Home

Forum game?

Well this has been attempted many times before, but in an effort to keep both this forum and SWGB alive I'm proposing it again.

We should have a forum game of SWGB every couple of weeks or so. I'm not sure what the best time to hold it would be, but that can be determined by this thread. So who's in for it? It won't be a ladder or anything, since that can get too competitive. Just a friendly game between forumites.

So who's with me? Reply with the timezone you're in and the prefered time to play, and we'll see if we can sort something out.

I'm in North American Eastern Standard Time, GMT-4. Pretty much anytime is workable for me.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since we're in the same time zone for now maybe we could have a game:D

Ah but we should play with other people too...we've played with each other too often already.

Ok so two isn't a lot but still...

One of them was a huge stalemate(it was ok?! Damn those holocrons!) and the other was quite unfair for you. I won but I think that you could have done a lot better(though I think you're better with air strong civs.

Now, Windu won't play because he dislikes SWGB but Froz is still here.

Free-for-all?

Yes, such a shame Windu dislikes SWGB. I hope Froz joins us, though he refrained from participating in the ladder this would be more fun. If he still thinks he's unbeatable we could ally against him.

Hopefully DMUK will join in too. I know Saberhagen still plays, he might be interested. He's in the UK too, I believe.

Guest DarthMaulUK

Ive just moved to a new area, so once my broadband is up in a couple of weeks, i will certainly join in the fun

Wipe them out.....all of them ;-)

DMUK

Just when I thought this forum was dead...

Yes I still play SWGB although I've found some new things to waste my time on (Cossacks, Livejournal and photoshopping stupid pictures). My last trip to the zone ended with lots of swearing and my ally walling my CC so it would be nice to play with friendly people again. I miss WTE. :(

One more thing - my exchange has just been ADSL enabled so I might well be descending into waiting for broadband hell soon. This is the British way of life...

Aha! My plan to revive the forum has succeeded!

Now let me see about our timezones:

Admiral Vostok: GMT -4

lukeiamyourdad: GMT -4

DarthMaulUK: GMT (in a few weeks)

Frozticles: ??

pbguy1211: ??

saberhagen: GMT

General Nitro: GMT -5

If Windu is out that means we don't have to cater for Australians (of which there was once an abundance). So perhaps the best time would be of an evening GMT? That would make it afternoon in GMT-4. I guess either Saturday or Sunday, which is preferable?

Oh good. Where exactly in GMT-5 are you? I'll edit that information into my above post.

Another thing we need to decide on is how the game will be played. Personally I think we should agree on a time, and Direct IP connect to someone hosting. I suggest myself to host since I'm organising the whole thing and since I have broadband. I'd post my IP address on the forum here so everyone could connect.

However I seem to remember at least one person didn't like Direct IP-ing when we played the ladder, so we may have to resort to the Zone *shudder*.

Hmmm... I suck majorly, but I could be cannon fodder for someone. I'm on summer vacation w/ a College class here or there, and any time is good for me (Except Mondays and Wednesdays). I'm in USA EST.

(I've not been here a while due to the trojan ads, but it seems they've stopped... the trojans anyways.)

P.S. I've upgraded from AOheLL DSL to Comcast High Speed Cable Internet which is like 8 times faster than my previous DSL, and my friends say the ping is much better now. If you ever need a host, I can do it.

Ah, glad you could join us Phreak. You have been missed.

Luke's Dad, I thought about PMing, but thought if I went that way I might miss someone out. But you're right, it would be better to PM than just publicly post my IP.

So everyone will have to express their interest, or they won't get the PM detailing the IP address.

To recap people and timezones:

Admiral Vostok: GMT -4

lukeiamyourdad: GMT -4

DarthMaulUK: GMT

Frozticles: ??

pbguy1211: GMT -4

saberhagen: GMT

General Nitro: GMT -5

StarWarsPhreak: GMT -4

That's eight already! Now we just need to decide on a time. I'm available all the time, what with my extremely flexible job, so someone with less flexibility propose a time.

Archived