Home

WIP: Star Destroyer

{xg}darthVADER

i'm curently working on a star destroyer it was originaly intended FFA and TFFA and CTF but i decided it would be a lot better if it was a siege

there is still some issue's to be worked out with the lighting and stuff

i would like some suggestions for a siege scenario

i wil post screenshots later today

darthALEX out

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, the very uniform light (or no light?) and the all-light-gray textures make it even harder to spot any details. I guess some level of ambient light would be in order is space (I'm not talking about realism, though) but some shadows and such would make it far easier to actually see any 3D features.

Yet, it sure looks like a Star Destroyer! Good work!

(And you have a funny image host... Links to XXX sites and cable descrambler sites, just to mention the most harmless ones... :) ).

Originally posted by GothiX

*gets on knees*

Dear, dear Alex.. Light the damn thing. :p

*grabs a torch*

as you wish

i'll do the lighting once i finish the architexture cause it takes a like a day and nigh to compile with lights

and without it takes a minute and a half

i'll show some radiant screens later they show how detailed the damn thing is and how big it is on the grid

yes there are several automated turrets (several dozens)

i cant do the lighting stage of this map it wil have to be as you saw it in those screens i'll try tog et it to work properly by no promises

olso what should i make the rebel base i've tried a mon cal cruiser and that jsut crashed radiant so any sugestions and prefrebly screenshots or ref pics of it

You could make it the Yavin 4 Base, kind of like in ANH, but they are attacking a Star Destroyer instead of the Death Star. Just use fog and clouds to simulate the transisition from the planet to space, and then make it so that once someone is in space, they cant just simply return to the planet. (kind of like a controlled flight plan)

After playing around in the released Destroyer and Destroyer 2 maps, I think that improvements could easily be made, if the attacking team actually had to board the ship to complete certain objectives and the Falcon was inside the Hanger of the star destroyer.

Alternatively, If you had the Rebel cruiser alongside, it could be a race between the two teams to capture the other ship. Either way, I think an on foot section aboard the ships would be really cool.

ive been working some more on the siege objectives on this star destroyer and this is what ive come up with so far

The imperial star destroyer Undertaker is curently transporting

a prototype of a new shield generator to correlia for testing

the rebel aliance has heard of this and is planning to intercept the star destroyer and steal the plans

rebel objectives:

obective 1 destroy the shield generator domes to gain acces to the docking bay

objective 2 board the star destroyer and make your way to the cargo bay where the prototype shield generator is located

objective 3 plant explosives on the shield generator

objective 4 make your way to the bridge and download the plans of the prototype

objective 5 make your way back to the hanger and steal a lambda shuttle and return to the fleet

***missions acomplished***

imperial objectives:

objective 1 defend the prototype and plans till you clear the asteroid field and can make the jump to hyperspace

Archived