Home

Am I the only one here who doesn't care what the secret of MI is?

Monkey Rhetoric

Silly, SILLY, people!

I tell you I KNOW the Secret of Monkey Island.

Well the game the Secret of Monkey Island led you to believe that the gates of Hell were on Monkey Island, (or so I thought after i found out, i think) however thats not true because Guybrush asked in CMI.

Now I've said it once, and I'll say it again:

The Secret of Monkey Island is...

The Giant Monkey Robot! How do I know this? Well by watching the monkey robot scene you wouldnt suspect a thing, but if you went back to view the TITLE of the cutscene you would.

The cutscene wasn't named "The REAL Secret of Monkey Island" for no reason I say!

:)

Glad I could help and I'm happy to feel useful.

The real secret is that there is no secret, they just wanted to see what people would come up with and maybe steal some ideas later on....

"Look at that you were right all along those tiny little fragments of information that you haphazardly linked together all these years was exactly what we were getting at"

On a side note I used the term haphazardly without laughing hysterically.

Originally posted by Kjølen

The Giant Monkey Robot! How do I know this? Well by watching the monkey robot scene you wouldnt suspect a thing, but if you went back to view the TITLE of the cutscene you would.

The cutscene wasn't named "The REAL Secret of Monkey Island" for no reason I say!

If that is the Real Secret of Monkey Island I think I shall scream.

Has anyone noticed that the "Monkey Island" part of the game titles only really come into play with EMI? Think about it - MI's so-called secret was never even that game's focus, LeChuck's revenge didn't even involve MI, and the cursed ring was merely a trinket in the booty hold of LeChuck's ship (and again, MI wasn't even in the game). It's not until the fourth game that you actually validate the series' title... weird, no?

lefty, u seriously need to calm down and be a little more civilised in ur opinions.

im not saying u cant voice them, but theres no need to keep going :mad: "YOU IDIOTS YOU'RE ALL COMPLETELY WRONG!!!" just cos someone has a difference in opinon.

...right, so anyways, its not like MI played a huge part in CMI though, its just a gay little carnival ridiculously set up on the island, which i was never really satisfied with.

But the guy with one eye (sorry lefty, "visually impaired") in the scummbar in MI said only Lechuck knows the secret, so it is surely (in the game world) something to do with Monkey island, or the undead or something

Originally posted by Seedy Pirate

Has anyone noticed that the "Monkey Island" part of the game titles only really come into play with EMI? Think about it - MI's so-called secret was never even that game's focus, LeChuck's revenge didn't even involve MI, and the cursed ring was merely a trinket in the booty hold of LeChuck's ship (and again, MI wasn't even in the game). It's not until the fourth game that you actually validate the series' title... weird, no?

Of course its in leChucks revenge. Where do you think they are at the very end?

Originally posted by Lefty9fingers

I would just like to point out the fact that you don't know what you are talking about. If you ever played CMI you would remember that the whole end of the game(however short it may be) took place on Monkey Island, ala LeChuck's Carneval of the Damned.

Actually, I have played through CMI and you're partially right. While I'd forgotten that's where the ending took place, the "Carnival of the Damned" was actually what LeChuck called the litte setup that he'd created at the end of MI2 (hence his line in CMI, "Threepwood! I don't know how you escaped my Carnival of the Damned, etc...").

And to Shivermetimbers: the end of MI2 takes place on Dinky Island. Anyway, is this how newbies are generally received?

Yes however if you take MI3 into account (which I myself would choose not too) then the Carnival at the end is on Monkey Island and we therefore do see it in MI2.

Seedy Pirate > No we are all pretty welcome to new members (or n00bs or newbies depending upon your typing - impediment). Lefty9fingers himself has only been only LucasForums for a few months (as you can see).

Archived