Home

new custom CTF map

Torchy

hi guys here is a map i made back in november for jedi academy. its a ctf map inspired by the yavin single player mission, please let me know what you think. the .map file / custom models are in the pk3 aswell if you wanna take a look

download http://www.kripzclan.co.uk/torchy/maps/torchyctf1.zip (4.9MB)

jamap1.jpg

jamap2.jpg

jamap3.jpg

*edit*

can an admin move this post to the mapping showcase forum please (if this is the wrong forum!) :)

thanks for the kind replies, glad you like the map! and im very flattered you want my babies... i'll hold you to that :smoke2:

i was a bit reluctant to add bots, mainly cos they always follow the same path so it must get a bit boring playing them :p , and also because when i tried adding bots they had trouble navigating the areas around the bridge and the ledges. i could upload a bot file for anyone who wants one though

i tried to keep the r_speeds within the boundaries of other raven ctf maps but they are a bit higher i guess :( . but i get 60 - 100 fps with a 1.5gig athlon / gf2 on 1024x768 high detail

Bots don't always follow the same path. Sure, if you spawn ONE bot only in a map and spectate following them, they'll go through the route from start to finish. But with other players in the map, they'll deviate to investigate interesting things, pick up needed health packs, trail other players, etc. They can branch from one section of the route to antoher nearby section, or reverse direction.

Archived