Home

jedi

Eagle Warrior

how long will it take to kill a jedi? i think it should take a while to kill a jedi. the team that earned it did a lot of "hard" work or should i call it playing. it should take a ship to kill the jedi and if the AI for the jedi is smart the jedi wont attack a ship or even try to hide from it.:slsaber:

A Jedi should be tough - but I would hope not too tough. I don't think ships alone should be able to take them down, either. If they come under enough fire power from ground forces, they should feel the pain. I'd hate to be faced with a practically invincible Jedi because there is no friendly ship in sight.

They really need to get the balance right for this sort of thing, because it will make or break the game.

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by tFighterPilot

I don't see why this game needs damn Jedi anyway...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Me neither. This could break the game. It might give the team who acquired the Jedi an unfair advantage. Especially when the other team sucks and you're stuck on it... ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- They'll probably have some sort of balance system for the jedi, like they can only kill a set number of people or they'll have a time limit. Personally i think the jedi will be a great factor of the game. :jawa :jawa

Originally posted by GlobalStrike

quote:

Originally posted by tFighterPilot

I don't see why this game needs damn Jedi anyway...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Me neither. This could break the game. It might give the team who acquired the Jedi an unfair advantage. Especially when the other team sucks and you're stuck on it... ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- They'll probably have some sort of balance system for the jedi, like they can only kill a set number of people or they'll have a time limit. Personally i think the jedi will be a great factor of the game. :jawa :jawa

You suck at the internet

quote posted by Eagle Warrior ____________________________________________________ i think there will be a balance. maby the jedi will have to power back up his force and to do that he has to sit there and could be shot so his allys will have to protect him.

can a jedi respawn??? ____________________________________________________ I highly doubt that jedi will respawn, they'll most likley dissapear after a few kills, say 4 tops, or have a time limit. They probably could be killed but it would be hard, unless you flanked them right. Second, i'm pretty sure calling jedi into battle would have to be earned and will only be a one time advantage. But that's just my opinon. :jawa :jawa

Originally posted by Ultar Terragorn

I think that Jedi will do alot of dammage on battlefields but for a very limited time. This bonus point could be useful to regain power for your team and win a match instead of the bonus armor points for example wich could stay longer but are less «apparent».

I agree, I read somewhere that a jedi would have a masskill efect (something like: Luke killed... ,Luke killed... , Luke killed, etc).

Because of this Jedi's will probably stay for a short time.

if they are that powerful then they should only be unlocked if your team holds a base for a really long time or has a crapload of kills. the team should really have to earn them, i mean it should be damn hard. something to brag about not just a simple "hold a bunker for 15 minutes and get an uber powerful jedi". IMO

I think I read that only the defending team can call a jedi as an advantage for the planet they picked to defend. I could have gotten that confused with something else I read though. I will doublecheck.

Edit: Here is what I read... from ign.com ...

If you win the location or locations, you earn a Bonus for that planet. That bonus is a special ability or character, such as the ability to call up Darth Vader or to regenerate faster, that stays with your team for the rest of the campaign.

The special bonuses are unique and interesting whether it's a special appearance by a Star Wars powerhouse character or a strategic militaristic advantage. For instance, if you pick Luke Skywalker as your special bonus, he'll appear for a limited time in your battle with his lightsaber as a fully fledged Jedi. Your screen instantly starts reeling off deaths left and right, "Skywalker kills trooper, Skywalker kills captain, Skywalker..." and so forth. In essence he's your ace in the hole. Players can pick a variety of specials, from characters such as Luke, Duku and Darth Vader (who, when he appears, can be heard by his heavy breathing before he's seen), or qualities, such as regeneration, additional reinforcements, bonuses to vehicle, or full line of sight on enemies.

So I was incorrect, it's not who is defending the planet, it's who won the planet. It also sounds like the jedi will come for a time limit, maybe 30 seconds, and kills as many opponents as he can before that time is up.

"Skywalker kills trooper, Skywalker kills captain, Skywalker..."

You see, that's what I mean.

They are veeeery powerfull, so I agree there probably is a time limit (Luke has a tight schedule). But if the attacking team can also use such a bonus, it could get very interesting (you could clean a whol battlefield, accomplishing objectives then becomes very easy...).

Archived