Home

JA+ mod v2.0 & clientSIde PLugin v1.0

slider

http://japlus.fragism.com/download.php

hello i am pleased to present this new version which introduce a total new generation In the JA+ serie.

indeed, now you can play with a client plugin on JA+ server.

WHat is very nice is that, player who have not this plugin can play with other players who have it on the same JA+ server if the server is sv_pure 0...

the client plugin will enhance your animation, UI, graphic rendring....features......

What is new since the 1.9?

-Client Side Plugin for client playing on JA+ server:

this plugins is included in the Main server side ZIP mod but can also be available as a separate file for all players.

this plugins enable players to take benefit from the UI, animation, and feature enhancement provided by the main server side JA+ Mod.

You are not obligated to install the plugins with the JA+ server side part to run a JA+ server.

For example, the grappling hook is much better if you have installed the pk3 plugin in your client game JAplus folder.

You will find all informations on this plugin in a dedicated readme provided with it.

How it works?

** in server config sv_pure 1 : you will be able to use this pk3 plugin only if the server has this file installed.

if it is the case every player will have to install the pk3 client side in their client gamedata/japlus folder in order to play on this server.

And so the server is not server side any more.

** in server config sv_pure 0 : the server remains server side. every players will be able to join your server (if they have the plugin or Nor have it)

and you are not obligated to install the pk3 plugin on the server.

the players who have the pk3 plugin will take advantage of the UI, animations, feature enhancement.

the other players won't see the difference.

the server will recognize the players who have the plugins and will make them take advantage of it to have better animation, Ui and features.

PS: in sv_pure 0, all pk3 at client side can be used by the client: SO if the client has to many pk3, he may have problem with missing textures or joining the server.

-grapple hook jp_allowHook (0, 1, or 2): allow/disallow the use of the grapple hook, you will have to bind it /bind X "+button12"

0: not allowed

1 : allowed for all players

2 : only for merc in jedi vs merc mod

Grapple Hook: you have to bind it /bind X "+button12" where X is a Key.

in the server side hook version: the hook disengages himself if you stop pressing your binded hook key.

NOw if you use the client side JA+ plugin, you can keep suspended if you stop pressing your binded hook key and

you will have to press your USE button to disengage the hook.

if you press again the binded hook key, you will be pulled again

if you press the walking button, you will make a hook repel move.

Flamethrower improved.:

To reduce server lag, the transfered data between server and clients has been optimized . As a result, the flame effect is now only seen using the JA+ client plugin

Other players not using the client plugin will see the lightening effects instead.

an effect is also available in the client side plugin when a player is burning.

-Duel Isolation (Non interference): (jp_DuelAlpha -1 or between 0 and 255 default -1): Integration and improvement of the non interference code part of the Gen-X JK2 Mod

**server side behaviour : if you are not using the client side plugin, when in duel, you can go through other players except your ennemi

**Client side plugin behaviour : if you are using the client side plugin, you have better features:

-when you are in duel, you can't see other players and you are not influenced by other players weapons, force power use, explosions.....

-if you aren't in duel, you see cloaked duelers. the degree of visibility of duelers is controled by jp_DuelAlpha.

** if you are inside a player at the end of a duel, you will be able to go outside of him.

** Improvement in transfered data between clients and server.

- you now can view if someone ask to duel with you even if you don't have your saber. But you will have to switch to your saber to accept the duel.

- jp_pushAll (0, 1 default 0) : allow/disallow to push or pull all items like armor, bacta, medipack, ammo ....

- the FAQ.txt is updated to have better explanations.

- the version of the user client plugins is logged into the games.log file when the player join the game.

fix: changing your name will not enable to escape from a vote sleep or silence.

fix: ghosted people are now well ghosted at respawn.

fix: all emots that was remaining executable during attacks are now corrected

CLient plugin 1.0

- Grapple Hook: you have to bind it /bind X "+button12" where X is a Key.

Real grapple hook in the client side plugin.

in the JA+ server side hook version (if you don't use this plugin): the hook disengages itself if you stop pressing your binded hook key.

Now if you use the client side JA+ plugin, you can keep suspended if you stop pressing your binded hook key and

you will have to press your USE button to disengage the hook.

With the client side plugin enabled you can also see a real hook wire.

if you press again the binded hook key, you will be pulled again

if you press the walking button, you will make a hook repel move.

-FlameThrower : an effect is also available in the client side plugin when a player is burning and also for the flamejet effect itself.

