Home

AT-AT look actual size!!!

About the X-Wings being used for transport. Yes, they were used, after the battle of hoth, and the S-Foils were closed all the time.

Would you mind re-phrasing that? I really did not understand.

Again, remember that AT-ATs were used in other places than on Hoth. Otherwise, that'd imply that the AT-ATs were designed purely for the battle of Hoth, right (actually, Hoth was the first major assault they took part in, but they were designed and built (by Colonel Veers) before the base on Hoth was discovered)?

Oh, and if they are impervious to lasers and torpedoes, that means their armour is stronger than that of Star Destroyers -not very realistic?

Look, I don't think AT-ATs were made specifically for Hoth and fitted with a thicker armour plating than star destroyers. I just do not. Thus, defensive turrets should be able to blow them up.

Yes, you saw some shots hitting and not destroying the AT-AT, but then again, you see a lot of that in Star Wars. A Star Destroyer can defeat a Frigate, yet over Endor you see the Frigate in a firefight with a Star Destroyer without either ship's lasers blowing the hull plating of the other ship apart. Oh, and those speeders DID blow up that crashed AT-AT. What do you have to say to that?

Look, my point is that making AT-ATs impervious to anything else than tow cables, that'd make for very narrow game play. It seems to me that you're afraid of not getting to use your tow cable on AT-ATs, but don't worry, you're sure to get your chance. Can't imagine it'll be easy, though, with AT-ATs and AT-STs and snowtroopers firing at you at once plus the risk of getting hit by friendly fire (from the defensive turrets). I'd rather be a soldier in the trench:D.

As for them being ineffective (the turrets behind the trenches, that is): What about AT-STs and infantry? And as for there being no purpose of having them: Would you rather have no defenses than weak defenses?

Eagle

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh, and if they are impervious to lasers and torpedoes, that means their armour is stronger than that of Star Destroyers -not very realistic?

I'm more then lightly betting that torpedoes CAN take down an AT-AT, its just we've never seen it happen in the movies. The AT-ATs aren't impervious to lasers either, I'm just more then lightly betting it would take some time to do it, just like a Star Destroyer. If you've ever played the Star Wars Space-sims (which are by far better then any of Rouge Squadron games), then you'd know that its possible to take out a Star Destroyer with lasers, but it would take aaaaa llllooooonnnggg time do to the strong shields and hull. I think the same goes for the AT-ATs, if you want, you can take it with blasters, you just better have some patience.

No one really knows if the AT-AT Walkers were damaged at all or in a small way by the laser turrents in TESB. It just didn't do enough physical damage to show the audience member. For balance, Battlefront must has other ways to take down AT-AT Walkers besides Tow cables from Snowspeeders. Because those are the hardest things to do in games like Rogue Squadron. When I got to the battle of Hoth in the first rogue squadron I could never get around the walkers without crashing into the ground or into the at-at walkers. I personally don't want to spend all my time trying to beat the Hoth Map that way. Either the laser turrents be more powerful in the game or add X-wings and/or Y-wings to the Hoth map and/or add a trooper with some type of anti-vehicle weapon.

Originally posted by joesdomain

Because those are the hardest things to do in games like Rogue Squadron. When I got to the battle of Hoth in the first rogue squadron I could never get around the walkers without crashing into the ground or into the at-at walkers. I personally don't want to spend all my time trying to beat the Hoth Map that way..

That's cuz you suck.

I stronly agree with danobahn that the explosions from the fighters you see in the trailer are *star wars realistic*, beeing stronger than star destroyers is ridiculous...

note that its difficult to import everything from the movie in the game cause in the game: each faction has to be as strong as the otherwith equalp layers, and in the movies it aint like it. Rebels won with luck and few extraordinary dudes. Rebels got pwned badly on hoth, its supposed to be a good equal fight in sw:bf so no, you wont 100% relive the movie

I agree tFighterpilot.

Lucasarts wants to recreate the battles from the movies, so not all vehicles will be available on each map.

And about the balancing isseu, maybe the maps aren't balanced (so they empire could easely take out the rebel base on Hoth).

It could be both sides have different obiectives. In that case, the rebels have to hold the base for a surden time (all ships have to take of) and the imperials have to take the base before the time is up. (So It isn't unfair if the Imperials are better).

But that doesn't mean I think tow cables are the only way to take an AT-AT out. Shooting should do the trick too, you'll just have to take your time.

At ats can get hurt by torps and lasers. its just that the snowspeeders lasers were too weak. If you read Isard's Revenge, you see not only that they are used not only for hoth, but that they can easily be taken down by xwings. oh, and an at at was seen on endor as well.

The way I see it, X-wings are space fighters and snowspeeders land fighters. That's why you don't see a X-wing taking out an AT-AT, and why snowspeeders weren't evolved in the destruction of the death star.

I don't say there were no X-wings on Hoth, they're just not used for the AT-AT's, but for escaping from the planet, wich probably isn't an aspect of the Hoth map.

And even IF X-wings are used for land battles, they weren't doining that on Hoth, and because the developers like the game to be like the movies, they wouldn't do that in the game either.

Originally posted by Evil Dark Jedi

Wow i didnt think this post would attract so may posts and i only wanted people to tell me what they thinked of the at-ats being the right size not what they can be taken down with and of there being x-wings on hoth or not.

:bdroid2:

You made the thread, but you don't own it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Basically, the fact is, on Hoth, rebels did indeed have X-Wings.. so nothing can stop them being used in the game, if they are available. Just because they weren't used in the movie, don't mean they shouldn't be used in the game.

Another thougt.. what if Hoth map had the same objective as in the movie.. which is to hold of the advancing Imperials untill Hoth can be evacuated? Give it like, a time limit, I don't know.. say.. 20 mins.. The Imperials have to get to the base and hold it to win, the Rebels must defend.. Like.. in Socom2.. the missions you have to breach and plant the bomb, the terrorists just have to stop it.

Maybe 20 mins is too short.. too long.. but, in this instance, then yeah, why not have AT-ATs stronger?

Archived