Home

Over Shadowed by Battlefront?

Xirion

Originally posted by ZBomber

Yes, Jedi Outcast was much like that, espcially with those mods where you could sneeze, puke, etc..... a few moinths after it's release, there weren't many games without people clowning around.

not for anything, but i don't give a darn if my game character can meditate, kiss another character, or do some ballerina spin ... i was there to saber other people, and it was rare to find others who were into that as well.

if servers for RC turn into *THOSE* type of servers, i will avoid them like the plague.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i will get both no question about that! but it feels like Battlefront is more of a SW feeling game and you can relive tha huge battles and so on.. and that RC is more of an mission based game so they are both good and expanding the story! geting both yeah! :D

Originally posted by Igor_Cavkov

i will get both no question about that! but it feels like Battlefront is more of a SW feeling game and you can relive tha huge battles and so on.. and that RC is more of an mission based game so they are both good and expanding the story! geting both yeah! :D

Yeh, but re-living the battles would get boring after a while. :)

Originally posted by tFighterPilot

I think RC will get boring faster than BF, but that's just me. Time will tell.

Indeed it will. I haven't been keepign up with BF anymore, but will it have editing support? That would make it more fun if there were mods and stuff, I guess.

Indeed it will. I haven't been keepign up with BF anymore, but will it have editing support? That would make it more fun if there were mods and stuff, I guess.

Something tells me that BF will be more editable than RC. RC is just not the kinda game that has mods.

Something tells me that BF will be more editable than RC. RC is just not the kinda game that has mods.

What makes you say that? FPS like JA and the such are full of mods. Lots of Single Player missions will probably be added too.

• 2 weeks later...

I am looking forward to battlefront more, and will get it the day it comes out. I'm not sure about republic commando. But I think if I have the money for it i will get that too.

I dont think it will be overshadowed because they are different kinds of games plus RC comes out months after BF.

Of course in BF i can't wait to be a :trooper:

Originally posted by skywalker591

I am looking forward to battlefront more, and will get it the day it comes out. I'm not sure about republic commando. But I think if I have the money for it i will get that too.

I dont think it will be overshadowed because they are different kinds of games plus RC comes out months after BF.

Of course in BF i can't wait to be a :trooper:

Well, Jedi Academy was overshadowed by KOTOR, even though they are different types of games and KOTOR came out later.

Well, Jedi Academy was overshadowed by KOTOR, even though they are different types of games and KOTOR came out later.

KotOR had a ton more substance to it ... deeper storyline, intruiging gameplay ... it basically took the RPG gametype to an entirely new level, and i'm sure introduced some non-RPGers (like myself) to a whole new genre.

jedi academy felt, IMO, as simply an expansion pack to jedi outcast, taking queues from the popular community mods and incorporating them into an *official* lucasarts game.

i hope that RC's attempt at the strategic, team-focused FPS will be successful, and provide us star wars gaming fans with an enjoyable, entertaining, and challenging experience.

Originally posted by adillon

i hope that RC's attempt at the strategic, team-focused FPS will be successful, and provide us star wars gaming fans with an enjoyable, entertaining, and challenging experience.

true..... I sure hope it'll be enjoyable too!

• 2 weeks later...

RC seem to focus more on singleplayer, and games like that are usually less moddable. An exception would be max payne.

keep in mind that mods aren't necessarily large scale productions. there can be total conversions, and mods that introduce entire new gametypes, but the republic commando community could produce mods that 'fix' issues with gameplay (both SP and MP), tweak and/or add weapons, etc (NOT saying there will be a need for this).

there are mods for kotor that are as simple as adding a different lightsaber or giving t3-m4 the same color scheme as r2-d2 ... nothing major, but a MODification to the game nonetheless, created either because of a personal preference or the request of the community. models and skins, i feel, fall into the mod category, and if RC is as user-friendly as UT2004 then we can expect a huge influx of community-created models and skins not too long after the game's release.

i'm willing to wait patiently for RC's release, whenever it is, just as long as it's relatively bug-free AND mod-able by the community.

What do you think would happen if RC wasn't pushed back. Do you think there would be many people playing it?

i do, mainly because i think this gametype appeals to a certain niche. some people are into RTSs, some into RPGs, some into full-scale, epic battle FPSs (a la bf1942, battlefront, etc), others are into run-and-gun fragfests (a la ut2004, quake3, etc).

there will always be a hardcore group of gamers who practically live and breathe the game, any game, ESPECIALLY if their game of choice is very well done and can stand the test of time.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived