Home

AT-AT look actual size!!!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Things are going to be tweaked for increased balance in the game. If the AT-ATs were as invincible as in the movie, Empire would win that battle every time. It looks like they may have coded in weak spots in the armor that you could hit and cause some damage with med/heavy laser cannons - maybe the 'neck' and 'knees' of the AT-AT are soft spots...

Plus, this game will have elements that ESB never had.

Examples:

Shoulder-mounted proton torpedo launchers

X-wings

Proton torps and X-wings could easily bring down an AT-AT.

Also, who knows -- maybe Luke is the special ability that the Rebels can use on Hoth. It's a possibility that he can pull an ESB move on them.

Tow cables aren't the only thing that can bring AT-ATs down (see the thread I posted).

yes i am very pleased on there size but one fact disterbed me why did a at-at blow up without a snowspeeder ever wraping a cable around it.

Why exactly does that disturb you? Because you don't think there's any other way to stop an AT-AT than to wrap a cable around it? Or because you want BF to give up accuracy and realism like Rogue Squadron III did just to "fit the movies"? In that case, you disagree with me. I want open-ended, realistic game play.

A star destroyer can be blown up with torpedoes, so I suppose there's a SMALL chance AT-ATs can, too...rolleyes:

and did they move fast for at-ats

No. AT-ATs move at a speed of 20Km/h. Human running speed.

You mean Extended Universe, well [censored] it! The EU can mother[censored] go to [censored] hell!

May I ask why? Apart from the fact that BF is extended universe...:p

EU does have a lot of accurate details in it. If you're saying it's not canon, well, prove it.

Proton torps and X-wings could easily bring down an AT-AT.

Bullseye. Thanks. And Echo Station was defended by a line of heavy anti-vehicle laser cannons, too.

Bullseye. Thanks. And Echo Station was defended by a line of heavy anti-vehicle laser cannons, too. [/b]

...that were apparently there for no other reason than to look cool since they couldn't damage anything. I mean really why bother with such a defense parimeter if you know the vehicles the Imperials use would be impervious to them.

I would hope that in Battlefront that are at least SOMEWHAT more effective against the walkers.

Yeah in the movie, the chain of laser defence turrets were really useless against them and often ended up being blown to pieces. Is it known whether we man them or are they automatic? Although I mostly fully expect them to be manned if they are included. (Which they should)

The main point of this game is to be fun. The only way to achieve this is to have balance, and the at-at's are inherently unbalanced if you go by the movies. This being the case, I would thnk that the at-at's should have some vunulerabilaties (other than the tow cable and thermal detonator into the hatch deal) so that the empire won't always slaughter the rebels. I know that some of you are purists and would like the game to faithfully re-create the movies, but I don't think it will be much fun if the rebels can't ever bring down the at-at's (except for the insanely difficult methods used in the movies). I would think that whenever it comes down to game balance and fun vs. reinacting the films, Battlefront will probably take some liberties with the "history" of the movies to balance it out.

It will be balanced, if the guys that fly the snow speeder (me for example) would do better job than the guys that did it in the movies.

About the X-Wings being used for transport. Yes, they were used, after the battle of hoth, and the S-Foils were closed all the time.

Archived