- improved animations which was causing a laggy look without this plugin: for example : grapple move, meditate, the wall stick free mouse look, the yellow dfa mouse look , roll (with jp_fixroll 2 or 3)...etc...

- player names are now drawn with colors in your crosshair for ffa gametype.

- Improve the model scale system: with this client side plugin, saber are drawn with a lenght scaled on model scale factor defined by the server.

the player shadow is also scaled according to the model scale factor.

- all JA+ commands are added to the cmds list so that you can use the TAB key to complete a cmd name.

- several key added in the control menu under the "Ja+ controls" section.

-when your private duel ends, you start an orbital move around your player just at the death moment.

--Duel Isolation (Non interference): thanks to the plugin this feature is improved compared with the default server side behaviour:

**when you are in duel, you can't see other players and you are not influenced by other players weapons, force power use, explosions......

**if you aren't in duel, you see cloaked duelers. the degree of visibility of duelers is controled by jp_DuelAlpha.

**going through other players is also better here because client side predicted.

- autologgin for admin and clanpass with 2 client cvar cp_login and cp_clanPwd

- new RGB colors for player clothes in player menu creation (it can be used instead of the /amcolor cmd).

Originally posted by Slider744

...-grapple hook jp_allowHook (0, 1, or 2): allow/disallow the use of the grapple hook, you will have to bind it /bind X "+button12"...

So is the fact I didn't bind it to a key the reason my hook kept fireing over and over again? And do I have to bind it in the console? That is it cant be done from the menu?

What is the feedback on saber damage like for this version?

There was a lot of reported issues on phase-through and random hits with Yellow/Medium occurring.

I heard it was due to the flamethrower effects, and according to the history log, that has been optimised.

So what's the story? :p

yes indeed the flamethower was causing lag because it was not a client side support....

now the way the flame are drawn will not cause server lag..

(it will cause the same lag as lightning could do)

the only lag that remain can be occur at client side if the graphic card or the CPU is not enough powerfull on player computer...

but the server will not lag

therefore the server will be able to compute the hit detection like before

Ah, you should submit this to LucasFiles.com.

Now if only we could clear out the older versions from the list to avoid clutter. ; p

PS: I hate to ask this, but can admins still ampunish people and abuse them in this mod?

Originally posted by Kurgan

PS: I hate to ask this, but can admins still ampunish people and abuse them in this mod?

Yup. Unfortunantly. Slider is too stubborn to realize how much he could improve his mod as well as the community if he'd simply remove the commands. If he adapted an anti-laming system maybe he wouldn't have to rely on admins to enforce rules. If you can call slapping/slaying/empower killing enforcing rules. ;)

Originally posted by Slider744

i made a antilaming features with god chat and autoprotected inactivity

but all authomatic system are not as good as a real human admin player

That's not anti-laming.

Play xMod. Set x_honor 2 and x_honor_idle 0 and x_honor_noforce 1. <---- That is real anti-laming. You can't lame, use interactive Force with your lightsaber(s) off, all that you can be is chat-killed if you are chatting with your lightsaber(s) on.

Also, Slider, if I may suggest, the way your emotes function is bad. You're frozen in place and can't move. If you could move around in certain emotes like amsurrender and amatease, emotes would be more fun.

Ok that makes sense.

So you have a NEW anti-laming feature, that protects you in console/chat mode.

But you still retain the "ampunish" type commands for admins to let out their frustrations and anger on people that "break the rules."

May I make a suggestion?

The best would be to implement something like Xmod2 with the "time out" player type honor enforcement.

Player is idle with saber off for a certain amount of time (no movement, only "looking" or typing) and they become invulnerable to sabers and kicks. If somebody attacks them, they do no damage and their own saber drops to the ground, plus a text warning for a certain amount of seconds. Another cvar makes it so that after a certain amount of warning they get kicked.

HERE IS A NEW SUGGESTION TO GO ALONG WITH THAT ONE (even better, I am a genius):

Temp Bans

Please hear me out on this. This could be automatic or what an admin or sub admin does.

Ban a person and they stay banned for a certain amount of time (in minutes). So you could ban somebody for 2 minutes or 60 minutes or 999 minutes or whatever.

You say you want to have a "middle ground" between kicking and banning as a warning because kicking and banning is so "harsh" in your mind. Well this would be it.

It's like what we do on these forums. We don't have to ban somebody "Forever" just for a short time period so they can "cool off."

Give them a message as they're being temp banned with "you are banned for X minutes for Y reason" on their screen.

