guy with his saber down.

"Lamer! Saber down=peace!" - Guy

"Where in the game manual does it say that?" - Me

"Saber Down=Peace!!!"- Guy

"It is unwise to lower your defenses!"-Me

*Guy challanges me to a duel*

The guy bows, and starts typing, I run up and katta him to death.

"Good Luck" - Guy (after dead)

"CHAT KILLER!" - Guy (still dead)

"What? like you didn't see that comming?" - Me

It was sooo funny....everyone in the game was furious with me and voted to kick me but it was soooooooo funny...

Post your funny moments

D_P!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
People can use msn or aim for chatting.

yeah i agree, im fed up with people using JA as a chat room and not a game!!!

and this rule i will normally follow, but ppl it does get borring when everyserver does it...and the rule is saberdown=noattack, BAH HUMBUG!

Originally posted by |GG|Carl

People can use msn or aim for chatting.

It's annoing when they use JA like some kinda "chat room".

I agree. But as the human_merc in sp says, "Free target practice!"

How I love laming. LOL. :D

When I'm in a bad mood I usually get kicked for laming, although I try to play properly normally.

I once joined this server and this other guy, mentioning no names, decided to call votes every time he got killed. I force pushed him off a cliff and he immediatly called a vote to kick me, but the results were something like, YES: 1, NO: 9. That was LOL.

Originally posted by Igor_Cavkov

well what people chat if they want to chat tats noone of your concern! and this is online game where you play real people if u dont want to chat and just want to jerk around then play with bots!

Why don't you chat on MSN, IRC or anything similar... Why you must chat when others are playing ? i.e. you could chat while you are dead or speccing and not riscing your self being killed... And finaly, why is it wrong to kill someone while they are chatting ?

Amen. Folks, i hate to break it to some of ya, but this is a GAME. if you stop to chat while some depressed freak with a headache and a lehtal 6 foot glowrod is runnin up to ya, you deserve to die. chat all you want, but dont whine when i chop off your arm.

and just why in the heck would you run around without your saber on at all times? that is just asking for it.

one reason i hate the saber down rule is because ill follow it, and pass someone up, and theyll choke me and throw me in a pit.

meh, anyways. to keep on the thread: in JA, two idiots that i passed by had their sabers down, chatting. guess what? they followed me to lightning me to death. i turned around, pushed one to the ground, kata'ed the other, and roll stabbed the first. so they lied and said i hit them with their sabers down at peace. what the crap ever. :rolleyes: meh...i got kicked.

Originally posted by -=FB=-Jagged

meh, anyways. to keep on the thread: in JA, two idiots that i passed by had their sabers down, chatting. guess what? they followed me to lightning me to death. i turned around, pushed one to the ground, kata'ed the other, and roll stabbed the first. so they lied and said i hit them with their sabers down at peace. what the crap ever. :rolleyes: meh...i got kicked.

And that is why I play exclusively with bots or friends. People like that should be shot.

i dont care whether they chat or not. it doesnt really bother me. just dont whine if youre chatting all the time and i come over and beat you to death with my light-bludgeon to motivate you to retaliate. i mean, crap like that happens in a free for all, right?

and im with you Lurker. people like that should be shot. heck, THOSE two in particular should have been shot, unfortunately it was sabers only...

:D

i love chatting with other peoples. but sure there must be fighting too. and i think the most lamer kill saberdown people because they join the server to fight. but everybody chat or choose a place where they can duell. then there are 4 guys and waiting till one lose a duell to fight against the winner. but it is a ffa server and that means everybody to a place and kill each other. they think who want to duell go to a duell server not to a ffa server. that´s my opinion.

Originally posted by Igor_Cavkov

well what people chat if they want to chat tats noone of your concern! and this is online game where you play real people if u dont want to chat and just want to jerk around then play with bots!

Let me tell you something:

It IS my business. I go on a server to PLAY a GAME. Remember, this is a GAME, not a chat room?

Now...I log on looking forward to PLAYING, but I can't because Igor_Cavkov is there. *I* can not play because you are there. *YOU* will not let me play because the second I start playing you start whining and try to vote kick me off the server. Do you see my problem? Do you understand how being kicked and banned from a server prevents me from playing a game that I paid 50 $ for?

Did you actually say: "you play real people if u dont want to chat and just want to jerk around then play with bots!" because that's got to be the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

It's one hell of a rude thing to NOT play but waste bandwith instead. It's one hell of a rude thing to impose your MADE-UP personal rules upon others. It's one hell of a rude thing to insult, kick and ban people from servers because they don't do things exactly the way YOU want.

