Home

Should the Wookiees be in SWGB2?

Darth Windu

Which civs would you prefer in SWGB2?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Which civs would you prefer in SWGB2?

• Naboo & Wookiees
    • Royal Naboo & Gungans
    • Other (specify)

pbguy - i'd suggest that you use some air freshner and some cleaning tools, because that it the biggest pile of manure i've seen here for a while.

I have never suggested that the Wookiees be replaced with the Yuuzhan Vong (is that right?). What i WAS asking was wether the Wookiees should be replaced with another civ that had more screen time than they did, the Mon Calamari would be one candidate. However, as no-one came up with any other alternatives, i have decided to keep the Wookiees.

I'll probably never know how you come to these incorrect, loony ideas about what i say, but i would ask that you actually read and try to understand posts before you respond and make a fool of yourself.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Darth Windu

I have never suggested that the Wookiees be replaced with the Yuuzhan Vong (is that right?). What i WAS asking was wether the Wookiees should be replaced with another civ that had more screen time than they did, the Mon Calamari would be one candidate. However, as no-one came up with any other alternatives, i have decided to keep the Wookiees.

You have a very strange thought process. It skips a few steps pretty often.

First of all, give up on the Vong. It ain't gonna happen. I will personally buy your next Star Wars RTS if they're in it. You can quote me on that. It will never happen.

Oh yeah... the mon Cal had SOOOOO much more 'screen time.' How many movies were they in? And how many of them were in them? You might want to re-think that theory.

I'll probably never know how you come to these incorrect, loony ideas about what i say, but i would ask that you actually read and try to understand posts before you respond and make a fool of yourself.

You say it, I just laugh at it and make fun of it and point out how you're wrong. Me a fool? Isn't that the pot calling the kettle black... And hey, I like your posts. If for nothing more than a good laugh and to feel very fortunate that I'm not you.

Wookiees already have more screentime than Mon Calamari, I have no idea what Windu is on about.

Episode I: Wookiees - Yes, Mon Calamari - No

Episode II: Wookiees - No, Mon Calamari - No

Episode IV: Wookiees - Yes, Mon Calamari - No

Episode V: Wookiees - Yes, Mon Calamari - No

Episode VI: Wookiees - Yes, Mon Calamari - Yes

Just because there are a number of Mon Calamari in half of Return of the Jedi doesn't make up for the fact that Chewbacca is a main character who features the whole way through three movies.

And going on what pbguy said - I will personally buy everyone on this forum a copy of the next Star Wars RTS if it features the Yuuzhan Vong as a civ, that's how confident I am they won't be there.

Originally posted by Admiral Vostok

And going on what pbguy said - I will personally buy everyone on this forum a copy of the next Star Wars RTS if it features the Yuuzhan Vong as a civ, that's how confident I am they won't be there.

WOOOO!!! Now, that being said, I'm wishing for a Vong Civ!:p

pbguy - why oh why do you never listen. I have said twice now on this thread that I NEVER INTENDED TO REPLACE THE WOOKIEES WITH THE VONG - get it through your think skull!

luke - my point is that we see a lof more of the Mon Cal's than we do Wookiees. The grand total so far is about 3 or 4 Wookiees compared to many, many Mon Cal plus their Cruisers. They are a lot more prominant as a race than the Wookiees are, even though we see Chewie more.

They are a lot more prominant as a race than the Wookiees are, even though we see Chewie more.

That is such an incorrect statement. You walk up to your average Joe Nobody and ask him to name a Wookiee, there is a fair chance he will say Chewbacca. Go up to him and ask him to name a Mon Calamari and he might refer you to the squid rings he had for lunch.

Chewbacca is such a popular and prominant character, so much so they felt it necessary to include Wookiee senators in Episode I and the character of Chewbacca in Episode III. Explain how a race whose name isn't even mentioned throughout the entire saga is more prominant than that.

If I need to go to external sources, name a single piece of pop culture that includes the words Mon Calamari. Off the top of my head I'd include The Simpsons, The Bloodhound Gang, South Park, and View Askew movies that have on more than one occaision mentioned Wookiees. The only thing I can remotely think of relating to Mon Calamari is that in the South Park movie, the guy giving the war briefing has a voice similar to Admiral Ackbar, but that's a stretch and any non-Star Wars fan would not get the reference.

So I ask you once again Windu to explain your bizarre logic.

Vostok - you missed the point i was trying to make. Sure, the Wookiees due to Chewbacca are more prominent BUT we see more of the Mon Calamari civilisation. I'm not suggesting they should be a seperate civ in SWGB2 (i have them as part of the Rebels), just as an example of a possible replacement.

ForZ - i'd would love to see you prove it. Kinda like WMD's in Iraq i guess, i never believed that the Mon Cal would be a good replacement for the Wookiees, as i said, i was using them as an example of a possible replacement.

I'm also curious as to your position with the Vong, why is it you want them in the game so badly?

Archived