Home

May I gloat for a second?

Wildstar

In the words of Troy Brown at the rally Tuesday, "BINGO!!! We got bingo! We win again!" In other words, the New England Patriots are once again Super Bowl champions (as if noone already knew :D ). I thought edlib would've been just as excited and posted before me. edlib, if you're still with us, I'd love to hear from you. :)

It's still possible to match that record... :D

Hey come on,.. it's been since the Bird/ Parrish days of the Celtics that Boston-area sports fans have been able to gloat about much of anything,.. let alone having the potential makings of a sports dynasty on our hands. We're bound to be totally obnoxious about it... we're due.

:joy:

Vinatieri, barring injury (knock on wood), has at least another 7 or 8 years left in him. That guy can kick.

But to all you Pats fans who are high on Superbowl victory, may I remind you about Aaron Boone, as well as 4 World Series victories and 6 WS appearences in the last 8 years. That's right...GO YANKEES!!!

Pitchers and catchers in a couple of weeks, can't wait.

We'll see about that Kylillin. Red Sox got Schilling and Foulke in the offseason...Yankees lost most of their pitching plus the aforementioned Aaron Boone (due to injury). Should be an interesting race, though. Vegas has the Red Sox 5/2 to win the World Series with the Yanks right behind them @ 7/2.

Foulke is a great pickup, Schilling on the other hand has the potential, as like Pedro, to Burn himself out by september.

The only thing that makes me worry about the starting pitching for the yankees is that they don't have a lefty starter, thats no good in my book.

Originally posted by Nute Gunray

patriots :rolleyes:

I wish they'd just shut up about the "two super bowls in three years." Steelers did four in five.

The Bradshaw era Steelers played in a different NFL, though. In today's NFL of player movement, salary cap, and general parity, two Super Bowls in three years most certainly can constitute a dynasty.

Originally posted by Wildstar

The Bradshaw era Steelers played in a different NFL, though. In today's NFL of player movement, salary cap, and general parity, two Super Bowls in three years most certainly can constitute a dynasty.

But the Bills didn't. The Bills played in teh same NFL that's around now. Granted they lost every super bowl they went to, but they were there.

As far as I'm concerned, a dynasty has be to transgenerational, like a royal dynasty. Only the Steelers, Cowboys, Packers, and Niners fit that one. Hell, the Cowboys have lost more Super Bowls than the Patriots have ever been in.

The Bills did not play in the NFL of today. Free agency in the National Football League was not introduced until after the 1993 season was over. The Bills made the Superbowl the following season, and have since not returned.

The Patriots are not a dynasty for this reason, last season the Patriots had a losing record and did not make the playoffs, it's that simple. If they had made the playoffs last season, it would make for a much more valid argument. If they manage to get back next year, then the dynasty argument can truly begin.

Originally posted by Kylilin

The Patriots are not a dynasty for this reason, last season the Patriots had a losing record and did not make the playoffs, it's that simple. If they had made the playoffs last season, it would make for a much more valid argument. If they manage to get back next year, then the dynasty argument can truly begin.

Correction, the 2002 Patriots were 9-7 and just missed getting back into the playoffs (tied for AFC East lead, but lost on a tiebreaker). :p

Originally posted by edlib

... the potential makings of a sports dynasty on our hands.

I never said that we had a dynasty,.. yet. But a couple of more years like last year, and who knows...

It sure would be nice if it comes down that way, but not the end of my world if it didn't happen. Right now it's nice to just see one New England team at the top of thier game.

Archived