Home

Things that make you go HMMM (wall hanging and duel health cvars?)

Tim_Enchanter

I have been parusing the internet trying to find all the server commands and help I can get. just two things boggle me now.

1.) I have seen on some servers where you can literally HANG crouched on a wall till you WANT to jump off. is this a mod I havn't found or is it a config command?

2.) I hear rumor of a command that shows the hps of players at the end of a duel after it is finished. thus ending the never ending. HOW MANY HPS did you have left question. Does it exist or ist it too a mod??

Originally posted by StormHammer

Ya know...I don't think it will be long before someone finds a way to crawl across the walls and act like Spiderman... :/

Perhaps, and while I've not had time for much of any MP yet, based on some experiences with JKII MP, I don't care if they're role playing Spiderman or Dora the Explorer, if someone ends up dead, I'm happy ...

Mike

[and just to prove I'm not a complete 'Light Jedi', my favorite character on that show was Swiper the Fox ... I just can't get my kids to watch it anymore :( ]

• 3 weeks later...

haha just cause its in starwars doesnt mean it wouldnt be friggin cool(and please dont go all caps, its kinda annoying). I think itd be awesome imagine

*jedi walks into a dark room, his saber illuminates only a tiny portion of the room, right above him hangs a dark, evil zabrak sithlord ready to drop onto his unsuspecting prey*

If you ask me, i think thatd be sweet. haha could lead to some sweet crouching tiger hidden dragon arial battles leamping back and forth from wall to wall, sabers colliding in the air. Def an idea that could be persued.

I think it would just be ignored really. Its hard enough to have a really good fight because most of the saber battles are random saber swinging, let alone trying to hang off walls at the same time.

Ambushing people is pointless in JA, as is sniping. No one does it cos just facing someone one on one is far more fun.

If aerial fights and wall-crawling are your thing, you need to be playing Aliens vs Predator or its sequel. Alien on Alien fights are wicked. Unfortunately AvP2 especially is rife with extreme cheaters, but if you have a LAN, these games are pretty much the best things you can play on it...

Actually, wall-crawling and aerial fighting would be found best in...the Spider-man the movie game? Maybe? :p

It's a pretty good game, but my old WIndows 98 had trouble with it...XP runs it like a charm. Can be VERY frusterating. And, of course, there is no saber fighting.

From what I hear, Spiderman is a great game (at least one of the Spiderman games is anyway, I'm sure I've seen more than one released fairly recently), but is short and has little-to-no replay value. AvP2 is fairly long thanks to its 3 perspectives and has mucho replay value; although as a game it could definitely be massively improved upon.

Blocking as an alien involves leaping 20 feet above the enemy's head, then whapping them with the tail on the way back down :p. Trust me, when it comes to wall-crawling, bug-on-bug is the best example. I agree that the Pred spear could be much improved, however...

Archived