Home

This was funny

The_Wookiee

Originally posted by ShadowCloak

i dont know what MOHAA is but in Bf1942 is an objective team play kind of game

Posted by Excelsion:

"FFA just seems to have turned into a chat room facility, unfortunately. For us proper players; duel, power duel, siege, and ctf are fine. The only game mode Ive seen effected by this crappy honour code is FFA."

those are team playing gametypes like Bf1942, u really cant do anything about Bf1942 and there are major StarWars nerds who like to be jedi and this is a jedi game so they RP and try to be like them with the saberist code or they follow the code cause they have played the FFA a hell alot

I see what your getting at. I guess they just want to play like real jedi. Well, nothing wrong with that. After all, Jedi Knight is the closest we will ever come to being a real jedi.

But I dont like it when people who do something wrong get kicked. A lot of the time its without warning. So, if you obey this code, please just warn others on the load screen, or in the server name.

p.s. Mohaa is Medal of Honor: Allied Assualt

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Excelsion

But I dont like it when people who do something wrong get kicked. A lot of the time its without warning.

I know whatcha mean Excelsion, but it depends what "wrong" is if you follow me. I've got it set in my head that wrong is using kick during a saber challenge duel. On certain occasions they just say "please dont kick". Fair enough. I finish the duel and leave.

Its when those foolhardy admins sleep you, stand around trying to look all impressive, kill you a few times then kick you that gets my goat.

Or "wrong" could just be something people can't be bothered to figure out how to counter. :confused:

(I'd go with the latter - "Oh, I don't want to figure the game out properly")

:)

jeez stop whining about the honor code, you don't accept it, I understand it, and I love it, i rather have a more friendly game than some big Ut2003 stylish game.

anyways, the honor code will never disappear, thank god

Yeah, I bet you all are gonna flame me, like usual.

I won't even check this thread, so go ahead and flame.

:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Master William

jeez stop whining about the honor code, you don't accept it, I understand it, and I love it, i rather have a more friendly game than some big Ut2003 stylish game.

anyways, the honor code will never disappear, thank god

Yeah, I bet you all are gonna flame me, like usual.

I won't even check this thread, so go ahead and flame.

:rolleyes:

No, I for one will not flame you. You are entitled to your opinion, as is everyone. This "Honor Code" thing has just gone too far.

From now on I suggest that every server with all the typical "lam3r" rules should clearly state "Honorz Cod3" in it's title.

There, problem solved, phone soon. :p

Originally posted by Igor_Cavkov

Darth pnut YUO ARE JUST AN LAAAAMER! most servers have rules and when you are connecting it said surely that no chat kill or unarmed killing! and you should respect that u ***!! u should get kicked! or banned for sometime

I am not a lamer, i like to chat BUT THAT DOESNT MEAN I PLAY THE GAME TO CHAT! The only reason i dont like lamers is because they disturb the peace, i still ffa,duel and all that crap, the point is, I DONT LIKE LAMERS BECAUSE THEY DONT ALLOW YOU TO DO SO, THEY JUST RUN UP AND KILL YOU, lamers out there, give yourself a challenge and allow ppl to get their saber up and duel or ffa

ooo that reminds me, this one time some guy was a lamer and everyone there followed the saberist code(aka Honor Code), and they kept calling him a n00b aand saying that he sucked, well he said that if u dont wanna die then chat for god's sake, then after when he came everyone just put there bubble up, so he lef tthe server

This honor code stuff is absolutely stupid, i only follow that code with my friends.

Actually i am most of the time saber off, but i am not that stupid to trust everybody to not hurt me from the back.

And if i wana talk i go to a corner or something and type fast.

But when i am chating with someone else, he covers me when i am typing and i cover him when he is typing.

Nothing we planed each other, just common sense.

Those people who yells LAMER CHATKILLER are just nOObs, and this is a fact.

Actually u get kicked-baned when u are anoying people.

