Home

Do you Want to mod SW-KotOR? Then Start here.Mod Tutorials!

T7nowhere

Originally posted by T7nowhere

you can change everthing with KT's uti editor except LocalizedName & DescIdentified. When your done making your item with the uti editor save the file then reopen it with the gff editor to change those.

I think Fred mention in a post that he may update the uti editor so we can change the descriptions. I'm not certain though, it would be a nice feature but it's not critical.

Okay ive been up 24/7 but now i got some "coffie" so i am happy..

lets get backto what i was saying :)...

Well when i try to edit for example disguise in a gauntlet .. i do exactly same way as GFF editor ... doesent work :( .. but it worked when i saved the file in XML-Document and then load into the property list but then when i try to save it .... some damn error come up... Aswell it does when i try to start module builder demo, could anybody find an explaination of this?

BTW : Sorry for my Bad spelling ive been up 24/7

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by T7nowhere

you can change everthing with KT's uti editor except LocalizedName & DescIdentified. When your done making your item with the uti editor save the file then reopen it with the gff editor to change those.

I think Fred mention in a post that he may update the uti editor so we can change the descriptions. I'm not certain though, it would be a nice feature but it's not critical.

Wish granted! :)

Great job T7....

with all this i still feel lost, it seams as i am walking in a forest that covers the entier planet....( to get the moding i must get out of the forest, P.S there are no vecels of ne sort,i cant fly all i can do is walk, i also cant cut dow the forest.....)

Al these moders everywhere make me feel even more noobie than i alredy am.....:(:mad: :mad: :D

and again AWSOME WORK (hope it helped someone aleast) :D

• 2 weeks later...

When Creating a New Character, How do you give them items? I am using Doom_Dealer's "Guide to Mods", But I cannot figure out how to "Open The Inventory Tab". Which Program? KT?

If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated.

_EW_

Edit: Maverick - Didn't Help....

Edit: Sorry T7, Can't Find it... Could Someone take A Picture?

Edit: Thanx T7, My pixel settings were config'd rong, and i couldn't see it.

I think that you need to use the GFF Editor, not KotOR tool I think the only thin gthe KotOR native GFF editor can edit is .uti files I'm not sure though because that is the only one I've tried.

Originally posted by EnderWiggin

When Creating a New Character, How do you give them items? I am using Doom_Dealer's "Guide to Mods", But I cannot figure out how to "Open The Inventory Tab". Which Program? KT?

If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated.

Yes you can use KT to open the UTC's in the utc editor. just double click the utc and when the editor is open look to the lower left hand coner and click the Inventory button to Open the inventory editor. from there it's very intuitive.

Could Someone Help Me out?

In NwnNssComp's _CompileAll (The Batch File To Compile The Override File Nss Scripts) It gives me this message, and it does not compile.

"C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SwKotOR>NWNSSCOMP -co Override\* Override\

'Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic' Script Compiler/Decompiler

based on 'NeverWinter Nights' Script Compiler/Decompiler

Copyright 2002-2003, Edward T. Smith

Modified by Hazard <hazard_x@gmx.net>

Error: Unable to open input file Override\*

C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SwKotOR>pause

Press any key to continue..."

Please Help!

_EW_

Originally posted by kata_mad

I am trying to use KOTOR Tool to edit npc default items, which utc controls bastilia's look after you rescue her. I have looked all down the modules and can only find one for when she is a slave.

p_bastila.utc (which can be found under BIFs>templates.bif>Blueprint, Characters)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I seem to be having a problem getting KOTOR tools to activate the "disguise" function for objects. Every time I try to enter in a disguise (I'm trying to get it to let me turn into a dark jedi when I put on my new shield armband, which has some extremely overpowered stats, but I like it) it just crashes on me, giving me the option to continue or quit, with a ton of extra information. I'm no coder, so I have no clue what all this gibberish means! Is that a limitation on the non-registered version?

Originally posted by DragonXero666

I seem to be having a problem getting KOTOR tools to activate the "disguise" function for objects. Every time I try to enter in a disguise (I'm trying to get it to let me turn into a dark jedi when I put on my new shield armband, which has some extremely overpowered stats, but I like it) it just crashes on me, giving me the option to continue or quit, with a ton of extra information. I'm no coder, so I have no clue what all this gibberish means! Is that a limitation on the non-registered version?

What did you do exactly to make your mod? An armband to turn you into a dark Jedi and give you uber stats?

