Home

Is there a reason? (JA performance is choppy)

Xizor's killer

Originally posted by Xizor's killer

Is there a reason why my game is so choppy? This is SP as well, the game disc seems to be very clean does anyone know why then?

Cleanliness of disc has nothing to do with it - once installed you're reading from the hard disk. Plus each level (as much as will fit) gets loaded up into system and video memory. So if you are getting choppy performance, see if it is AI related (lots of enemies) or graphics related, or maybe your system is doing a lot of disc swapping.

Mike

Run the system analyzer program. Having the latest stable drivers for your Video/Sound Cards and DirectX version is of paramount importance.

Also be sure you have the 1.01 patch from a trusted site (such as LucasFiles.com or LucasArts.com).

Other than that yes, turning off Force Feedback, Dynamic Glow and Video Sync can help. Also set filtering to Bilinear and use simple shadows, turn off detailed shaders and turn anisotrophic filtering all the way to the left.

Put the depth to 16 bit and the resolution to 1024x768 (or 800x600 if you're really having problems).

Don't run the game with other programs going in the background.

That should help.

Originally posted by Tyler_Durden

I have an AMD athlon XP 2700, 512 megs or Ram and a geforce 4 ti 4200 and i still get a choppy rate.

Even on a really high end card, you'll still get framedrops.

Im running a Althon XP2000+ 1.6 GHz, 512 RAM and a GeForce FX 5700 ultra, i can still go to about 10 or less frames :rolleyes:

You know deus ex had the same problems with its frame rate until someone built a program which tweaked what i believed to be the .ini files or the .cfg files i really can't remember, but could the chopiness be attributed to those types of files? I know it's a totally different engine but maybe there's a line in a file somewhere where you could increase or decrease the use of a component which will allow you to optimise the game performance.

try com_maxfps 500, you should be getting higher frames with it.

i got a Geforce FX 5900 se with 256 mb ram and I dont drop lower than 25 fps (even with dynamic glow) so....i dont have and problems with choppyness

btw: the highest framerate ive ever gone to was about 300 fps so i really dont have probs with fps

Heh, dont get too cocky, i ever got 500+ fps before. :cool:

Archived