Home

**Official Post: Jedi Academy for Mac Announced**

txa1265

Aspyr Media has announced that they are porting Jedi Academy to the Mac.

Check the link here.

The port is being done by uber-porter Brad Oliver of Westlake, is in beta, and is expected by the end of the year or early 2004.

Aspyr & Westlake brought Jedi Outcast to the Mac last year.

Enjoy ...

Mike

[remember: if you have no Mac, don't like the Mac, or just generally want to be a troll ... go elsewhere.]

The only question have ... how many times will I have played through the SP game on my PC before I play it on my Mac ...

Oh - I realized I mis-spoke. Brad Oliver left Westlake last month to move to Aspyr. This is entirely an Aspyr deal. Whsi - so long as Brad is doing it - sounds great to me.

Mike

Originally posted by Anakin

YIPPEEEE!!! :)

So didn't I see you're on a Dual G5 or something now? I'm still in Powerbook land, and the 15" is my sweetspot - the new 1.25GHz is really cool ... as fast or faster at just about everything than my 3.06GHz Dell Inspiron 5150.

Mike

wow, Mac geeks are gettin JA........so emotional.... :violin:

I wish framerate problems on you all !!!!!

.....no, seriously, i wonder if the whole dynamic glow conundrum will transfer over to Mac as well ???

**goes off and downloads "switch" clip from http://www.redvsblue.com/appleswitch.shtml ...**

...ah, so funny, so true..... I love it when he said its great when you can play the new games on the mac, after you'd played them on the PC about 5 or 6 years ago.......:p

as Kurgan says, "more power to you" - hope you guys get JA this side of Xmas !!

MTFBWYA

Originally posted by Astrotoy7

wow, Mac geeks are gettin JA........so emotional.... :violin:

I wish framerate problems on you all !!!!!

.....no, seriously, i wonder if the whole dynamic glow conundrum will transfer over to Mac as well ???

MTFBWYA

Actually, I anticipate that - like with Jedi Outcast - it will run *better* than on the PC. The latest patches will be in place, and OpenGL is much better on the MacOS than Windows.

The only concern I have is that my Powerbook is ATI based, whereas my Dell is nVidia. While the performance of the ATI Mobility is better (at least as compared by ExtremeTech), most of the problems I've heard about here are ATI related ... but hopefully are more DirectX related and/or have been fixed in the patch.

That was the least flame/troll/useless of your posts on the recent series of Mac threads ... maybe you're maturing. ;)

Mike

Originally posted by txa1265

That was the least flame/troll/useless of your posts on the recent series of Mac threads ... maybe you're maturing. ;)

Mike

I know Mike, sorry man, I'm usually quite purposeful in all I write, but throughout my childhood I used those bizarre apple computers at school, starting from way back in the mid 80s. Sitting through hours of reading and math programs has taken its toll... :violin:

But, yes, im sure many probs would have been ironed out for the mac port, perhaps even the ATI probs. My friend runs a super gaming computer and cant even get JA to run on his with the radeon card, keeps getting openGL error messages, poor bugger

I find it really amusing because he really brags about his computer, 3ghz, 1 gig Ram, 256mb graphics..... as far as JA is concerned it is a paperweight... :p

MTFBWYA

Originally posted by txa1265

So didn't I see you're on a Dual G5 or something now? I'm still in Powerbook land, and the 15" is my sweetspot - the new 1.25GHz is really cool ... as fast or faster at just about everything than my 3.06GHz Dell Inspiron 5150.

Mike

Yep...

//strokes G5 and 23" Cinema screen, whilst 17" Powerbook purrs in the corner...

:)

Yep...

//strokes G5 and 23" Cinema screen, whilst 17" Powerbook purrs in the corner...

:)

Thats sounds a bit purvy and disturbing , gives a new meaning to the practise of "one handed typing"......

You Mac dudes are SICK I tellz ya !! :p

MTFBWYA

**takes out ky jelly, lubes up usb port on toshiba satellite w P4, XP pro, leans over with dirty look on face** :eek:

Nothing I've heard for KotOR on Mac ... but we can hope. Regardless of what OS you prefer, the Powerbooks are so much more elegant than any other laptop I've ever owned. I'd rather not be lugging around this 8 pound Dell with the big 130W brick power supply to get performance ... much rather the 5.5 pound powerbook with the tiny supply ...

Mike

12" Powerbook is nice, but 17" Powerbook is better :p

I was actually referring to the 15" version ... that is my 'sweet spot'. I found the 17" too big, and the 12" doesn't have the 'umph' for gaming (at least the 1st version). Um ... except that I played NWN on it ...

Mike

my toshiba satellite 5200 is on the heavier side but it comes with all the bells n whistles. The harman/kardon speakers it has are quite heavy, but then you get that great sound....

I dont need to lug it around all day, but it is much more portable than my freakin desktop monster ! I have used powerbooks before, yes they are lighter, but as are some of newer notebooks.

MTFBWYA

I have a nice little Dell Latitude D400, but it has a wimpy graphics chip ...

The basic problem is that we want everything in a nice small package that is superpowered ... and it doesn't exist.

Oh well, I'll buy another Mac and PC laptop next year ... someone has to keep the economy pumping ...

... but first I have to go buy Deus Ex 2, NWN: Hordes of the UnderDark and Flight of the Falcon for my PC, Mac and GBA ...

;)

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

cool. good news for Macsters ! Somehow I picture ppl who use a mac as being more clever than most,,,,I dont know why..., I wonder if there are as many MP hotheads just revvin' to 'own' lamers over the world once JA graces the Mac ??

Hopefully you guys get KOTOR ! Then your ( Star Wars gaming) life will never be the same... :D

MTFBWYA

• 1 month later...
Originally posted by =X=Master HeX

Sigh... Just think of all the starving children we could feed with all these apples.

meh, don't want to make them any more sick

Oh, I get it - you're a troll ... go back to your small-minded world and leave us alone, wait until someone feeds you your next opinion.

... I just wonder, why is it that people who are not just non-Mac owners, but anti-Mac trolls, and drawn to these threads ... self esteem issues? Play the bully? Make yourself feel superior or more important? A computer is a computer ... if it plays the game you want to play, great.

Mike

Archived