Home

The Meatgrinder is back!

Kurgan

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you just saying that or have you played the custom improved bots on my server?

Trust me, they are MUCH better than the bots that came packaged with the game. I use the custom routes and tweaked botfiles created by DDS as well as a motley crew of bots I created... ; )

PS: Server will be down for a few hours (estimate) tonight will I upgrade a few things.

No whining brats on my server, but weirdos, well I can't say there aren't a few of them. ; )

PS: Sorry to hold up the fun (yet again) but I hit a snag with my OS so I'm reinstalling everything. Hopefully the server will be back up by tomorrow (but maybe later tonight if I'm lucky).

It's up now! I'm able to join it fine, but I can somebody test it and post here if they get in? Thanks!

The only mods I'm running at the moment are the JA Bonus MapPack, DDS Ibots, DDS Rerouted and my own custom bots.

The main thing is that everybody get the bonus pack before joining, the rest you can autodownload in a very short time. But if somebody tries to download the mappack from the server they'll be waiting a long time. Heh.

Okay here's the deal (thanks to Andy for helping me test).

The other day I installed Win2kPro because 98se was having problems booting (so I'm now on a dual-boot setup, but only 2k works properly). I thought I wouldn't have to reinstall everything because JA worked fine. I can run the server and join it and play.

HOWEVER, it's not showing up in ASE and nobody can connect to it.

So for now I'm freeing up space so I can reinstall JA on the 2k setup.

So please be patient. I would have had it done by now but we had a power outage on my block this afternoon! ; p

It's up right now (6:18pm CST) and it will likely be up until midnight, then it'll be down for a few hours while I test something on another server.

Afterward I'll probably bring it back up until whenever.

Finally, late Wednesday night or later it will be going down.

So all I can say is just keep checking it if you want to join. Hopefully next week and then on I can have it up more regularly.

Just the problems with my pc/ISP have made it hard to host in the past weeks.

Update: Haven't had many joiners today, so I'm taking the server down from 11:00pm CST to about 12:30 or so. It'll be back up when I'm done testing.

Archived