Home

Xmod questions

Master William

i am pretty sure that the 2.2 d/l is the full version, because it works on mine without anything from 2.1 .

you can load xmod from your main menu. just go to setup, then mods, and chose xmod and then load mod. after this just create a game and it will be using xmod. i dont know if this is a common problem, but xmod wasnt on my mods list when i first tried.

for the +set fs_game xmod, go to the shortcut that starts you win32 jamp dedicated server. then right click on it, hit properties, there is a field called target. you need to add "+set fs_game xmod" at the end of the stuff that is already there (without the quotes). it should look something like this when your done:

"C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData\jampDed.exe" +set fs_game xmod

I hope you're using Windows.

Go to Start, and navigate your way towards where the Jedi Academy shortcuts are. Right click on the Star Wars Jedi Academy folder, and left click on Explore.

This should bring you to a Windows Explorer interface. Right click on Play JA Multiplayer (Safe Mode), copy it, and paste it into the directory. It should show up as Copy of Play JA Multiplayer (Safe Mode).

Right click on the Copy of JA MP, and left click on Properties. There should be a line called Target that should look like this...

C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData\jamp.exe" +exec setlanguage.cfg +safe

First of all, highlight and eliminate +safe. That resets everything to default every time you use the shortcut to start Jedi Academy MP. Next, go to the end, and add "+set fs_game xmod" (no quotes). It should look like...

"C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData\jamp.exe" +exec setlanguage.cfg +set fs_game xmod"

I'll get some pictures posted later.

Originally posted by Master William

This has stopped working...

My path is: +exec setlanguage.cfg +devmap matrix_reloaded +set fs_game xmod

Still, I see the message showing "could not exec setlaunguage.cfg" in the console, and it is loading the map, but Xmod is not loading...

Your command line says +exec setlanguage.cfg but your error message says "could not exec setlaunguage.cfg". Is there a typo in the file name or command line?

Did you put the xmod folder with the xmod files in the GameData folder (not the base folder)?

I think it's /x not /gc, but I think I read he is changing it back to /gc becuse that is what people are used to.

But actually, the main admin commands come from logging in with the rcon password. Log in with rcon and you have all of the x_ commands.

This is a better place to ask these questions:

http://x.fragism.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=12

Archived