Home

Some npcs are mindtrickable/some aren't?

Dr_night

I have some very basic experience modding saber files and npcs, but I'm unable to figure out how to make certain enemies immune/vunerable to mindtrick, is there a certain line in the .NPC file I missed? because I thought I heard about someone changed hazardtroopers to where they could be gripped, and stuff like evil jedi could be mindtricked to fight for you.

mind trick is somehow distance-related as well.

i've played around with the assets1.pk3 file and found no obvious variable in npc configs about whether a character can be mind trickable or not. i'll check again and if i find something that may interest you, i'll follow up.

I haven't been able to find what I'm looking for, I already have that though, I'll check to see if I missed it somehow, what I need, is a way to make certain npcs that normally are not affected by mindtrick ARE affected by it, and some that are affected aren't, anyone know how I can do that?

Originally posted by Kengo

This should help:

http://www.pcgamemods.com/3648

You can make someone immune to force powers with ICARUS scripting certainly. I think its possible in the NPC files, I can't be sure though. It could possibly be coded into what NPC type they are (eg Reborn are all immune).

I downloaded the file, keep getting an error messgae whenever i try to open the .exe file.

Originally posted by AIVAS

I haven't been able to find what I'm looking for, I already have that though, I'll check to see if I missed it somehow, what I need, is a way to make certain npcs that normally are not affected by mindtrick ARE affected by it, and some that are affected aren't, anyone know how I can do that?

Icarus scripts;

set(<SET_TYPES>"SET_NO_MINDTRICK", <BOOL_TYPES>"false");

Should do the trick.

Archived