If you pay for a server you can be as much of a jerk as you want to but the second you are not on your own server, you should shut up about silly rules like "saber down = peace" BECAUSE THERE IS NO SUCH RULE. Read my lips: THERE IS NO SUCH RULE.

There might be one on the server YOU run, but on mine or other servers it does not exist. I'm not going to debate atm whether or not "saber down = peace" is the most retarded rule ever invented in any game, but I will tell you this: even on those servers where it is enforced somewhat fairly and consistenlty (that's like 1 in a million), it does not work. It screws up the whole game and works as some sort of perverted excuse for immature pricks who are dying to "show the noob who is boss" by abusing admin commands.

What is the point of a FFA game? What IS the game? Here's what: Defeat your enemies to score points. That's the game. Those are the rules. The one with most points win. No bowing, no chatting. Defeat opponent. Win game.

If you don't want to play the game but CHAT use MSN or ICQ. If you don't want to PLAY don't log on to a server, because logging on to a FFA server means that you want to play. Chatting is not playing. Chatting in JA means that you are wasting bandwith, taking someone elses slot, annoying the hell out of everyone who wants to PLAY and ruining the whole damn game by being a rude whining asshole.

If anyone should be banned from a server it should be the likes of you. You don't see me interrupting your ICQ-chatting session with your buddy by flooding something as dumd as "WHACK KABOOM I'M SHOOTING ROCKETS AND BLOWING J00 BOTH UP KHAZAMKABOOM NOW YOU DIE IM THROWING MY LIGHTSABER IN UR FACE AND ZAPPIN YOUS WITH TEH LIGHTNING I WIN I GOT 76 FRAGS U LAMERS WHY DONT YOU PLAY C'MON ATTACK ME YOU FRIGGING WHINING NOOBLAMERS ATTACK ME PLAY THE GAME OR GET OUT OF MY IQC!!!111" now do you?

And another thing: why on earth do you think that I'm interested in talking to you or listening to you talking to someone else instead of playing the game? And ask yourself what happens if I blow you up with my rocket launcher. Does it make all the text you typed disappear? Does it somehow gag you so you can't chat anymore? No. It only makes your virtual little jedi respawn and gives me 1 point. What is the problem? You don't want me to get a point? Since when did you care about points or the objective of the game? You don't want to die? Well how about joining spectator mode? Or is that out of the question because you can't emote in spec mode?

Think about it: How would you feel if you paid to see/play basketball and two guys were just sitting under the hoop CHATTING. You try to ignore them and just bounce the ball around the field because you know that if you try to shoot hoops it will disturb their conversation and they'll get mad. But the second your ball hits the ground these two guys run up to you and insult you telling you to put the ball away or you'll be banned from the game.

Wouldn't that make you wonder what in god's name those guys are doing on the court since they aren't playing the game? Wouldn't that make you think that everyone might be more happy is those guys had their conversation somewhere else?

Wouldn't it be cool to be able to assume that people who log on to a JA FFA server are willing to play the game?

[/rant]

yeah, i see what youre saying yoda. i am not the type of person to run into the middle of a "duel waiting area" and start slaughtering people. i respect why they come into the game. and if youre chatting like i said, i don't care usually. but if you stay in the middle of the arena or near a beaten path, and i see you a few times, ill hack at ya.

heck, maybe youll respawn somewhere you can chat in peace. :)

i remember the good ole days in JO at the bespin ffa map. a bunch would be at the pad, dueling, then someone would "yell"

FFA! and everyone would die within seconds...

<sigh> :cry8:

oh man that is priceless stuff! lucsolar is the voice of the little man! the little, repressed, insecure, and horrifically violent little man in all of us! the one that wants to whip out his lightsaber :slsaber: and bash in the heads of all those who want to pervert JA MP and make it into a place where playing with your saber will get you into trouble, and fighting against the system will get you kicked.

Kudos, lucsolar.

In my opinion if you can WIN by type killing alone, it just shows how silly and unmotivated the the other players are.

See that's the thing. After getting type killed once or twice you'd think they'd learn their lesson and stop sitting around typing around you. But after that they're just GIVING the points away.

Go into spectator mode if you're going to be a chatter box...

Funny. ; )

And yes, those honor codes are nowhere to be found in the game, so unless the admin of the server specifically is enforcing them, people can whine all they want but you don't have to listen.

Originally posted by Master William

Just don't enter the server I am being admin at with your own rules, the only rules you should follow when playing is the SERVER rules!

:rolleyes: Who wants to join a server where you get kicked if you kill guys?

And what's the name of your server? Msn messenger? AIM?

j/k:p

Archived