Then, and this is the radical step but I think it's the best for the community (and you have a DUTY as the most popular mod now in JA)... remove all "ampunish" style commands.

With temp banning and the Xmod2 style honor system, there will be no more need for ampunishing.

Admins can relax, you can have your honor rules in peace and nobody need be abused by admins for no reason.

What do you say?

As far as the Xmod2 stuff I hope what is holding you back is not a sense of ego (that you want it only to be YOUR IDEAS and can't share with another modder).

I strongly urge you to implement these changes and your mod will be truly worthy and stop fragmenting the community.

I held off using admin mods all this time because of mods like your's. I didn't want to be in the same category as people who abuse with those commands. Plus to show that the ampunish wasn't needed to keep order.

But if you were to improve it with these changes, I would be more than happy to consider promoting it on a server like mine. After all, mine is one of the most popular Siege servers in JA (and I don't say that to boast, it is via the random scans I've taken since setting it up nearly 2 months ago).

What do you say?

To re-iterate, an automatic "anti laming" system like what Xmod2 has REMOVES the need for admins to use ampunish commands.

Why? Because the entire "honor code" is based on the idea that people in saber duels should only be killed when they are engaged in saber combat.

The automatic honor-enforcement system like in Xmod2 2.6.0 (which has been in place since at least version 2.2.1) does that completely automatically.

And with extended IP ban lists and such, it's completely finished.

So the only reason to left use ampunish anymore is to be a jerk or bully.

And that's the reason why they should be removed, because the temptation is too great for admins to be abuse players (since the commands are designed to hurt a player's feelings and pride and "show how powerful" the admin is) in the game this way.

In real-life sporst the Referee is in charge. This official has the power to warn players and throw them (and coaches) out of the game for violating rules. People may argue and disagree with his calls, but his calls are final.

But a Referee says "you're out!" or send them to the penalty box for awhile and the person is out or has to serve their time. He doesn't rip off the player's clothes and beat them bloody with sticks in front of the entire stadium does he? But that's the effect some of these ancient ampunish commands really do. And sadly many admins like to do this sort of thing, because they've had a bad day or they are losing and they want to "punish" someone. If they don't have this option, they will be put into a more honorable frame of mind to do their jobs instead.

It is also a temptation for them to cheat (as players).

The admin isn't a passive observer, he's also a player. And if he has the ability to kill players or make them unable to move in the wink of an eye he can use this ability to cheat his way to victory.

With the Xmod2 style system he doesn't need to do this. With temp bans and kicks it's obvious he's just being an admin, not a player who has god-like powers and is using them for a cheap win.

I hope you see the difference. Again, I ask you to please remove the ampunish commands.

I know it is hard to let go of old habits. These commands have been around since the days of JediMod back in Jedi Outcast. But they simply aren't NEEDED anymore. The days of admins having to amslap and ampunish people to get them to be obeyed are over! They're obsolete, an anachronism. Progress must move foreward! : )

thanks for the suggestions

but you know if i begin to code several ideas of Xmod, everybody will come to say that i stole the xmod ideas...

on the other hand, plenty of personns like the ampunish because they finally are very usefull to stop definitvely a player to waste the gameplay of others

all others automatic admin code will hva to wait for a temporisation and the person who want to go aginst servers rules, will have the possibility to continue to lame....

if i remove, cmds like ampuinish, amslap, it is pretty sure that a lot of people will use another mod which will be surely much more a cheating-admin mod like DF mod with amgod, amnoclip......

i prefer that the person who absolutly want ampunish use my mod because my mod is under control, i am very aware of those cheat problem

that is why i reinforced anti-laming with god chat and also inactivity_autoProtected, to reduce lame on server and reduce the need to use those ampunish cmds....

Moreover, i put an antiAbuse detector that autoban admin from their admin rank when they abuse....

i also admin my own server, and come on mine you will see that i use very few admin cmd of my mod

i prefer give the good example and apply what i always said to do for a good admin behaviour

the problem is that we need a good way to stop emmediallty a personn to go against a rule without waiting for a auto timeout or an autoadmin system....

so here is the problem

those ampunish cmd shouldn't be used very often, but they may be usefull with a specific class of bad play-abuser players

because the problem is that kurgan you always speak about admin abuse

but you never speak about player abuse.....

but this said i am very aware of the problem and i will try to think about a better compromise....or a better solution....

That compromise is called "/kick", that's all you need.

