Home

statistics system

Mountainforest

It would be nice if the game has a statistics system of some kind. Such a system would count kills, sniper-headshots, nice flying etc. and award points and medals for it.

For example, a rebel spy stays undercover in the imperial base for ten minuts, and manages to sabotage lots of stuff in there. If such a system would exsist in the game, the spy would get a higher rank in spying. If you play another game, it makes the game a lot more challanging, because teammembers know who does the spying, and opponents know which person to concentrate forces on.

Of course the same system should follow pilots, assault troopers, etc. so everyone can see what your strongest point is.

You could let the system count teamplayer kills also. A player who has to much teamplayer kills will have his profile deleted, so he has to start a new one (with no rank for anything).

And players who are veeeery good in something, could get a special suit (like a nice colored one if you are a clone trooper). Thats not only nice for the players ego, but also for opponents (they could see from miles afway (the levels are big) who the main target is).

Of course there should be a library of some kind where you can get stats on every player. This way, you can find THE kind of player you need as asset to you clan.

Has somebody some more ideas to put to the list? Or does somebody disagree with mee?

You ought to check out Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory, because it has a pretty good stats system, from Highest Fragger to Best Medic. That game uses an experience point system to indicate who is best overall. As you increase in certain skills (like heavy weapons use, covert ops, signals etc., ) you also gain ranks in your chosen army, like Private, Corporal, Lieutenant, Sergeant, Captain etc. Simply having the highest frag count does not necessarily mean you have the most experience points - you have to diversify a bit. Oh...you also collect medals along the way...

I believe some servers keep track of such stats as well, although I don't think there is a central server for it - like that for Unreal Tournament. Correct me if I'm wrong.

So yeah, a decent stats tracking system would be appreciated in Battlefront, and they could do no worse than look to Wolf: ET as a start point.

I would definately like to see some statistic keeping system. everyone should get a profile with all their statistics for each class and a rank over all.

You could let the system count teamplayer kills also. A player who has to much teamplayer kills will have his profile deleted, so he has to start a new one (with no rank for anything).

But I disagree with that. I think there should be a statistic kept for TKs but I don't think it should cost a player everything. With an overall rank, TKs should be considered and it could possibly lower the rank, though.

And players who are veeeery good in something, could get a special suit (like a nice colored one if you are a clone trooper). Thats not only nice for the players ego, but also for opponents (they could see from miles afway (the levels are big) who the main target is).

I don't like this idea either, and I doubt it will be implimented. But I'm just an imperial, I prefer uniformity, so that's just my opinion :cool:

Originally posted by jasperw

Why not? Wouldn't it be nice if you can see who the top players are.

I don't think they deserve to get a special in-game outfit. Maybe if there was some way out of game it would be cool. Say if nicknames were color coded for player skills. The higher your overall rank in your profile is, you get different colors.

• 1 month later...

Yeah, that's the way EA Sports does it.

I'd like to have a scoring system, but under one condition: it can be NOTHING like SOCOM's stats.

The SOCOM ranking system is a mystery to everyone. Plus, it adds terrible, terrible lag.

They had the rankings down for maintenance once, and there was no lag whatsoever. They put it back up, and we were back to popping around.

It'd be cool to have some sort of ranking system, something that recognizes a players preferences and strong points. Nothing special is added, just a title or something. Just basing it on kills or doing this would be bad. It should be if you do well, as in live a long time, win many fights, and help other people as a certain class you will get a rank. If you do it was apilot alot you will get some recognition as a skilled pilot. TKers will get some sort of derogatory tag. Maybe something as simple as the honor system in America's Army would do, but I'd prefer something a little more advanced. Anything that sacrificed gameplay I would disapprove of, though.

If they don't have any "ranking" system like this, I still hope they have little things like in Unreal tournament. Little mini-awards for doing things. For example in UT 2004 if you do well in a flying vehicle against other flying vehicles it says "Top gun!" and if you run someone over it says "Road rage" that kind of thing.

Originally posted by JawaJoey

If they don't have any "ranking" system like this, I still hope they have little things like in Unreal tournament. Little mini-awards for doing things. For example in UT 2004 if you do well in a flying vehicle against other flying vehicles it says "Top gun!" and if you run someone over it says "Road rage" that kind of thing.

I like "vehicular manslaughter!" but I don't think this would be very starwarish

Archived