Home

JA+ mod v2.0 & clientSIde PLugin v1.0

slider

Originally posted by Slider744

PS; just to say that you were right n the anti abuse detection change the admin ranck to a normal player without admin right until a rcon user remove his IP from the admin ban list

The thing is that won't prevent the primary server admins from being abusive to players.

In xMod, if you set the command x_honor_idle 0, you CANNOT be lamed AT ALL other than chat-killing if you're going to be chatting in the middle of a fight. There is no chance of being lamed while waiting for an anto-protection timer either. You're simply always protected with lightsaber(s) off while still or moving. And if x_honor_noforce 1 is set, you cannot take advantage of protection to use interactive Force power with your lightsaber(s) off.

Edit: Forgot to mention about DF mod, Kurgan. It's actually called DFplus (a rip of JA+) and was made by one of the Slider suck-ups named MasterSidious of the [DF] clan. It has nothing to do with the Dark Forces mod. To sum it up, DFplus is an extremely sucky version of JA+ but with added admin commands, for example, Sidious's most beloved one: amgod. :roleyess: Right in the name of his command is what the idiot is trying to be. This command gives the god mode cheat and does not restrict your ability to attack non-god players.

Okay, about DFPlus I stand corrected then. I never heard of it before... is it old or new?

If it was a ripoff of slider's mod, surely he could get the public's outcry and his rights as the original author behind a campaign to shut it down?

DF+ mod really exists

see by yourself

209.216.233.91:20060

67.15.20.187:29070

67.15.21.115:29070

but it is not really my problem at all

i don't come here to protest

i only say that the risk or removing those ampunish cmd is to increase the problem of immature admins using mod like DF+ or other mod where admin are real GOD without any restrictions...

so i prefer for the moment increase my automatic admin system

and anti-laming features and also anti-admin-abuser feature

then perhaps i will increasingly decrease the direct power of admin on players when admins using my mod will increasingly fell less the need of use them thanks to the better auto-admin features

Slider, I suggest that you make a cvar that doesn't allow you to use interactive Force powers (push, pull, grip, etc.) when your lightsaber(s) are off. Also, so that you can't be affected by Force when your lightsaber(s) are off. That'll eliminate the Force laming problems and there's nothing to exploit.

Originally posted by TK-8252

Slider, I suggest that you make a cvar that doesn't allow you to use interactive Force powers (push, pull, grip, etc.) when your lightsaber(s) are off. Also, so that you can't be affected by Force when your lightsaber(s) are off. That'll eliminate the Force laming problems and there's nothing to exploit.

If he would make a option for that i would never use it my self. Then people would just turn there saber on and off the hole time.....:rolleyes:

*sigh* don't you guys get it? Slider's mod is popular because a majority of the remaining people playing this game want and like the features it has. He is just satisfying the market's demand. If future versions don't have those features, the people using his mod will just keep using the current versions that have those features. Give it up, it's too late to change things now.

Have you read forums that are heavily populated by honor types? They talk about so-called "lamers" like they are vermin that need to be hunted down and exterminated. They enjoy using the amabuse commands against them. It's really quite sad. If you read the way they talk about "lamers" and substitute the word "ni**ers", it resembles the KKK talking about African Americans, disparaging their intelligence, laughing at them, etc.

And what are these so-called "lamers" doing to deserve such hate? Playing a video game but not following some silly made-up rules or being "respectful" enough to their "superiors", so they need to be "taught a lesson" and forced to be more "respectful". Sounds like the pre-civil rights era Deep South.

For example, there was just recently a Picture of the Day at jk2files.com called "The Mind of a Lamer" that had a bunch of honor types chortling about the mental inferiority of so-called "lamers". Again, substitute the word "ni**er" for "lamer" and change some of the stereotypes to racial stereotypes instead of gamer stereotypes and it could have been the KKK talking about African Americans. Quite sad actually.

Give up, it's too late. Just stay away from those servers so you won't be hunted down and "lynched" via ampunish for not being "respectful" enough and "knowing your place" while playing a video game (where people are supposed to engage in combat by design).

yea, hate to say it, but most admins of the JA community are just idiots who will use admin commands at any exact given time and reason on anyone. And they happen to be the majority of this game, so we cannot really do much about it... I know I wouldn't let that kind of stuff happen in my clan.

Originally posted by Amidala from Chop Shop

Give up, it's too late. Just stay away from those servers so you won't be hunted down and "lynched" via ampunish for not being "respectful" enough and "knowing your place" while playing a video game (where people are supposed to engage in combat by design).

It's never too late to try to reform the community. Since before the release of JKA, we've been pushing the no-abusive admin commands issue and we've made progress. Chosen One decided that those types of command are bad and promptly removed them from his mod. OMNIMod disappeared so everyone started using JA+, which is better in terms of the abusable admin commands.

Secondly, we know that players will play what is popular, not what is the most abusive. Otherwise, we'd see a lot more DF+ or OMNImod servers. The key is to just make the abusive admin mods unpopular.

Originally posted by Lightning

If he would make a option for that i would never use it my self. Then people would just turn there saber on and off the hole time.....:rolleyes:

So that is a problem how? What you said just made absolutely no sense at all.

Originally posted by TK-8252

So that is a problem how? What you said just made absolutely no sense at all.

If you can't get attacked with saber down lmaers will just do saber down the hole time then saber up again for attacking and saber down again if some ones fighting back....

Originally posted by Lightning

If you can't get attacked with saber down lmaers will just do saber down the hole time then saber up again for attacking and saber down again if some ones fighting back....

On the server I admin for, you're allowed to kill someone if they do that.

Originally posted by razorace

It's never too late to try to reform the community. Since before the release of JKA, we've been pushing the no-abusive admin commands issue and we've made progress. Chosen One decided that those types of command are bad and promptly removed them from his mod. OMNIMod disappeared so everyone started using JA+, which is better in terms of the abusable admin commands.

Secondly, we know that players will play what is popular, not what is the most abusive. Otherwise, we'd see a lot more DF+ or OMNImod servers. The key is to just make the abusive admin mods unpopular.

Damn skippy...everyone already knows that JAR was the better of them all. JA+ is nothing but a rehash of my JA Mod for jk2. Slider is the father of all copiers. If you build it, he will steal it...

c1 out!

• 2 weeks later...

how do you install it? do you replace the old chat server and saber files with the new ones, and the japlus.pk3 with the new pk3 we were given? cause when i tried that and started a server i wasnt even using JA+ anymore, it was back to a server of basejka:confused:

PLease give me the step by step installation

Originally posted by Shadow Hunter27

how do you install it? do you replace the old chat server and saber files with the new ones, and the japlus.pk3 with the new pk3 we were given? cause when i tried that and started a server i wasnt even using JA+ anymore, it was back to a server of basejka:confused:

PLease give me the step by step installation

Technical\installation questions about that mod are better asked here:

http://japlus.fragism.com/gl-bin/forum/

Archived