The problem with any of this fancy tweaking stuff is that you're expecting the true admins of the servers to not be abusing them. However, the problem is that the full admins are the ones that abuse this stuff as well. As such, the only way to prevent sadistic behavior by admins to remove their ability to be sadistic to the simple Warn. Boot. Ban. system.

If you really are conserned about the admins not having enough control over their servers, just give them plenty of ways to limit the voting system employed on the server. Beyond that, just WBB.

The point of playing JKA is to have fun, not to be a weird, twisted version of the correctional system.

yes i agree

but the problem is that for several abuser player the fun is to go aginst rules and waste other player funs...

the problem is that abuser players don't realize that when they are coming on a server it is like your home...

you have to respect the rules that owners has set....

the owners is paying a lot each month for that...

i think as long as there will be abuser player, server owners will want to have a immediate and secure way to prevent those abuser to go against the rules set by this owner....

/kick or ban isn't a good way for me because those players keep coming under another IP to continue....

for this class of abuser player, the ampunish then ignoring him seems to be very good because the abuser player immediatly loose his fun and finish to leave the server by himself....

i am actually to see how i could code an auto admin that detect abuser and will autopunish him

when i will succeed in making a secure way to auto make those player loose their fun which consist in go against server rules

perhaps i will remove several manual admin cmds

auto admin that detect abuser and will autopunish

Absolutely crazy. The player's aren't the enemy. Even trouble causing ones. And Ip's can only be changed so much. they still have to stay in a specified range.

I garuntee that will dissuade anybody from playing on that server as well as maybe never playing JKA again.

It only takes one bad experience.

Well, why not just prevent the abusable behavior in the first place or allow players to deal with it themselves thru team/general kick votes?

Anyway, if you're looking for ways to prevent admin abuse while giving more control to admins, I suggest you check out some of the admin features of OJP. We've been very careful to avoid adding anything that could be abusable.

ok

but you know keshire, in europe you can't ban player with dynamic IP because a lot of internet provider give a new IP with only the frist digits mask remain constent

so if you ban fore example 130.0.0.0, a lot of players won't be able to connect

now i didn't say that player are the enemy

i only say that i know several clan that only come on servers to waste the fun of others and try to set on this server a very bad play environment to make other players leave the servers

this their fun

and there is real problem with this kind of immature players that force server owners to have an immediate way to prevent them to do such a bad behaviour....

hapily this represents a minority as well as i think that admin immature abuser are also a minority.....

so there is a real problem with that

now giving vote to all player will immedialty transform the server in a constant vote spam....

sure i can put a timer on voting to prevent a player to callvote all the time.. this is a thing that i will code

but it does not correct everything

SO definitly i need a secure way to auto detect players whose fun consists in wasting the fun of others players...

i think you understood what i mean

ok, you have to understand that i totally understood your point of view that i also share....on a lot of point...

so ok i think it is an harsh issue and the efficient solution is not easy to find

efficient solution

autowarn, autokick.

obviously you don't want an autoban for the reason you specified with IPs.

"punish" should have no form at all in any game. By punishing you ARE directly attacking players. Thereby making them the enemy. Even those that don't know what their doing and are naive.

Originally posted by Slider744 thanks for the suggestions

but you know if i begin to code several ideas of Xmod, everybody will come to say that i stole the xmod ideas...

I realize this, but I think that if you get permission and work in cooperation and give credit, no one can possibly accuse you of wrongdoing or copy-cating.

Besides, did you invent ampunish commands? If not, then I think people could right now accuse you of copying. ; )

Just to be rhetorical. But I mean, if you're going to use somebody's system, why not use a system that's been shown to work and have a positive autcome?

Think of it like this... ampunish is like the Dark Ages where they torture and execute people for simple crimes. Nowadays we try to be more enlightened and rehabilitate people and have the punishment fit the crime or repair society not inspire fear and revenge.

Ampunish is the past, systems like Xmod2 are the future.

on the other hand, plenty of personns like the ampunish because they finally are very usefull to stop definitvely a player to waste the gameplay of others

Perhaps, but the automatic systems like in Xmod2 do the same job without creating bad feelings among players, without allowing an admin to be a bully (automatic systems punish only the guilty), and they save time and effort. They also don't reflect badly on the admin.

A computer or script sees something wrong and fixes it. A human can use his power to punish anytime to hurt people even if they are doing no wrong. Or the human could allow somebody to do wrong and they get away with it, while punishing another. Ie: he could miss something. A computer system will punish all the guilty, regardless of who they are. Whether they are winning or losing, or are the admins buddies, etc. In a sense all are equal. This is a much better system I think than simply giving the admin the powers of a Tyrant.

all others automatic admin code will hva to wait for a temporisation and the person who want to go aginst servers rules, will have the possibility to continue to lame....

