Home

Monkey island 5

simon_xazza

Hey!

Anyone english will wonna check out page 24 "the spy" page on the pcgamer march 2004 issue! Ill quote it "The spys LucasArts informers let the monkey out of the bag: there is, apparently, a fifth Monkey Island game in production. The adventure genre continues to cheat death"

This is the only place ive heard anything about it tho. Ill scan the page when my dad gets home and explains how to use the scanner :D

Originally posted by simon_xazza

Hey!

Anyone english will wonna check out page 24 "the spy" page on the pcgamer march 2004 issue! Ill quote it "The spys LucasArts informers let the monkey out of the bag: there is, apparently, a fifth Monkey Island game in production. The adventure genre continues to cheat death"

This is the only place ive heard anything about it tho. Ill scan the page when my dad gets home and explains how to use the scanner :D

Great, can't wait for the scan :D

PCGamer is the best magazine... and they like LucasArts.

Originally posted by simon_xazza

The scan is now on the scummbar! and pczone treats a pc to much like a consle only really includes the gaming part, Pc gamer gives you abit of everything

Not true - they have a massive tech section, watchdog, dear wandy, buyers guide (updated monthly), reviews of gadgets and PC add-ons, hardwear news, online zone, plus regular features on things like software piracy, drinking whilst playing games, women gamers, the future of games and the games industry in general. Furthermore they also do news on free online games (featuring The SCUMM Bar's very own swordfighting game no less) and they have monthyl articles on "Games That Changed The World" (featuring The Secret Of Monkey Island!) and Retrozone which looks back at a different month each issue usually focusing on the late 80's or early 90's. PLUS, they have The Man Who Knows, who is like The PC Gamer Spy only MUCH BETTER because he's cooler and focuses on all the dodgy gaming news and is FUNNY, also Emulation Zone, written by Stuart Campbell no less which is GREAT. And they have developer diaries inclusing this AMAZING one about Black & White which is updated by the team. And they have sooooooooo much more.

So basically, they don't just do soild games. :)

Nonono, they should have picked a name like... PERSONAL COMPUTER INDUSTRIALSM! That would have given them honor and glory, gold and green trees, diamonds and high mountains, everything... hm, maybe not :\

But to MI, I have to ask why people call the new game Return to Monkey Island...? Where does that information come from? I don't see it anywhere?

Yeah, no-one knows what it'll be called for real. I had "Return to Monkey Island" as the subject of my news post because we'll be returning... to Monkey Island!

Who knows what LucasArts will call it though? RMI seems like a popular choice amongst the fans though!

On edit: I have to keep reminding myself that this rumour is no way absolute confimation that Monkey Island 5 is in development. :~

Just noticed this:

Originally posted by Skinkie

Yeah, this I need to see to believe. Also, it might not be trustworhty, as Monkey 5 was once listed in another magazine as in production, and that was like last year.

Heh, yeah, that was PC Zone. But they didn't say it was in development, they just predicting the future based on what LucasArts had told them (they didn't set a release date, they just said "TBA" - as in, we don't know when it's coming out, but it will come out... one day. And in this case, they were right! (Probably).

Archived