Home

Killtracker...

Randon_Star

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The last reason I heard for using a Killtracker was for the "minimizer" aspect.

Though one wonders why the person couldn't just USE a minimizer instead of a killtracker that has to spam everytime the person enters a game "Mua'Dae's Killtracker 1.412323 http://www.killtracker.com/" or whatever it is that it says, followed by them having to type !KTOFF (or !KTSilent) in the chat.

It's only two extra chat lines every mapchange, but still...

Originally posted by sup3rsnail

errr, for music just use WinAmp?

Even better, rename your songs to something easy to remember, put them in a pk3 file in you base folder, and then type /music <song> in your console. Presto! Instant music player, without the troubles and annoyances of a spam gener... I mean kill tracker!

Maybe im just a little retarded, but to me it seems that there is absolutely no reason for a killtracker other than to look cool by showing how many people you have killed, keeping that in mind i want you to realize that these numbers can be changed in less tahn a minute, i used to have a kill tracker, after 2 weeks i had 15 billion kills.

Secondly, no body wants to kno that you have succesfully lamed and in some rare cases defeated noobs and that your ratio is 16:1

Finally

ITS JUST A GAME NO ONE WILL GIVE A DAMN HOW MANY PEOPLE YOU LAMED IN THIS GAME.

So i say that all admins should create an around the world lame fest on any1 with an active killtracker until those people never play any online game again because they will be too afraid, then we will have rid the world of one LARGE cause of lag which every1 hates, right?

Around 70% of the people who use killtrackers are those whining noobs, from my experience. The sentances they set when killing someone irritates me alot. 'blablabla you're the 342442 person i've sent to hell you noob' Sounds childish, doesn't it? So what if you get like 2137123710738 kills, really? I can also get that amount of kills, with just a simple editting of the killtracker.

Say, this has got me thinking...does Jedi Academy or any of it's mods have some sort of option to set up 'talk' macros? I remember playing DOOM and I think it was the mod loader I had that had like several slots (can't remember if it was 4 or something like 20) where you could type a line of text, then you just typed something like alt+1 and that line would be sent through the talk option.

It would be nice to have something like that for wishing the other guy luck, or alternately taunting them, or just for commands and stuff in siege games. It's tough to sit there and type something out when you're in the middle of a live battleground.

If there is nothing like that available, maybe OJP or some of the other MOD groups can work on something like that...

Originally posted by Radd

Say, this has got me thinking...does Jedi Academy or any of it's mods have some sort of option to set up 'talk' macros? I remember playing DOOM and I think it was the mod loader I had that had like several slots (can't remember if it was 4 or something like 20) where you could type a line of text, then you just typed something like alt+1 and that line would be sent through the talk option.

It would be nice to have something like that for wishing the other guy luck, or alternately taunting them, or just for commands and stuff in siege games. It's tough to sit there and type something out when you're in the middle of a live battleground.

If there is nothing like that available, maybe OJP or some of the other MOD groups can work on something like that...

/bind <key> say <"message">

/bind <key> say_team <"message">

examples:

/bind KP_HOME say "^3Good ^1Fight! :-)"

/bind KP_PGUP say_team "I have the flag, need team heal-energize"

Originally posted by A Jedi

Amidala thanks for the music idea. But you know if doing it that way replaces the background map music? Cause if it does replaces it, it wont generate any delay/lag to me.

Yes, it replaces the normal map music.

I have found the most reliable way to make it work is:

1. Put your .mp3 files in a folder called music.

2. Create a ZIP file with the music folder (not the individual .mp3 files, the whole folder) and call it songs.zip or whatever, and rename it songs.pk3.

3. Put songs.pk3 in your base folder.

4. Then use "/music music/<songname>" in the console, or make a bind "/bind <key> music music/<songname>" for each song. The number pad is good to use for those binds.

Originally posted by Ziechel

And the duel message can only be read by the other one i duel and by me?

or can it be read by all people on the server?

anyway, thx

Originally posted by TK-8252

The duel messages can be read by everyone, it's most likely impossible to program it so private say the message to the other person.

I have a theory, and maybe one of you could get a friend to test it with you (it takes two humans):

1. Make a chat bind "/bind <key> tell %s "Good Fight!"

2. Let your friend kill you, then press your chat bind key. It should send a private message ("Good Fight!") to the person who killed you (your friend). If you have a third friend, they should be able to tell you if it was truly private or if everyone could see it.

3. If that works, I guess you could also make a bind

/bind <key> say "Good Fight!"; tell %s "I lied, that was pure luck"

That way you can taunt the person who beat you while appearing to be a "good sport" to everyone else.

Archived