In JO i was kicked and baned a lot, but in JA i have just being kicked once and because i killed an admin with saber off :rolleyes: How was i suposed to know he was an admin?

The most amusing thing I think I've ever seen was when I slashed some guy that was in the middle of talking to someone.

Turns out he was the admin.

He said "That wasn't very nice. Now I'll have to kick you."

So I got ready to get booted, as usual.

He walks up to me, whips out his staff and literally kicks me in the head, knocking me down. Then he wandered off and beat up someone else.

Classic.

ooo that reminds me, this one time some guy was a lamer and everyone there followed the saberist code(aka Honor Code), and they kept calling him a n00b aand saying that he sucked, well he said that if u dont wanna die then chat for god's sake, then after when he came everyone just put there bubble up, so he lef tthe server

I call that killing season, huzzah!

Keep up the fight, boys.

Originally posted by AxVegetA

This honor code stuff is absolutely stupid, i only follow that code with my friends.

Actually i am most of the time saber off, but i am not that stupid to trust everybody to not hurt me from the back.

And if i wana talk i go to a corner or something and type fast.

But when i am chating with someone else, he covers me when i am typing and i cover him when he is typing.

Nothing we planed each other, just common sense.

Those people who yells LAMER CHATKILLER are just nOObs, and this is a fact.

Actually u get kicked-baned when u are anoying people.

In JO i was kicked and baned a lot, but in JA i have just being kicked once and because i killed an admin with saber off :rolleyes: How was i suposed to know he was an admin?

i dont get that. why do you need to "cover" each other at all? like honestly, someone kills you in a game, who cares. wtf everquest nerd.

Originally posted by -DK-Squee

The only reason i dont like lamers is because they disturb the peace, i still ffa,duel and all that crap, the point is, I DONT LIKE LAMERS BECAUSE THEY DONT ALLOW YOU TO DO SO, THEY JUST RUN UP AND KILL YOU, lamers out there, give yourself a challenge and allow ppl to get their saber up and duel or ffa

Ask yourself: why in god's name would you ever put down your saber in a FFA? In my opinion putting away your saber should automatically take you to spectator mode. Obviously you're not playing at that moment, right?

Yes, the "lamers" run up and kill you. That is he game. They are trying to defeat the opponent.

What you are saying is: "no no you can't do that, you can't kill me because I want to choose when and how you can attack me. Or perhaps I don't want you to attack me at all because you kill me every time. You must play like I want you to play or I'll kick you.

they disturb the peace

"Peace" in a FFA? :rolleyes: That's the funniest thing I've heard in a while. :D

Newsflash: "lamers" are not afraid of you. They do not look for cheap ways to kill because they know they can't beat you fair and square. But you can keep telling yourself that. That's what so many of you do. "he is not better than me, he is just a lamer!! Sure, he got 80 kills in 20 minutes but he killed me sab0r down which means that my 3 honourable saber duel kills are worth more than his lame 80 lamings."

These "lamers" just want to play a game of FFA. What you are doing is not FFA. You are in the wrong place. What you should do is take the challenge and instead of whining saber down, ignite it and go out there killing everything that moves. That is the challenge of a FFA.

It's not "press k and duelz me!!1 Oh no no, not you! I meant him...and not just yet, I have a conversation going about teh new amidala skin." (<<< that's not FFA. That is you doing some sort of freakish rpg-chatting in a FPS deathmatch. you got the wrong game, stop messing it up for everyone else.)

I think Luc hates honor people more than I do.

:eek:

;)

Really though, I don't mess with people who are doing the "star wars thing".

Like today I was on some server and some guys were pretending to be darth who ever or some stuff and I left them alone, they were having fun doing what ever it was they were doing.

The guys who drive me nuts are the ones who just take this stuff way too far.

You walk through the middle of a FFA and a guy drills you with a saber, don't flip out and start calling votes to kick him.

Just use some common sense really.

If you are in a server with a saber off and others *are playing, chances are you are going to get hit.

So if you really want to just chat, go in spec mode or go off to a part of the map where no action is.

