Home

Help!!!

yangyan

Erm...how old is this CD drive? :eek: If it's 7 or 8 years old, it wouldn't surprise me if it won't load recent CDs.

If it's a fairly recent model (a few years old), it shouldn't have problems loading newer CDs, except those which may be using the latest copy protection methods. Have you checked to see if there is a driver revision for your drive for Windows XP?

Other than that...it might be a 'sensitive' drive. I had a CD-RW drive in my machine that was very picky about which CD-Rs I used with it. Needless to say, it's history. I got a new drive.

And therein lies the last piece of advice. If the drive won't work, no matter what you try. Get a new one. They're not very expensive these days, even for 52x24x52 CD-RW drives.

Originally posted by Darth Rythe

Can I get some help too please?

Mine does the same (sortof).

When I put in a CD-R it wont play yet when I put in an Original or a CD-RW it works?

Help...Also...Please.

Were these CD-Rs burned on someone else's machine? If so, the session may have been left 'open', and this can lead to problems reading the CD-R on another PC, unless it is running the same application that was used to burn it. To ensure a CD-R can be read in any drive, all sessions need to be 'closed' and it has to be write-protected using the CD burning application.

Originally posted by Darth Rythe

I use Nero, and the people I get to burn stuff for me use it also.

But I have burnt several music CD's before this happened and they don't work.

If CDs that you previously burnt yourself (which worked before) are no longer working in the same drive, then I can only suggest the problem may lie with the drive itself. Perhaps it's faulty.

Probably, it just really annoys me because I have to have JO on a CD-RW.

And i'll either have to buy JA or get it put on a cd-rw.

EDIT: hey, what's your name (doesn't have it here) I am also running Win XP and some games that run on 95 or 98 will not run on XP for some gay reason.

Like: Can you get GTA 2 to work?

I did a bit of testing on my cd, and figured out not only elmo worked...

My cd isnt not that old, anyway, its not broken. It just cant play JKA, JK2, THPS2, WC3.

It can play: WIN XP RETAIL, AOM, ELMO, AOE, all those old thingys.

Oh yeah, JKA isnt burnt, nor is JK2, nor WC3.

And my CD-ROM type is BENQ or something.

And, it is a new CD drive, actually a cd-rw

Archived