Home

When to Jedi up?

LantonBlathor

well, I wouldn't recommend doing it at lvl 2 because of the fact that it would be almost impossible to finihs Taris, and lvl 5 is a little low too, but feasable. personally in my games I just get to lvl 8, but then you have less options when it comes to force powers. if you are a scoundrel/consular i really recommend you do it at lvl 8 because yo get extra force abilities anyways

I already killed Bendak. I just used the sith field generator (only one I have) and the gear from the leader of the bad gang ( can't remember the name). I ran away from his grenades, hit a strength stem, ran up close, hit Bendak while he had his blaster drawn, and ran away when he drew his sword. Repeated 'till he was dead.

I'm still at level five. I decided to stay here untill I become a jedi or untill it becomes too hard to continue at this level.

i've done it as a 8/12 scout/ jedi and 2/18 scout jedi

and its good being a lvl 18 jedi, but yes until you've become a jedi its quite hard. however once you've become a jedi and caught up on all the level ups it's alot easier.

It's actually possible, although obviously a bit difficult to completely finish Taris, including all the duels -Yes, the deathmatch inclusive- at level 2 of any class.

Furthermore, being this is at least my 8th time through the game so far, I've done it 2 or 3 times now on the "Difficult" setting. (next game after the current one I'll probably mod the game to increase the dificulty yet further).

There's a couple fights where you have to use... well, rather unorthodox, and I'm sure some would say "cheap" tactics, but I really wanted to see what the game was like as a 2/18, but I can't resist quests lol

For those who want to know...

The fights are easy till Ice. She's not *too* bad. A couple grenades and a plain energy shield or a few other choices will work.

Marl is the first real threat. Since he always goes melee, I had to basically run around in circles and plug at him when I had a chance, and repeat till he was dead. Alacrity stims, and battle stims can be of some use here, and the key is to only ever take one shot at him, then immediately start running before he swings. Chances are, if he hits you, you're dead.

Twitch isn't hard. Again.. energy shield and grenades/blasters will do him in easily, or you could use str stims and chop him um.. though that method is rather hard at level 2 on difficult mode.

Bendak.. Obviously, dodge the grenades till he quits throwing them, and be sure to keep a sith energy shield running. Once he goes to blasters, you can either just kill him with grenades, or.. you can attempt to stun him with a concussion grenade or sniper shot if you know it. If he DOES get stunned, immediately run in and use 2 of your best melee attack, but then run far away again. Sometimes he insists on chasing you with melee weapons. If he does, resort to tactics used for Marl. Otherwise, he'll swing when you're close, but go to blasters when you aren't. If that's the case, it's back to grenades and pot shots from range, trying to re-stun him, or the hit-run-hit-run-repeat tactic someone else in the thread mentioned. Though at only level 2, it's almost impossible to actually hit him in melee combat when he's not stunned hehe.. it can take a while.

Well anyhow... it CAN be done. And of course, you *can* turn the dificulty down to easy temporarily for some of the battles if you just can't get by them. :)

-Kitty

if you want to go scoundrel/consular 2/18 then be sure to put every ability score point in your dex modifier... you'll need that armorclass...

but going 2/18 is stupid anyway... you lose all class related feats (for example all implant levels if you're a scout... you get lvl3 implant when you're level 8) this way so you have to put points in them if you still want em... i like 8/12 best... it allows for pretty much everything (plus, if want are really into putting points into skills... i would advise against going 2/18 because basically none of the jedi classes have rapid skill point progression...)

• 2 weeks later...

If you can beat Bendak very easily at lvl 5 as a scoundrel it means that you cheated or put the game at easy difficulty...very easy...

Already at level 7-8 it's hard on normal difficulty as a soldier with your stims and everything. How much harder can it be for a scoundrel?

2/18 is stupid. You lose all the good stuff. Force powers aren't everything. The game was built for you to be 8/12 so it's well balanced when you do that.

I am playing on the normal difficulty setting and I'm playing a Scout Gaurdian. I had no problem with Bendak (see earlier post).

I was at Lvl 5 when I beat him. I am working on a build that, when finished, should give me a Scout Gaurdian with almost the same force power as consular. I got the idea from a FAQ I read on GameFAQS. So far so good.

• 1 month later...

I usually go 5-15 with scouts or soldiers and 6-14 with scoundrels as at level 6 you get the improved sneak attack (3d6 i think?) which combined with critical strike feats is very handy later on.

2-18 really isn't worth the effort imho especially as a consular the lack of feats drove me insane

i beat the game twice doing 8/12 and 2 more times on 2/18. i have mixed opinions on both. 8/12 makes taris real fun but if you try to go 2/18 on taris (especially as scoundral) its not much fun, but when you become consular you get well over 300 FP so some might say its worth it. but for scout i'd say go 8/12 b/c then you get the implant feats which are very helpful. i'd say 5/15 would be good for soldier so you can build feats early but then have more force points when you become guardian, b/c guardians i think only get like 150 FP which kinda sucks, but if you go 5/15 you might be able to get like 175. when i was a 2/18 soldier/guardian i had 208 FP and a nasty power attack w/ my double bladed lightsaber that did a combined 75+ hit points. its fun for later on but it makes the first part of the game rather unenjoyable.:cool:

but if you go 5/15 you might be able to get like 175

true and thats with a wisdom of 14 or 16 i think but consider this when playing lightside using the ciclet or saresh +7wis? and the star forge robes +5wis? this takes your bonus to like +10 i think on my last play through i wound up with 250 odd fps as a soldier guardian lots of force waves!

The sword i got as soon as i killed him but the circlet of saresh was in a little remains bag that appeared:jab1

Also i've decided to retract my statement that going 2-18 isn't worth it the only time i did it previously i was DS but having just played LS as a scoundrel guardian i wound up with nearly 300vp and fp granted almost no skills but i only use persuade and treat injury anyways but the guardian feat progression is probably better than a scoundrel and i probably had my best character in my 10 odd plays through the game (Couldn't beat bendak though evenwith Kittys advice)

I personally prefer going jedi at level 5 no matter what base class I'm using. For me, I really value feats, and going jedi at level 5 (a level where you get a feat no matter what class you're using) nets you a full range of feats for your PC, where as becoming a jedi at a level where you don't get a feat you end up losing a feat by the end of your character progression. But really I guess it's just personal preference. I personally feel that at level 5 you get most of the advantages of the base class, while still leaving yourself enough room to fully get the advantages of your jedi class also.

peace

• 2 weeks later...

Archived