Maybe you could describe what you did (I suggest you start a new thread so people can anser your problem - you could call it - disguise mod problem or something like this)

You could also use my new Party Manager and mod testing armband ( http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=135519 ) and paste the following code in my_script.nss and compile it:

void main() 
{
object oPC = GetPCSpeaker();
effect eDisg = EffectDisguise(DISGUISE_TYPE_N_DARKJEDIM);// or  DISGUISE_TYPE_N_DARKJEDIF for female
ApplyEffectToObject(DURATION_TYPE_PERMANENT,eDisg,oPC); 
}

int DISGUISE_TYPE_N_DARKJEDIM

Originally posted by DragonXero666

It is a limitation in the uti editor. you will have to enter in the disguise properties in a gff editor, KT doesn't like those disguises. Im sorry. their should be something around Holowan to show you how to add uti properties. try a search for disguises.

Here is one I did a long time ago with Kitty Kitty's help.

Originally posted by bneezy21

Whoa, a lot happens in a couple of hours. Hmmmm....first things first. The file is a .uti (item template) file, not a .2da so you don't have to worry about conflicting files. I made a new property in the Properties List and had it change you to Darth Revan's model. It uses your existing appearances.2da so you don't need any other files. A BIG thanks to Sunslayer for hosting it on Mandal Motors. You can get it from the link above. All I did was use the GFF editor (you can get it from the post above "List of downoads - Tools and mods") and open the file. Click the (+) on the PropertiesList, then click on the first property "0". You don't have to expand it, just click on it to highlight it. Copy, by either Ctrl + C or from the menu, and then click on "PropertiesList" and paste with either Ctrl + V or from the menu "Paste as Child Node". If you did it right it should add a new property value at the bottom of the list, something like "001". Click on the "001" (don't expand yet, just select it so it is highlighted) and change the "001" over on the right under FieldID to "6". Now EXPAND the (+) on "6" and click on "PropertyName" and change whatever number is in the white box to the right (for this example it is "43") to "59" (which is "disguise" in itempropdef.2da). The value will change when you click back in the other window. Now click on Subtype and do the same thing. Change the number ("3" in this example) to "22" (which is the listing for "Unique_Darth_Revan" in appearances.2da). Click back into the list so it changes and then save. That's it! That is all I did. Put that file in your Override folder and your off. You don't need to start a new game. Just hit the "`" key in the game and type "giveitem g_a_mstrrobe06" then hit enter. Of course you need cheats enabled to do this. If you need to know how to do that, see the post above "PC Version Cheat Codes". This is how the Mandalorian Assault Armor changes the player into the full Mandalorian suit with helmet. I learned all this by combing the boards, especially from Kitty Kitty's posts. Hope this helps. Sorry for the long post, needed to make sure you wouldn't have any questions.

Hope this helps.

Hey, I have a doubt here. I'm a noob in modding, so I'll ask before I go messing up the files, lol.

I wanted to make Juhani and Mission humans, and while I was using tk102's Save Editor I noticed I could change their bodies and portraits in there.

So I did it... Gave them new bodies(female soundrel one) and portraits according to those bodies.

http://www.angelfire.lycos.com/doc/images/rloadblock.jpg

I was wondering, it's possible to do that directly in the Appearance.2da and Portraits.2da right?

So that I don't need to go to the Save Editor and change them to humans every New Game I start.

-Juhani-

Appearance: P_FEM_C_SML_03

Portrait: po_pfhc3

-Mission-

Appearance: nq_p_fem_ba_sml_01

Portrait: nq_po_pfba6

Mission's body and portrait come from Immortality's Custom Package.

So, what I want is...

Do those changes directly on appearance.2da and portraits.2da.

How would I do that?

Originally posted by Axell

How would I do that?

Edit the .utc file instead of the .2da file. You can change the portrait and the appearance row numbers. You can check the tutorial entitled " how to recruit a npc in less than ten steps" concerning this - there is a section about editing the .utc file.

PS. This time I did it for you but next time instead of posting multiple times, you have an edit button under all your messages. Please use it (there is also a delete button) .

It looks like I need more stuff until I start modding, but that's ok, I'll get them soon, and then, well, I'll start modding. I just ened to decide what to mod, and where I can put them. That might be the part I really need help with. Oh, I don't have a site, but I might be able to build one without too many problems, and I will also need some advice on that, too.

• 3 months later...

Archived