Home

BUSH trying to kill your OVERTIME Protection!

Cosmos Jack

I was watching C-Span and Ed Kennedy was talking about this. I honestly new nothing about this tell I turned on the TV.

I can say only that I was shocked. Not only does he "BUSH" want to take away overtime he wants to take it away from Firefighters, polices, and healthcare workers. Not just that, but if have served in the military your military training makes you ineligible for overtime benefits. I really don't understand that last one?:confused:

So this is double wammy for me. Not only do I work in the health care field I also served in the military. I have been looking for any good reason for this, but I can't seem to fined any. All I can think of is it puts more money in the hands of corporations. Now they can make you work as long as they want without having to pay you time 1/2.

I have never been on the Democrat side, but I could be voting that way this year. I really don't know of what to say other than what I have. That is how it is. Does anyone know anything about this that I don't? By the look of some of the dates on these sites this has been going on for a long time now.

http://www.aflcio.org/issuespolitics/ns03282003a.cfm

http://www.aflcio.org/yourjobeconomy/overtimepay/ns11202003.cfm

http://www.saveovertimepay.org/

http://rockefeller.senate.gov/news/speeches/overtimecolumn081203.html

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/3073408/

I thought Bush wanted to get reelected?:rolleyes:

I agree that Moveon.org was baseless in their accusation and anti-Bush types are using this as a scare tactic. That "8 million could lose pay" doesn't seem to be supported by any fact.

But, interestingly enough, just before it points out the factual discrepancy, Factcheck.org says this: "Which is closer to the truth, EPI's 8-million figure or the Labor Department's 644,000? In fact there are no solid figures on how many workers qualify for overtime now, so all estimates involve more than the usual amount of educated guesswork."

It seems that the fact remains that there is going to be a net loss in overtime protection.

Originally posted by SkinWalker

It seems that the fact remains that there is going to be a net loss in overtime protection.

A net loss # that nobody really knows? How about the part where military training exempts you from overtime protection?

I thought alot more people would respond to this? It is anti Bush and I thought that is what everyone here feeds on?

Originally posted by Cosmos Jack

I thought alot more people would respond to this? It is anti Bush and I thought that is what everyone here feeds on?

True enough. But we 'feed' on Bush's failures and idiocies, not the rumors started by the Democratic party to help their canidate win the Presidential race.

Originally posted by Kain

True enough. But we 'feed' on Bush's failures and idiocies, not the rumors started by the Democratic party to help their canidate win the Presidential race.

indeed. While it is true there will be a loss in overtime pay, I don't know who all would qualify for over time pay. But I'm sure it would be quite a bit.

Originally posted by Cosmos Jack

Who are you and what have you done with CosmosJack? Impersonating a member of LucasForums is against the rules!

j/k :D

The anti-Bush thread seems so unlike the Iraqi-War Cosmos Jack that was here a year ago ;)

I did post a snippet of info on this in the "Bush-Bashing" thread (Pros & Cons), but I think there's been a serious slow down around here in posting... I know my energy's a bit sapped lately (School, work, 2 year-old begging for my attention, etc.)

Still, I think that the overtime issue is designed to provide protection for some while reducing protection for others. I'm not convinced it's the worse thing Bush has done to date, but it certainly merits a closer look.

Nah...if you're looking for lots of responses, you're going about it the wrong way. Post something pro-Bush, and all of the libs around here will come out of the woodwork to bash him.

Believe me, I should know.

Originally posted by rccar328

Nah...if you're looking for lots of responses, you're going about it the wrong way. Post something pro-Bush, and all of the libs around here will come out of the woodwork to bash him.

Hey, we only state the facts...and their are alot of facts (or shall I say lies) about the Bush adminstration. ;)

and their are alot of facts (or shall I say lies) about the Bush adminstration.

Yeah, you're absolutely right - there are a lot of lies out there about the Bush administration...and you libs aren't afraid to sling them around. :p

I know, I know...I just couldn't help myself. It was just too tempting. ;)

Originally posted by rccar328

Believe me, I should know.

Taking overtime protection is the best thing Bush has ever done! Yeah who's with us.........:rolleyes:

Archived