Home

Forum game?

Guest DarthMaulUK

ah hehe

I spoke with one of the producers and told him how naff Galaxies is and will remain so.

I think they have through all their resources at this white elephant of a game because they are really crying out for decent reviews and awards and will probably stop at nothing to get them.

And if i tell you, most of the guys at LA dont even play Galaxies..hehe one of them doesnt even have a PC!

DMUK

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

See, and the really annoying thing about that is that Lucasarts could be making some quality games, and yet stick to rubbish like Galaxies, Mercenaries etc. Personally, i have come up with a few game concepts like-

- SWGB sequel RTS

- SW space-based RTS

- Prequel 'Rogue Squadron' type flight sim game, preferably on all systems

- Prequel 'Jedi Knight' series type game

- Star Wars 'Sim City' where you could build cities like Coruscant, Theed etc

Okay, the last one was bad, but i think the other four would be great.

Originally posted by Darth Windu

- SWGB sequel RTS

- SW space-based RTS

- Prequel 'Rogue Squadron' type flight sim game, preferably on all systems

- Prequel 'Jedi Knight' series type game

- Star Wars 'Sim City' where you could build cities like Coruscant, Theed etc

Okay, the last one was bad, but i think the other four would be great.

I don't get how you do an all space RTS... but whatever. And also, the SW SimCity might actually work. Even though SW is all about war. Do you have any idea how many ppl play on the zone who can't play an RM game and just do scenarios of either RPGs or Senate's or City Builds???

Guest DarthMaulUK

*sends the General to the corner of the room*

:D

The SW Sim City put a smile on my face, especially after Windu admitted to it being a bad idea! hehe. funny.

A Space RTS.. Rebellion/Supermacy worked with just the Empire and Rebellion and as i have said before, is a brilliant game. You can actually set up spy missions and even set traps like in Return Of The Jedis epic ending battle.

With so many new factions now, might make it difficult to make, so Civs like the gungans would have to join up with the Naboo and there would be no wookiees.

Anyway, this is all OT.

DMUK

Jedi Knight has been given enough attention. I think LA is trying to create total new genres in the gaming department seeing as how they brag about how they break all the records.

I wouldn't go bashing mercenaries just yet it got great reviews and the thing I found amusing is. LA's best game named at E3 had nothing to do with star wars :o

They have to keep going with galaxies because people pay money monthly maybe if we paid we might get that kind of attention........

Star Wars Sim City!!!!!! I would just like to see who it would pan out :D

*hides sim city 4 cd* ;)

Well with Space-based RTS', Star Trek Armada was fantastic, and was completely space. Armada 2 introduced some good features as well, but over all wasnt as good as the original. Anyhow, i think this could work well for SW with the four major civs.

Id like a prequel-based 'Jedi Knight' because i personally find the PT more interesting than the OT, but also because the Jedi were mush...bigger during that time.

Ditto with the flight sim, although i would love to have the opportunity to fly Jedi Starfighter missions against TF Battleships, use Gunships to wipe out Confed armies, fly anti-fighter missions for assault ships etc - i really think there is a lot there to be explorer, especially considering the quality of Factor 5's RS games.

Finally to SimCity :). This actually came up because i was thinking that it would be sorta cool to play as an ordinary citizen in the SW universe rather than a pilot, jedi etc. Not one of my greatest ideas, but it sorta has that 'train wreck' quality about it.

Star Wars Space RTS = HW2 + Star Wars = awesome

And a "Star Wars Sim city" would be kinda cool. "Build Coruscant from the ground up... in a few years time!"

As for the new SWGB2 RTS, I'd love to see a Zero Hour type RTS with stuff to scale (meaning huge ass AT-ATs).

It's friday people! Sunday is coming up! :p

Right now I'm thinking Ground Control2/SWRTT but hey.

Jedi Starfighter does exist. It may be crappy but hey, it's a prequel based flight sim. There's also Battle for Naboo as an ep 1 flight sim. Frankly, I'm tired of SW flight sims and flight shooters, enough is enough. We've had so many great ones and nothing will be as good as Tie Fighter was. NOTHING!

I could care less about Mercenaries. They cancelled Sam & Max for it...

I cannot believe someone would dare say that the PT is better then the OT...burn in hell you heretic!!!

Well, 'Jedi Starfighter' is good if you have a PS2 or Xbox - which i dont. Also, the RS series gives you acces to numerous types of aircraft to fly, which is half the fun, and i would like to see it on all consoles plus PC. That, i think, is Lucasarts' primary weakness - they dont give a c**p about Gamecube owners, and its starting on the same path for PS2.

As for the Prequel Trilogy - bite me! :) I just like the PT universe in terms of greater Jedi presence, greater intrigue etc - its just cooler.

As for the Prequel Trilogy - bite me! :) I just like the PT universe in terms of greater Jedi presence, greater intrigue etc - its just cooler.

There are more Jedi, but they're complete suckers. Sorry... There's no character development of Mace Windu or any other Jedi.

And where is there any intrigue?!

Continues to "back up" OT laser discs to DVD... the only way I'll ever be content with those...

I realise that RS2 & 3 were only on Gamecube, but as i said i would like to see a PT version on all consoles, maybe not PC, because then everyone would be able to enjoy the game and no-one would be left out.

As for character development in the PT - there's no time for that. Remember that the OT takes places over a few years, with the same major characters, the only difference being that they get a little older. The PT trilogy however takes place over about 30 years, so the characters are very different, and the story to be told regarding the rise of the empire and whatnot leaves very little space for character development.

I also guess that my preference for the PT has something to do with my intense dislike of Luke Skywalker. To me, he comes accross as a very 'weak' character and really, it would have been nice for him to have died on the second death star.

Well, now I'm having my own technical problems. I have outdated drivers on this thing, and I can't download the current one because I can't create a support account yet...

I think the whole world is against us playing a simple game of galactic battlegrounds...

Maybe Luke can host, or someone else.

I also guess that my preference for the PT has something to do with my intense dislike of Luke Skywalker. To me, he comes accross as a very 'weak' character and really, it would have been nice for him to have died on the second death star.

:eek:

OK...

Luke is weak right? Anakin is worse. In Ep1, he was ok but in Ep2 he was just so damn annoying. He kept acting like some little pissed off teenager who can't suck it up. A "weak" person wouldn't be falling to the dark side so easily.

I just think Luke is a weak character. I agree that Anakin is a bit annoying, but at least he's also pretty cool. I also dont like Mathew Broddrick (i think thats how you spell it) because he comes accross to me as weak. Also, i was never interested in the OT until Ep1 came out.

Its trying to show Anakins emotions and how he lets them control him. He was let into the order, but he was to old and was not taught to fully control them. Plus Padawans are very easy to tempt to the darkside especially since he is always around Palpy.

Archived