But Jesus, don't expect to stand in the middle of a battle field and expect the people who are playing to treat you like a lava pit that they must avoid at all costs.

And if you do run into a guy who only goes after saber down people, just go in spec mode if it is that much of an emotional disturbance for you to be “lamed”.

They can’t hurt you in spec mode and it's not like you were playing, so I don't see why this is not an option for you people...

Originally posted by noide

Dum dum doo dee doo, nothing to see here my friend, nothing to see here... move along.

i cant stand ppl who go overboard on the "honor" **** but DAMN MAN

thats the sickest thing ive read for the last 3 days! ;)

being a Jedi is fun and all

but why do you ppl wanna be a Jedi who just stands around and talks to ppl?

im not a Jedi and have no powers and i can stand around and talk to ppl all i want

but the point of being a Jedi in these games (IMO) is to actually play and be able to do things you cant do in real life

im here to play!

GIVE INTO YOUR ANGER!!!!

Only chatters get chat killed.

I often join server with serveral ppl in a group chatting. I find the double kata kills them all quickly an reminds them there is a game going on. Ive seen far too many ppl with trip mines an force users with their sabers down, only waiting for you to walk by so they can attempt to destroy you. The roll stabs from behind from unarmed ppl is constant. Saber off does not equal peace. Defend yourself, run away just STFU!!!

YOUR HERE TO DIE!

THATS ALL!

ITS GONNA HAPPEN ALOT!

GET USED TO IT!

GET OVER IT!

BOWING CHATTING WHINNING IDIOTS!

STFU!

I AM THE DARK LORD OF THE SITH!

JEDI BODIES LIE IN MY WAKE!

Ya know so far this thread is Bull**** Listen if the server has a saberdown rule OBEY! if you don't then you deserved to be kicked and banned from the server and possibly your clan if you are in one. BUT this does not apply on all servers/people only if the server itself has a rule in the motd follow it if it doesn't there is no rule and people who say that saber down no kill are on the wrong server for that. Subject made simple, their server their game they do as they want. I hope this thread gets locked soon.

I've always liked Cobra's "go get em at any cost" attitude :)

seriously ppl, there is no reason to stand around and bs with only one duel in FFA able to happen at any time, just goto a duel sever, in ffa, play ffa cripes, its horrid i swear.

I cant understand why these ppl expect everyone to obey their saber down rules, when they just run around with saber off and stab people in the back, or use force on them. I'm to the point, i just kill everything that i see :D

Well said DarthCobra. :D

A lot of you people seem to want to stand around and chat in a server. Go ahead, but bear in mind that you are chatting in a game mode that is called FREE FOR ALL , not Chat Room . Im sure if Raven wanted this to happen they would put in a specific game type called Chat mode.

Perhaps you need the phrase free for all explaining.

Free - not restricted in rights: not subject to censorship or control by a ruler, government, or other authority, and enjoying civil liberties

It’s a free country.

For - to the benefit of: intending or intended to benefit somebody or something

All - all [awl] CORE-MEANING: a grammatical word used to indicate that the whole of a particular thing, amount, group, or area is involved or affected

Microsoft® Encarta® Premium Suite 2003. © 1993-2002 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Put all those meanings together, associate them with Jedi Knight and lets see what you get:

A game mode where there is no restrictive rules, where everyone is allowed to do what the hell they like. Anyone can kill who they like, and there is nothing to stop them.

Enjoying Civil Liberties!

All I'm saying is: Go ahead, chat all you like, but prepare to die!

:rofl:

I am happy to say that I no longer follow any of that saberdown= peace crap during FFAS. I came to this revelation during a game I was in yesterday with a friend...

We were trying to fight people on the Taspir map, but they were all standing around with their sabers off, pushing and gripping people when they felt like it. So I decided i'd get a bit of lightsaber action started, and i proceeded to swing at one of those 'saberdowners'. I was then called a 'LAMER' and voted to be kicked. Thankfully the vote failed and I was able to beat some sense into the damn staff wielder :p

Say NO to 'SABER DOWN=PEACE' idiots who turn off their saber in the middle of some huge ffa and then whine if you attack them !

