Home

WIP: Dreadnought

jangofett804

I'm working on a Dreadnought space combat map. It was originally intended for TFFA, but I'm starting to lead more towards siege. This is my first real map so far, and I'm pretty new to GTK Radiant, so some of the stuff in it may look a little strange. I know the textures definitely need some work. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

(scroll down for screenshots)

The map looks good. However, may I point out something:

The Dreadnought doesn't have so many windows by the bridge. For a reference shot, here's a Dreadnought as seen from X-Wing Alliance. This is actually a fan-made one, but all they've done is add more detail.

http://www.xwaupgrade.com/screenshots/dreadnaught/dread2.jpg

Other than that, the ship looks great! Keep it up!

A great idea man, but one question: I see an X-wing launching from the dreadnaught's hangar bay. So am I to assume that this is a Rebel occupied dreadnaught that is repelling Imperial attack? Or did the X-wing land in the bay to allow a commando to plant explosives/steal data/commandeer the command bridge? Other than this minor anomally, this map is looking excrutiatingly promising! Make sure to add uber-powerful turbolasers that can destroy fighters in one shot! Thanks man!

A great idea man, but one question: I see an X-wing launching from the dreadnaught's hangar bay. So am I to assume that this is a Rebel occupied dreadnaught that is repelling Imperial attack? Or did the X-wing land in the bay to allow a commando to plant explosives/steal data/commandeer the command bridge? Other than this minor anomally, this map is looking excrutiatingly promising! Make sure to add uber-powerful turbolasers that can destroy fighters in one shot! Thanks man!

oh, i was just trying out the hangars to see how easy it was to exit and enter them. The dreadnought will be an imperial ship, and yeah, i really want to get plenty of powefrul turrets in there. I dont know about one-shot kills, but i shall see.

Archived