So what? Once they are gone from the server, there is no more problem. Why does it matter if they get 2 points or 10000 points "laming" people with saber down?

Once they are gone, their score is gone with them. Nobody loses points when they are "lamed" they keep their score. They can respawn instantly with full health and force, etc. So if the lamer can lame a bit longer, who cares?

Virtual deaths are cheap, and once the "lamer" is auto kicked/banned then there's no more trouble.

I don't see why a few more seconds to "lame" from an auto system is such a bad thing.

You act as if you have to stop people from laming in the first place, but you are unwilling to implement an autohonor enforcement and other tools and instead opt for ampunish.

Remember, punishing only works AFTER THE DEED IS DONE. Better to use the auto system which doesn't have the factor for human error (ie: human weakness, the desire to humiliate players who don't like or who are beating you fair and square).

if i remove, cmds like ampuinish, amslap, it is pretty sure that a lot of people will use another mod which will be surely much more a cheating-admin mod like DF mod with amgod, amnoclip......

Let's take a reality check here (I mean no offense, but let's be realistic).

JA+ Mod is the most used mod in JA, period.

Is this because it lets people use ampunish? Even if that were true, that simply means you're giving people the tools to abuse and they like being bullies. Why feed this obsession? You're not helping the community be a fun place to play by doing that. You're just reinforcing the idea that humiliating players for fun is a "right" that all admins must have.

DF Mod is not being used online, I have never seen it in the dedicated server list, EVER.

Besides, isn't it a Single Player/coop based mod (Dark Forces right?)? So its completely different than your's. It's aimed at a totally different audience too.

If you mean admin mods, again, your's is the overwhelmingly used version.

It may already be too late though, because people can just use the old bad version of your mod (most people probably don't even realize you update the thing, I see people using version 1 still). But, what you could do is take down the old buggy versions and just release a new version with the ampunish, amslap, amsleep, etc. commands removed.

But, never know until you try... don't be afraid of change (for the better).

But you can't pretend that if you stop using ampunish people will stop using your mod.

I think I see why you keep them, you are afraid that people will stop using your mod if you remove these commands.

Why bother developing your mod then, if all they want is ampunish?

But, ask yourself, if your mod is good enough, why wouldn't people continue to use it if those commands were removed?

I think you don't have enough faith in your own abilities!

And you never know until you try.

i prefer that the person who absolutly want ampunish use my mod because my mod is under control, i am very aware of those cheat problem

Not from what I hear and see. Server after server is punishing people and people are complaining. Complaints happen as much as people complaining about "laming" with saberoff = peace. So it's clearly not quite under control.

The easiest way to bring things under control would be to remove the ampunish commands. That would take away the #1 tool the abusers have to ruin the community. We'd ALL be better off.

So what if we can't torture a few "lamers"? The punish commands are not being used only on lamers, but also on innocent players for the admin and subadmin's sport.

that is why i reinforced anti-laming with god chat and also inactivity_autoProtected, to reduce lame on server and reduce the need to use those ampunish cmds....

Moreover, i put an antiAbuse detector that autoban admin from their admin rank when they abuse....

Explain to me how this works ("anti-abuse system"). I got the impression that if subadmins used a "power" too often they lost their rank.

But does this mean if I were adminning my own JA+ server it would stop ME from slapping somebody too many times?

Because if so, that's very interesting (and possibly good).

But if you make it an option to allow "abuse" then it's a simple matter of turning it off then they can abuse with impunity just like before (which is what the bully admins will do).

But just for a minute imagine a person trying to abuse with Rcon.

Kick, kick, kick, kick, etc. Ok the server is empty. That's about all he can do! A kicked player goes "oh well, he sucks" and goes on to the next server. No time wasted by either party. Simple & clean.

But with JA+ Mod he can humiliate people and ruin their fun, by keeping them on his server but not allowing them to play, while mocking them to a captive audience.

i also admin my own server, and come on mine you will see that i use very few admin cmd of my mod

i prefer give the good example and apply what i always said to do for a good admin behaviour

I have banned mabye 5 people in the 2 months I've been running my server. Simple bans using rcon. I haven't needed to do anything beyond that to stop "bad people" from doing "bad things."

