Home

Yoda and Obi's death

Xizor's killer

• 3 weeks later...

im sure it has something to do with the ability to continue on existing in an almost ethereal state like yoda/ben/anakin did.

why else wouldnt we see that ghostly image of qui-gon post tpm? or at his funeral lol (talk about funny happenings "he was a good man and... oh wait hes by the drink table lets go say hi")

the only time we see qui-gon again is when he yells at anakin to stop in AOTC and we dont see him there, just hear him.

also it could just have to do with the fact that qui-gon served the living force which is supposed to be different somehow then the normal force study that goes on (somebody more knowledgeable on the subject can fill you in if he/she so chooses)

for all we know obi-wan was the first jedi to be able to appear as a ghostly image, which would explain yoda's reaction to hearing qui-gons voice nicely. and it would also explain why vader stomped obi's robes looking for him in ep4.

Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad

Perhaps they can only appear to the ones they have a strong connection with. Like Obi, Yoda and Anakin all appeared for Luke only(obviously, Leia didn't seem to have noticed them) and how only Anakin heard Qui-Gon's voice.

i thought it was only yoda whom heard qui-gon's voice. and going along w/the strong connection thing. maybe only force users would be able to see the spirits? maybe that's why in ANH luke could only hear obi wan in the trench run b/c he wasn't strong enough to see him. this will definately be interesting to see how GL plays this out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks Jan. Let's see waht this baby can do...

Now, I know that super shadow is a complete load of **** but apparantly it is partly true. I've heard on one of the super shadow sucks threads here, that they take a look at hyperspace webcam and piece together the rest.

So anyway, this is what I read when I thought it was true.

A funeral is held in Padme’s honor. Some of her handmaidens and Sio Bibble attend the ceremony. From the afterlife, Qui-Gon Jinn communicates with Obi-Wan. Obi-Wan (with Bail Organa and Yoda’s input) decides to hide the Skywalker twins on Tatooine with Owen and Beru Lars. It is Bail Organa in his Tantive 4: Blockade Runner that carry Obi-Wan and the Skywalker twins toward Tatooine.

Any good?

[nitpick]The Ewoks were people in suites, not muppets[/nitpick]

Never understood the dislike of muppets in Star Wars, after all, we liked Yoda well enough didn't we? And he was only CGI in AOTC (and that one scene where he's shown walking in TPM).

Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad

Perhaps they can only appear to the ones they have a strong connection with. Like Obi, Yoda and Anakin all appeared for Luke only(obviously, Leia didn't seem to have noticed them) and how only Anakin heard Qui-Gon's voice.

Leia saw Vader as a ghost ( I belive it was in some book, maybe a peace on the Bakura).

Archived