Home

Great Utility !! Minimise it !!

Astrotoy7

I'm not sure if this is the place for it but I must point out a GREAT utility to my fellow posters.....It's up on jk2files...the JA MINIMISER !! I'm NOT the guy who made it so I'm not here giving myself a plug!! It's just VERY handy. Allows you to do an easy/stable minimisation, not like the mess alt/enter gives you. Check it out - you wont regret it !!!

A must for ppl who like to pop in and out of games...... it works in MP and SP !!!

check it out !

http://www.jk2files.com/file.info?ID=19273

MTFBWYA

i do rpg chits 2 mah friends when im obi wanker nobi or goda an we talk abut swirly sabires an grippering becuz i own wif mah skillz an i minimize easy peezy(sp?)

/bind F8 toggle r_fullscreen; vid_restart

C i em nice an helpful but i tri in englisch so it hopes i helfe cann? I em triing to b niece an helfeful.a

The best way I've found is in Setup/otherVideo(I think) and change from full to windowed mode, works pretty fast, minimizes w/o prob., and has always been stable for me.

Am I missing the point completely? Does this Minimizer thing do more than that?

eniaC

3 easy ways:

• Play in a window, and when you want to minimise, just hit SHIFT ~ and load the console, then magically your mouse appears on the screen, and you can then click minimise! (this is what i do!) ;)
  • You can also hit a little key at the bottom of the screen next to alt, and ctrl... press that and the game minimises and the start menu loads up, then just click to close the start menu, and thats it... JA/JKII is minimised!
  • CTRL+ALT+DELETE

Yeah, wont go for 98/ME for all you old boyz. I do alot of digital audio/video editing, I couldnt live without xp.....connectivity wise it is amazing :)

This tiny(its 18.2kb!) d/l is probably best used for ppl who need to duck back to windows quickly to resume some task, or for you younger gamers, good way to minimise mega quick to fool your momz you are really doing that homework.... :p (I do not in any way condone this, stay in school kids :p !!!)

What Mr Vader has outlined below I believe is a part of how the utility works, but I never would have been that clever to figure that out !

Hey whether you try it or not - its really up to you of course, but its just much quicker and more STABLE than the windows key, alt/enter or ctrl/alt/delete. It gives you an instant out/in onto your windows environment. Ive found with using those alternate options graphics card like to cycle back to your desktop rez, or just stay in whatever it is in, which is not what you want you need to do things in windows for a while.

ig64, do you have xp ? just extract in into whatever folder you like, usually your JA folder just for convenience. start it, a little icon pops up in your system tray, Ctrl+z to get out of JA, click the icon to get back in !

Whetever you do, HAVE A NICE DAY, HAPPY FRAGGING/SLICING !

MTFWBYA

No i dont see how it can be (unless is changes the minimumised window size, but you';d still be playing windowed and not full screen.

What Mr Vader said is entirely how that program works. All you need to do is copy the line into console and press enter.

/bind F8 toggle r_fullscreen; vid_restart

Originally posted by Master William

That is nothing for people with Windows XP (like me). Ever heard about CTRL + ALT + DELETE?

I do that, but sometimes I forget and start bashing alt+tab because the game wont minimise.

It might be helpful for my other pc that dosent have xp though.

ctrl+alt+del? that SUCKS! compared to minimiser (I have xp and I can't see explorer windows with ctrl+alt+del crap or icq messages).. and about vid_restart.. well minimizer is WAY faster, almost instantaneous.

actually try it once, no install, no crappy cpu or ram hogging, no any kind of "ware".just a single .exe and it actually WORKS. sheessh give it a try I don't earn money advertising minimizer...

well ignorance is bliss..

Hey R Mortis - can you believe these guys, so stubborn in the face of something handy and new ! Reminds me of my grandpa who was scared to use touch tone phones because he thought if he pressed 3 too hard it would come out a 4 !

MTFBWYA

it is just super fast. and yeah, im gonna write the author of minimiser and ask for royalties !

Originally posted by RigoR_MortiS

A happy customer :p:D

Cool

Rigor Mortis ! I've just noticed you are from Turkiye ! Nasilsin !

Excuse if this isnt 100% correct grammatically, but -

Bu forumlarda, pek cok deli amerikali salatalik var !! :D

iyi gunler !!

-I'm assuming you play JO/JA in english ??

MTFBWYA

Archived