Home

Should the Wookiees be in SWGB2?

Darth Windu

Which civs would you prefer in SWGB2?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Which civs would you prefer in SWGB2?

• Naboo & Wookiees
    • Royal Naboo & Gungans
    • Other (specify)

Wookiees are the least played civ (I believe) but it isn't because their units are weak. I'm sure Saberhagen and Sithmaster can recite a list of what makes the Wookiees a good/bad civ for SWGB1, but I also believe the fact that most of their units are not from the movies has an impact on how much they are played.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's very hard to account for why some civs aren't popular. Maybe it has something to do with fashion or herd mentality or something. It seems to change over time anyway, eg sometimes confeds have been very popular and other times they haven't. Wooks (can't spell it ;)) certainly have an interesting combination of strengths which you would think people would want - air, heavy weapons and troopers, but maybe people find it harder to play because it doesn't fit the normal pattern of air/jedi or mechs/heavies. I also think they arguably have the least annoying sound effects. But who knows?

BTW nitro, what is metallic wood? And how would it look different from metal???

A lot of the noobies start out with your basic mech whoring so thats where the Wookiees are not the best at so they get those first impressions and just don't play them again and move onto an easier civ like the empire. Wookiee troops are the best in SWGB. There air is also one of there benefits. Heavy weapons is what adds that extra fire power. There is a nice art/troop stratergy there is very effective if done right can be impossible to stop. There carbon collecting is the best in late game because of there tech 3 carbon bonus. Lets not forget there beserkers :)

Pre-CC and in DM forever, the Wookiees have been the leaders of the game. Right now, I'd say that they are in the middle somewhere. Anyone who says that Wookiee units are weak has never been at the recieving end of the art/peater combo. Nothing stops it, especilly w/air or aa. And, in case you guys are wondering, people dont give two ****s whether a unit is canon. They only care if its worth building.

I've got an extremely radical idea: lets take the Wookiees out and replace them with NOBODY! *gasps are heard* *Windu faints from the shock* Jesus, I'm tired of people peddling pissant civs that just eat up variety and uniqueness and CPU, and add little to the game. In my ideal world, only the big four should be players, but I have to relent to the enormous pressure to have a Naboo/Gungan cov ncluded. But thats freakin it! You people want a 3d game with good graphics, but at the same time want hordes of unique civs, with tons of units and special features. You want distinct civs, but are suggesting so many that true uniqueness is near impossible. You cant have things both ways.

Actually Nitro, much of the Wookiees' look is based on the Star Wars Christmas Special which was shown on TV between the release of A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back. George Lucas made this reluctantly, but it was still made. Also, much of the Wookiee architecture has been seen in EU, so there's not much point recreating a whole new look for them.

Thats why I said that I've played and I have played a few. In C&C if your referring to generals your mistaken there civs are the worst balanced I have ever seen. Every patch one of them gets the advantage its really sad.

I played SWGB for 3 years online I did not want to leave to another RTS because I know all the egos and smart ass teenagers that are attracted to them. So i dropped RTS for now and moved to SWG where at least most teens have been cut off from since it requires a monthly fee.

Froz, are you saying you aren't a teenager? Because judging by your grammar and sentence structure I had pictured you as such. If you're from a non-English speaking country then I apologise.

The balancing in WarCraft 3 wasn't any better than that in C&C Generals. Both are still fun to play and the imbalance isn't strong enough to make a certain civ unbeatable.

4 unique civs is becoming the new standard. First we had WarCraft 3 with the Humans, Orcs, Undead and Night Elves. Then along comes Age of Mythology: the Titans Expansion with the Greeks, Eqyptians, Norse and Atlanteans. Soon EA Games will release the eagerly anticipated Battle for Middle Earth, with Rohan, Gondor, Isengard and Mordor. The next Star Wars RTS could stick to four civs with just the four major political powers, Empire, Rebellion, Republic and Separatist, but if everyone else is doing four it won't stand out. Five civs seems like a workable number, and allows the inclusion of the Naboo peoples, who I think deserve at combined civ at the very least.

Vostok I could do perfect spelling and that if I wanted to, but I just could not be bothered and you probably just run yours through microsoft word anyway and do a basic spell check.

And I thought Windu was the most annoying person on the forums but Windu is looking better after every post you make.

Thanks Froz, always a pleasure.

Saberhagen: That's true, but I think after SWGB, it would be hard to cut it down to half the civs, even if those civs are entirely unique with 3D graphics and everything, and especially when everyone else is making four-civ games.

I personally think a Naboo-Gungan civ would be better than a Wookiee civ, because while the rumours do say the Wookiees play a large part in Episode III, I don't think they'll play as big a part as the Naboo/Gungans did in Episode I (and II for that matter).

No when I start throwing out personal insults I get shot down, but Vostok can say whatever he likes and nothing is said....

He has no special stance on these boards I don't care if he has thousands of posts. If he is so worried about my grammar leave the boards. He is tough behind a computer screen in his little trailer but in real life I bet he is a pu**y.

Archived