Home

The Great Double Sided Saber

Tidus01

For those of u who chose the double-sided saber...you go girl!

it, for one, has the low force costing ( some say cheep ) Spammin Butterfly Move which pretty kills anything in its way. Personally, u gotta know when to do it, and i do. What do u ppl think of the move? some say it should be removed.....

Single is not better in MP, if the staff user is skilled. If the staff user is skilled then staff can be better or worse, they are fairly evenly matched. Except for the fact that single saber yellow stance does less damage and only has one blade.

its sad, because in JO my single saber skillz were actually pretty darned good.

now, compared to my capabilities with the staff, my single saber is pitiful, even worse than my dual saber ability (which isnt great either).

but the staff....oh, the sweet sweet staff....great weapon. so graceful when used right (see also: not spammed).

ah well, off to fire-watch i go....

Make kick worth like 15 - 25 damage like in JO and You'll own! This is my point:

1. The saber staff kick is too weak

2. Kick should need some force power for the increased damage the kick can do

If the kick was increased, I know it would own, but isn't that the point of the game, just make a GOOD kick need some force, this would balance everything quit nicely :)

it, for one, has the low force costing ( some say cheep ) Spammin Butterfly Move which pretty kills anything in its way. Personally, u gotta know when to do it, and i do. What do u ppl think of the move? some say it should be removed.....

Low costing? All of the butterfly/cartwheel/flip forward (duals) moves use the same amount of force (25 force mana points).

Btw, I've blocked the butterfly and had it blocked when I used it, plus its easy to fall off cliffs if you time it wrong. ; )

It's not unstoppable, but powerful if used correctly (craptacular if used incorrectly!).

Removing this move would be pathetically stupid and unnecessary. All of the saber moves are FINE just how they are. I hope in the patch they are completely untouched. About the only thing that really needs "Fixing" is the sound effects for the kicks and cartwheel/butterfly/flip forwards (in MP they are silent, compare to SP).

You must admit though, you can see why people consider the 'jump move' of the staff superior to that of.say the single.

The single is a powerful blow, sure, but it is pretty easy to dodge(if you see it coming, if you're busy fighting someone else, it's a different story) and the user is left easy to attack.

Whereas with the staff, when I see it being performed I get out of the area and dont try to attack until well after it's over. Even a glancing blow from that move can kill someone with 100 health/100 shield.

But I wouldn't want all of the moves to be of the same use. I'd prefer each sabre type to have a few different, more useful moves.

Originally posted by Remirol Nacnud

If the kick were too powerful, then compare it to the single sabre alt attack.

I never use sabre throw(come to think of it, you CANT use sabre throw on the no force servers) and I've never heard of anyone getting kills with it(unless the other person had thrown their sabre too)

I use single saber 90% of the time and I use throw quite a bit. When someone is running from me, when I can tell someone is close to death when fighting someone else I'll throw it at um and hope I get the kill count. It is quite useful in FFA's anyway. In an FFA game about 5% of my kills (if not a little more) are from throws normaly.

Just some info

D_P

Archived