Home

[spoilers] Things you love about KotOR

-NGE-

Originally posted by txa1265

My understanding is that Game Crashes = ATI Radeon.

Is that not correct?

I have had ZERO crashes in nearly 200 hours of playing on my PC.

Mike

not quite... ive got an ATI Radeon and pretty much zero problems...

Originally posted by -NGE-

not quite... ive got an ATI Radeon and pretty much zero problems...

Which is why I said "Game Crashes = ATi Radeon, not ATi Radeon = Game Crashes" ... ;)

Anyway - isn't this supposed to be about what you *DO* like? Why has is turned into a b*tch session about crashing issues?

Mike

Originally posted by txa1265

Which is why I said "Game Crashes = ATi Radeon, not ATi Radeon = Game Crashes" ... ;)

Anyway - isn't this supposed to be about what you *DO* like? Why has is turned into a b*tch session about crashing issues?

Mike

I dont see the difference :confused:

anyway yeah people... why did everything start nagging all of a sudden :D

Originally posted by ob1 kenobi

A few dialogues between HK47 and T3 would have been nice. It would have given the feel of the hillarious conversations between C3PO and R2. (I've tried taking them with me on several occasions, but they don't seem to have a single thing to say to each other.) If any one has seen any dialogues appear please let me know.:(

On my second game-run I was messing around with the Dark Side, so as I went to the droid shop - intent on bargaining the way HK-47 told me to - I decided to lose Bastila so I wouldn't have to put up with her constant whining whenever you do things with The Force that just ain't right:

I went with T3 instead and the little droid tried his best to warn me on buying HK-47. In so many words HK-47 told him to save it...

Anyway, since HK-47 is the funniest game character to ever grace my PC, I devoted my second game pretty much to him and my SithSlut™, making sure my repair skill was insanely high so I could get to hear all about The Life and Times of HK-47 from, well, HK-47 himself. Apart from some hillarious tales from the soft underbelly of the Galaxy, you end up with one mean ranged killing machine when fully reparing him before the Leviathan encounter. So much so that he was with me through the Star Forge armed with the Baragwin Disruptor-X weapon, holding his own very well. Of course, by then Bastila had started to see things my way, so I let her come along as well.

On my first run through the game I went into the droid shop and spoke to HK-47 before I spoke to Yuka Laka. I hadn't read a thing about HK prior to this, but I guess he sold himself pretty damn well...

If you don't think HK-47 is all that funny, you must have missed the conversation tree in which you attempt telling him to not call you Master anymore. Check it out :)

Originally posted by -NGE-

I dont see the difference :confused:

anyway yeah people... why did everything start nagging all of a sudden :D

It is a logic puzzle - like how every plate is a dish but not every dish is a plate ... get it now ;)

I've now been over a week without playing KotOR ... I've since finished Neverwinter Nights Hordes of the Underdark expansion (epic classes, I ended as a level 29 Sorceror, *just* got Hellball, which does 10d6 of four elemental damage types to every enemy ... but never got to cast it ...), and am most of the way through XIII, and have just restarted Baldur's Gate 2 as a Sorceror (was in the middle of Ch2 as a Paladin).

As I reflect, I still have no doubt that this is my favorite game ever. There is so much depth and variety in the story and action. No, it doesn't have the depth of BG2, or the class variety from NWN, or the direct action from JA, but yet it transcends those in my mind - because it has a scope, and it exploits that fully.

Mike

HK47 is a hilarious charachter.

I allso like Canderous.

Carth is one of my favorites (With a upgreaded power armor, two heavyily modefied blaster pistols and viroblades and max skills in two-weapon combat, rapid shot and flrury, he KICKS ASS!!!)

J.B. (the old guy) is allso cool, since he's "gray", he can use both dark and light side powers with great effect.

Mission is allsso one of my favorites nad, of course Bastilla.. I ddon't tend to use other charachters at all....

------------

I haven't noticed any conversation between HK34 and T3, alltough they could be easily scripted in.

I allso like the Force persuade a lot ("You like me", " You want to give me the items", "You want to get away"..hehehe)

Archived