Originally posted by GreenSmoke

i dont get that. why do you need to "cover" each other at all? like honestly, someone kills you in a game, who cares. wtf everquest nerd.

You dont get that, you are right, you are too stupid to understand something.

And i dont play any rpg game, nor startegy game.

No sims, no starcraft, and no everquest.

I care if i am killed, i care a lot, specially if i get killed by noobs like you, thats why if you kill me once ill kill you ten times.

I dont have any problem against been killed while talking or while saber off, the problem is yours because you are gona get owned when i spawn.

You people have a serious problem of understanding.

Wandering saber off is perfectly fine, actually its cooler, better, and more real. Chatting is fine, i take my risk, and thats why i said we kinda cover each other. I mean, is that wrong? is it wrong to chat? noooooooooo, its wrong to cry when killed because u expect everybody follows the same rules you do.

Just because there are some worthless idiots that yell "CHATKILLER" or "LAMER", doesnt mean everyone who chats or wanders saber off is a honor noobidiot or rpg fan.

And fk- unnamed i challenged you via PM, dont act as u didnt read it, remember you challenged me when i didnt had the game?

Now i do, so dont be a coward.

:smirk2:

, the argument against the "Honor Codes" was very put, honestly never looked at it from that point of view, being farely to the JK series MP community. After almost constant playing of the game since the release I can already say that I'm finding it hard to keep following this "honor code", it seems there are better ways to deal with the the whole getting attacked unarmed and while chatting thing. Its really just all getting silly.

The reasons I followed the "honor code" from the beginning and for the most part will continue to:

1. The server payed 50 bucks for the game as well, let him have his rules, after all it is his server.

2.Most of the skilled players are those will carry on a decent conversation or even just simple pleasentries, they are real people at the other end of the computer remeber, If your a biggot or a**hole in real life, so be it, its your choice.

3. I've played for hours on end, and occasionally need a break and maybe private chat with a fellow opponent, at least that way were not annoying you with chat.

4. Is it really that important to win every single time, I'm sorry but when you lose a battle you usually tend to think, "hmm why did I lose, maybe I should try this or link these move together", it makes you a better "jedi", "soldier", "merc", "lamer" or whatever you choose.

Well I'm not going to ramble on about why I do something when in the end it doesn't mean poopoo.

In the end a large majority of the people complaining and "laming" will move onto other games in the next few months as newer games come out.

Until then then I say play as you wish, theres servers out there like Amidala's Chop Shops were its pure havoc, choas, body parts flayling about and all out bloody well fun, and there are servers where you can find 5 or 6 very skilled opponents engaging in duels on ffa maps because there is more variety of ledges, walls, and obstacles to do acrobatics off. (rings overhead in the Rift Sanctuary maps, or dueling in front of the statue of Ragnos on the Korriban map). Using single saber I have dueled a fellow single saberist accross the entire map of Rift ffa, great fun.

But these are just my opinions and this is how I like to play.

Bring on the flamming

Lame=logging on to |SiN|proving grounds server and being asked to leave as soon as I connected without getting to prove myself, and after they ignored my polite hello, I kindly said ok,sorry(disconnected). Sure if I hadnt left they would have voted me off anyways there was about 7 or 8 of them there.

Lame=ME: *engaged in duel*

Jerk: Time to interefere with the duel.

Lame=pretty much the whole argument.

eniaC

Vote no to Kicking player

Vote yes to kicking a**

This is one of those neverending debate posts....

I'm more worried about DarthCobra, above,

YOUR HERE TO DIE!

All his posts are written "Son of Sam style" , the boy is a worry..... I wonder if his dog is telling him to kill n00bs/lamers/saberists............REDRUM !!!!!!!!!!

Chill out Man

MTFBWYA

Archived