Home

Aratech 74-Z Speederbike Model

Pahricida

I've been doing this for the first time ... overall I been moddeling for 4 weeks now ...

I don't even know what a good weighting looks like :D

But you are right ... I forgot to attach the skin modifier to the tags *ashamed*

Alright added them for the tags and placed them correctly fpr the rest of the meshes ...

whole Model is weighted now ...

Problem consists :D

Somehow my frames are messed up ...

I followed the Instructions in Duncan's Tutorial except the small 5 Frame Animation.. cause my Animate button is locked and I dunno how to unlock it ...

Originally posted by Pahricida

I followed the Instructions in Duncan's Tutorial except the small 5 Frame Animation.. cause my Animate button is locked and I dunno how to unlock it ...

i think thats the problem, the frame count isnt importent, but the skeleton must have an animation. there are also other ways to creat an animation. you can select a bone and use the motion tab to creat an animation tag and set it to a rotation.

one of the bones just must have an anination. try the play function, if there is no bone moving, its wrong.

you are very close to get it in game, so hang on!

Originally posted by Duncan_10158

i think thats the problem, the frame count isnt importent, but the skeleton must have an animation. there are also other ways to creat an animation. you can select a bone and use the motion tab to creat an animation tag and set it to a rotation.

one of the bones just must have an anination. try the play function, if there is no bone moving, its wrong.

you are very close to get it in game, so hang on!

Yeah, I also thought about it, but was too lazy to type it...

ok, what xsi exporter and what assimilate/carass version do you use? i am using both from the JO SDK released one a half years ago by reven. i havent tested the new released JA SDK, perhaps assimilate/carcass works different now. if you can get the old versions, try them, or change the hirarchie for ex. delete the top dummys. try and error :(

if you cant figure it out, let me know and sent me the max version of your vehicle and i will take a look at it. hope we can get it to work.

terribly wrong? it looks perfect, doesnt it? (joking :))

this happens to everyones first model in game. the problem is 3ds max can handle transforms like mirroring but JA cant. your vehicle elements are in game rotated and the faces are fliped the wrong way. this can happen when you move elements after weighted them and/or you constracted them using any kind of mirroring. you can correct that by applying >Reset XForm< in 3ds max befor you weight the elements. on the right side under the >Utilities< tab is a >Reset XForm< botom. you have to select the element and then click on >reset selected<. this foe every element and then the hole thing from weighting on again.

i am sorry about that, but i wrote in the tutoral that you will do the hole thing again and again befor it turns out right :)

btw, what was the problem with the wron hirarchie? i am just want to know for the troubleshooting section.

well actually I'm not quite sure ...

I deleted evry bone, helper and Tag on my Vehicle and Downloaded the Jedi Academy Model & Animation Pack and took everything out of the Swoop's XSI

But the imported XSI didn't contain any bones or my importer just screwed up ...

So I did the boney stuff again and exportet it to XSI

.. oh and after your advise I used the Assimilate and carcass exe from the JK2 SDK since JKA didn't work :D

I'll compile my model again with JKA SDK Tools to see, wether the problem was with my model or the Tools ...

btw thx 4 the help :D

*edit*

Alright I went through the compiling process with the JKA Tools again and it didn't work ... switching back to JK2 Tools and everything went alright ...

sorry, i always forget something. befor you apply the XForm make sure the element i not weighted and not in a hirarchie. you have to delete the hole hirarchie or the thing that happens i game happens in 3ds max. if the element isnt binded into a hirarchie there wont be a rotation. but there still will be a face flipping.

to solve the face flipping wrong, select the element on which you applyed XForm, right-click and convert back it to >editable Mesh<. now under Modifier tab enable >Face< and select all wrong faces (probably all). under >Surface Proprieties< click >Flip<. now the faces should be right again.

as soon you can apply XForm and everything stays correct, then you can convert it to editable mesh and go on with importing the vehicle. uv-maps, hirarchie, weighting and so on.

The JA SDK assimilate/carcass seems to need another top structure of the hirarchie. perhaps the dummys have to be named different or they arent needed any more. stange.

• 3 weeks later...

still no skinner available?

Please I really need it to be skinned so I can finnaly release it :D

I wouldn't ask if I knew someone by myself ... but I don't and I've got no Idea of skinning anyway ...

So if any Skinner is willed to do a community modder a favor :p

Gimme' some Skiiins :D

Archived