And I'm not talking about killing people while they chat or trying to hide with saber down, but people who deliberately take the items in Siege and hide somewhere so that their team will lose on purpose.

Sadly, all these admin mods do nothing to stop that kind of "laming." All they focus on is this "saber off = peace" and "no chat killing" stuff, which is so incredibly minor. If people would just have some sense when chatting and stay out of the way, and not be so upset over getting killed once in a game, the whole "laming" thing these mods address wouldn't matter.

The "laming" in Siege can stop the game dead in its tracks (until the person is kicked and/or the map restarted). But what you call "laming" affects nothing except one player's ego (oh no, I got killed when I was chatting! no fair!).

That's another beef I have, these problems seem incredibly minor to me and the strategy for addressing them (ampunish) is simply overkill.

It's like sending people to the electric chair for littering.

the problem is that we need a good way to stop emmediallty a personn to go against a rule without waiting for a auto timeout or an autoadmin system....

so here is the problem

those ampunish cmd shouldn't be used very often, but they may be usefull with a specific class of bad play-abuser players

There's a problem with that line of reasoning though.

What about "giving people chances"? I thought that was what you were all about. You amslap somebody to "give them a chance" instead of kicking them right?

Well there's "no chance" before the punishing commands happen.

So it's really no different. If a person kills somebody with saber down once, and you instantly mute, slap and sleep them while hacking them with your saber in God Mode, well... what if it was just an accident?

Perhaps the person would have been like "okay, I am sorry, I won't do it again, didn't know that was the rule on this server." But now that the admin has "punished" them and acted like a bully, going crazy on the player, they will be angry and upset. They will not wish to obey the rules and either leave (thus the server poisoned the relationship of a perfectly good player and probably will just encourage them to "lame" on other servers, etc) or they will get the attitude that this is how an admin must behave.

Thus this creates an atmosphere where this kind of behavior on the part of admins (over-reacting, humiliating players at the drop of a hat for the smallest infractions) is seen as the norm and encouraged. People learn from what they see. They will see admins being bullies and think to be an admin you have to be a bully.

So they download JA+ Mod and torture players to get revenge. It's an endless cycle...

because the problem is that kurgan you always speak about admin abuse

but you never speak about player abuse.....

Actually I do speak about player abuse, but the thing is, admin abuse has far greater reprucussions for a server as well as the entire community than player abuse ever can.

And I'm not talking about some player getting admin access and screwing up a game, I'm talking about every server using JA+ and amslapping people they don't like or those who start to win.

Admins are just players with godlike powers. The Admins who use JA+ are given tools who's sole purpose is to humiliate and degrade players. This is a bad idea because many people simply have no sense of fair play and don't follow the golden rule. So in order to avoid tempting their "bully nature" the commands should not be made available to them.

Do you see what I'm saying?

If you give the Hall Monitor (a 15 year old kid) at school a loaded shotgun, sure you might think no problem if he's mature, etc. But what about the kid who goes crazy one day and shoots everyone? If he didn't have the gun, he wouldn't be able to do the same kind of damage as if he has one.

JA+ Mod is like giving the Hall Monitors (admins) loaded shotguns. That's my point.

With so many servers using JA+ Mod, the potential for admin abuse raises exponentially.

but this said i am very aware of the problem and i will try to think about a better compromise....or a better solution....

Glad you wish to make progress, that is great to hear!

Note: I point out the abuse because that is the problem, I don't talk about all the people who admin responsibly, because those people aren't a problem! Logical... ; )

But the ampunish commands appeal to the lowest common denominator of admin, the one who wants to lord it over his players and be a bully to them and will never allow himself to lose a battle or "look weak" to his friends.

I applaud you Slider for listening to my thoughts. I'm trying to be charitable and helpful here. In the past I may have gotten angry about this, but it's an issue I think that really impacts the fun of the game.

And the game is about fun right?

I just think the old ampunish system hurts the fun factor MORE than a more efficient system, like that used in Xmod2.

Again, your mods need not be in conflict with each other, simply work together to create something you can both be proud of. Xmod2 is open source too btw...

And the unique merits of JA+ should stand on their own. If it's just ampunish with no substance then you need to work harder... I'm sure you don't believe your original work is worthless?

Master Hex of Xmod2 has the right idea, but also to RazorAce of OJP you should listen! Smart man he is!

i know now Razorace since a few days

indeed i confirm he is a nice guy hehe

PS; just to say that you were right n the anti abuse detection change the admin ranck to a normal player without admin right until a rcon user remove his IP from the admin ban list

Archived