Home

What's the maximum amount of vehicles allowed in the game?

tFighterPilot

:( I assumed it allowed as many as you wanted... i mean, one of the seige levels had.... 5 swoops? but then again, you really dont want vehicles spammed a lot.... but it could be fun. How many vehicles was there? maybe he had something wrong with his map.... it was made back when we were just learning how to make vehicles, and put them in maps.

if we have too many vehicles in the base folder we get those veh. error message. i think the problem is the count of veh. files in the ext_data/vehicles folder in the pk3 files. i have not counted them but i think if you have more the 12 (added to those already in game) that error will come. the problem is, if you have a vehicle with lets say six skins, then it have to have six veh. files and half of the number of vehicles you can have are used up, you know.

i came to the conclusion to not make vehicls with more them one skin in one pk3 files. i think is better to have 12 differnet vehicles with only one skin the three vehiles with four skin each. what do you think?

i hope we can fix that problem with the upcoming source code. if we could rise the vehicle limit to about 60, everything would be ok.

• 2 weeks later...

Memory management and performance is such a BS excuse. Using static limits is just cheap and easy.

It's always been my philosphy that the writers of the game and engine shouldn't be the ones to decide what is too much. They can't tell how well it's going to run in four years or something.

Often times you hit dumb old limits on old engines that aren't a problem anymore. Often limits imposed on the mappers. They just don't make any sense. Trying to prevent people from making slow maps? What a load of crap. Let someone make a slow map if they want to, it may be playable later on.

Raven would need to make it, its a fact, if Raven doesnt fix it, the mod (or mods) wont survive long... and if they do, no mod is used by everyone. The only way i can see a mod like that successful is if is a "vehicle mod" The community mainly seems interested in vehicle stuff now (maps with vehicles, new vehicles, and cheat servers so they can spawn vehicles) so... if anyone is going to up the limit, you should make a vehicle type mod

• 3 weeks later...

Of course, OJP is open source as long as you give proper credit and don't leech too much. :)

OJP is a two way street. If certain individuals abuse the project by like just adding a couple of crappy features and then labeling it OJP+, or something like that, we'll take away their usage privilages.

Archived