Home

is this cheating (the answer is "no")

areonic

I run a server,most of you know,cause i ask retard questions and all,at least you help tho;)

But in my server today,we were playing seige and this guy was fling around the level,how did he do that or is it a cheat,

also ,i am the admin,is there a way that i can have a weapon in duel mode for when ppl act up and be asses,but no1 else gets 1

As to "flying" there is only one known legit way to fly without mods/addons or cheats and that's using the Jetpack.

In JA the only basic map that enables this is Siege_Desert, for the Mercenary Scout class (Boba Fett).

Jump in the air and then hit "use" to activate it. It has limited fuel. Hold "Jump" to ascend (add gas), "crouch" to descend (cut gas).

It's not a cheat, but part of the game. If people are using it on other non-addon maps, check to see if the server is running cheats (with cheats anybody can have a jetpack). ; )

Private Duels are only allowed if the server allows them and they only work on FFA maps (not Siege, CTF, etc). Only one duel can take place at a time.

Sure he can, but he has to allow everyone else to as well.

Without (stupid) mods the admin isn't allowed to "cheat" sorry. If he turns on cheats, then everybody can use them.

The admin is just another player who happens to have the ability to kick/ban and change game settings without a vote being called.

Actually I have witnessed (on more than one occasion) a "bug" (for lack of better terms) where a player in MP FFA could scoot about the map at a fixed altitude above everyone else. When asked the players would generally say they didn't have a clue how they did it, nor did they seem to be able to exploit it in any particular way.

It even happened once to me - I jumped quite high and after a spike on the "lag-o-meter" I found myself floating across the map as if there was no gravity (I also lacked control to stop or change my direction).

I'm chalking it up to just another example of online weirdness. And no, before you ask, cheats weren't enabled. :)

Originally posted by Kurgan

Just for fun Jawa, how long did it take you to "master" JK2? (including all the patch changes)

I have not 'mastered' it, nor has anyone. The combo limits and selections are unlimited. People are just better than others.

JA on the other hand, I actually 'mastered' within 10 minutes.

Originally posted by MMXP

There is a special bug to fly. Cling to a wall, and have someone lightning you for about three seconds, then let go. You'll fly, but are stuck in the cling position.

Yep, that happened to me on Kurgan's server. He was yelling at me to tell how I did it :D

Archived