Home

*Has a heart attack*

Kjølen

Originally posted by Lynk Former

Usually I like your long strange "le resistance" posts Zoomie. But in this case a game thread that was VERY old needed to end.

Did I seem to be saying that closing the game threads was a bad move? :dozey: If that were my position on the matter, I would have posted:

^ Probably right.

< Vive la resistance.

V Closing thread.

:D ...But I didn't. I respect Ike's decision, and agree with him that we could cut back on the spam a bit around here. I did think the game thread was fun, and I also thought letting Kjølen-sama know this would be helpful to assuage feelings that might be bruised at this point. But that's far from a cry of 'Vive la resistance!'

You see, Lynkster, I find myself in an unusual position here...and it has nothing to do with the closing of a thread with my name on it. :dozey: I have said in the past that I would protest the closing of any of our chit-chat threads here in Aresen. My advocacy on behalf of members having conflict with the moderators is something that I have done in the past, and am willing to do in the future should the situation warrant it.

However, I also said that I wouldn't be drawn into defending what I called 'idiotic, kiddie-spam.' Whether I think the game in question was such or not is beside the point...it simply isn't my call. Ike made that call, and whether my name was on the thread he was closing or not, I've chosen to respect it. Spam in general is becoming a problem, and on that matter I am clearly in argreement with him.

So. :max: Please don't characterize me as being on a particular side of an issue when my actions support the other. That is all.

Originally posted by Lynk Former

I like Pearl Jam (favourite), Faith No More, Nine Inch Nails. I also like The Doors and A LOT of music from Animes and my mp3 list has basically got it all. What does that tell you about me?

(i'm interested to know XD)

Quick assessment based on that list,.. even if I knew nothing else about you:

You have an active imagination, an interest in the unusual and things outside the accepted norm, a highly creative edge, and a bit of a rebellious streak. It's the kind of list I would expect from an (and please don't take this the wrong way...) art-school nerd.

But... It's not a perfect science. :p Just a gut feeling I get when I see what people listen to.

Still think we should try Radio Free Saturn in Aresen? I think the days of Pink Monkey and voodoo thrash zombie Gandhi are behind us...

I would have started a Radio Free Saturn a long time ago here, but I'm not really an Aresener, so it's not really my place to do it.

Archived