Home

The Lord of the Rings

Shivermetimbers

Originally posted by RemiO

I've never watched the movies, and don't really have any plans to watch them either. I never liked the books, so I really have no reason to.

Each to his own I suppose.

Slinkie, are you telling me that you've seen the first two, but may not see the last? I mean, even if you didn't like them, surely there's a burning desire to know how it ends? I mean, I hated the Matrix Reloaded, but I just had to know how it ended.

Oh, that reminds me of something funny I read in a magazine the other day. Some guy wrote in saying how much he hated the Matrix and loved LOTR and said that if the Wachowski Brothers had directly LOTR, Frodo would have probably gone up to mount doom, struck up a conversation with Sauron for about 20 minutes, and then agree to give Sauron the ring in exchange for stopping his armies and bringing peace, thus delivering the most powerful weapon in the world back to it's maker who might as well be the devil himself, and going back to the shire thinking he's done good.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Skinkie

Actually I haven't seen either of the new Matrix movies either. But I hear if you speed up all the slow mo scenes the movies are like 45 minutes long. Probably not completely true.

I think I said that.

And Mort Hog, Like i said, it was in a magazine and it wasn't an article, it was simply someone writing in and that was pretty much all they said.

Originally posted by Joshi

And yes, they did miss out the final scene with Saruman, but that's because the entire story of the lord of the rings is about sauron, not sarumon, he is just saurons pawn and isn't really important in comparison to the greater danger of sauron.

Pfft. Sauron was a pussy.

He died when they cut off his finger, and turned into a big eye. Whats he gonna do? Look at them? Aah!

Saruman made the Uruk Hai and almost defeated Rohan.

Originally posted by Jedi-Monkey

Pfft. Sauron was a pussy.

He died when they cut off his finger, and turned into a big eye. Whats he gonna do? Look at them? Aah!

Saruman made the Uruk Hai and almost defeated Rohan.

Note the word you used there. That one, right there, yep, that's it. Almost.

Saurons army could've flattened Rohan, and probably turned Minas Tirith into a playground if Aragorn hadn't cheated and got an army which basically couldn't die.

Plus, if Sauron could've come back, he'd have been much worse than before. Did you see the beginning of Fellowship, that was luck that had him killed, he won't make that mistake again, you'd have to be pretty stupid to do that, and fashioning 20 rings, giving them out to lords and ladies and then controlling them with another main ring isn't exactly stupid, it's genius.

Originally posted by Gabez

At first I thought that comment wasn't relevent, but then I remembered that Sauruman says that to Wormtounge when he gets back from the golden hall. ;

A gold star for you!

Possibly the most amusing line in the film.

Now that gabez says that, I can recall the line and even what sauramon looks like and everything. Well done Gabez (currently listening to the directors audio commentary on Fellowship, then when I find the first disc of TTT i'll listen to that one as well)

Archived