Home

how do you .. g_speed & cg_fpls 1

jediofthenew

Originally posted by |GG|Crow_Nest

Answer to 1st question.

Theres a console command for that. i think its "cg_fpls" or something.

Yeah, pretty sure its CG_fpls 1 (i'm pretty sure it works in JO mp)

Does it work in JA sp? If not, what is the command for first person saber view in JA SP?

Cos i think i remember trying CG_fpls 1 but i don't think it worked. There probably is a command to enable first person saber view in SP. If not, coders, here's a job for you. It would be a pretty cool experience with 1st person saber in ja sp. Physically stepping into the role of a jedi.

Ok i just tried it. CG_fpls 1 is a command in the mp.exe engine and therefore functions, but is pretty crappy like in JO mp. However, it does not work in the sp engine (as predicted) because this was always an enhancement for the mp.exe engine. To enable first person in SP (just as good as the 1st person in JO), coders would have to get busy.

1. Wow, I thought the fpv didnt exist in JA. I myself would have absolutely *no* use for it

2. game speed is altered by the "timescale" command.... think it is g_timescale x I dont know what numbers you'd need to put in to slow things down a notch, but I dont know how you'd go doing this in MP/duel anyway. Ive only ever used timescale to *speed things up* in SP. You lose music and voices though....

MTFBWYA

the reason i want those 2 things is :

I fell in love with the first person lightsber duel in star wars trilogy arcade. It puts you in a first person duel against darth vader and its at a slow "realistic" speed , anyone else get to experience that ? i loved it but only got to play it once. never got that far into the game again.

so really what i am trying to do is reproduce the effect and feel of that level. fpduel and slower like the movie vader and luke duel.

if you any other solutions or other ways to get it like that , please do post them , for now i post the firstperson thing on the other board for coding thanks alot !

also its intended for use in sp , but thanks for the mp posts aswell , i want to develope, if i cant this way, a mod that jsut doest it all for you . the first person and slower duel level , i get to work on the mod for the level , but i really am clueless on moding the speed and first person so im looking for alternatives

maby the mod that does it all can go mp later but for now i jsut want to play this way in sp first .

cg_fpls 1 works in MP (haven't tested it in SP). The only trouble is that the model's head gets in the way (JK2 used a semi-transparent model in SP and MP.. in fact it was an "arms only" model, though there was also a headless model).

Raven staffers have said time and again that they don't plan to implement this in JA like they did in the previous game, hinting that the feature was just "thrown in at the last minute" in JK2 and "never really supported." To do it in JA would require they "do it justice" by making it fit with every custom model in the game, and since that would be "too much work" they won't do it.

Thankfully OpenJediProject has this included as a "to do" feature if I'm not mistaken, though it may take on a slightly different "trueview" approach rather than a straight port of the JK2 version (though I've been begging RA for the option to use one like JK2 had with the arm's only skin).

g_speed is a server side command that controls game speed. Change it from the default (lower for slower, higher for faster) and you can find something you like.

Originally posted by Kurgan

cg_fpls 1 works in MP (haven't tested it in SP). The only trouble is that the model's head gets in the way (JK2 used a semi-transparent model in SP and MP.. in fact it was an "arms only" model, though there was also a headless model).

I have been searching for a way to do it in SP, but of course, it lowers the amount of things you can do. It'll be somewhat an Obi-Wan vs Vader fight, where they'rew slow, delibrate, and.... old.

But raven did something similar in SoF2--they didn't give access to a third person view in SP, but they did in MP (until the Gold patch came out). Oh well.

Archived