Home

Thread

Ernil

Where's the thread that gives the information about how to correctly run ScummVm? I want to Print Screen, but when I run Q&E in (scummvm mode), I get an error message. "Can't find monkey.somethingorother." I know there's a helping thread around here, but I can't find it.

If it's only looking for Monkey.0000, you've selected the alternate version (comes with the bounty pack, english). The US version on CD has a file called Monkey1.0000 which is what you want. if there is no alternate version, you have an old q&e. download the standalone SCUMMVM Q&E and it should be fine.

And benny, I suggest adding any additional info to the sticky up there post the new developments.

What neil means to say is that the mi1 resource files are named differently in different bundles. Normally they are named monkey1.000 and monkey1.001 but in certain bundles (like monkey madness) they are named monkey.000 and monkey.001.

So depending on which version you have you choose the appropriate game target in scummvm.

Your instructions have me befuddled.

I've got Monkey Madness. This has monkey.000, and every stinking thing I do asks for monkey1.000. Now, I know you've given me the answer to this answer somewhere in this tread. Specify, I beg you.

Much Respect and Awe,

Ernil

Have a look what folders lurk in the inner recesses of your CD. I think the Monkey1 folder is probably called 'Monkey1', in which case you need to set D:\Monkey1 as your path in Q&E.

Then try selecting the "Monkey 1 CD" and "Monkey 1 CD (Alternate)" games in Quick & Easy. One of them will work, the other won't.

The path has nothing to do with it, as benny says, ScummVM is looking for a different resource to what ernil has.

Ernil: Plain and simple, using scummvm q&e select either monkey island 1 or monkey island 1 (alternate version) and see which one works (this assumes you have the latest version of ScummVM Q&E and if you don't, I'd suggest downloading it from here) and using that)

• 3 weeks later...

*ahem*

Error: room 33 not in room 33 at 17318 64+0 in file monkey.001.

erm...

what the devil?

ScummVM and MI1 don't work because it keeps telling me it can't find room __ in room __. Devil. Anyone?

Well, Ernil. Here's how I think It should work.

And guess what, Ern? I can fix it like THIS! Aha! Good!

Just push ____ these buttons. That'll fix it!

See. It's FUN and EASY to help people out!

Archived