Home

Through the Darkness, I return!

JekRendar

Hey guys, I'm back! For those of you that weren't at the battle today I was there and boy, did I turn a few heads! Actually, in-game, I've been back for about a five, six days now.

What have I been doing? Well, running missions on Dantooine, so that I could pay off my bills, because like last time, I left all of my belongings in my house, house was destoryed and I lost everything. So, I've been busy there. And through God's good grace I met up with a chef, unaffiliated, I might add (I'm pretty sure he is), and he's willing to buy meat and milk off of me.

Why didn't you come back earlier? Well, I don't know, I guess I was just too busy running missions and making a few extra credits and kinda forgot. Plus, it's not like I was missed. Even though I missed you.

What have I been up to? I joined City of Heroes Beta early-March and played through the first few weeks of May post-release. It's fun, but it's all combat, the bigger the group, the more downtime you have. After level 15 or so, no matter what archtype, you HAVE to group. At about that same time, the grind REALLY kicks it in gear. In additon to that, there is NOTHING to do but grind. The CoH Devs didn't you give you anything to explore, no tools for RPing, not even a place to sit down. As a matter of fact, you can't even sit on a park bench!

Although, it's kinda funny, everything SWG did right, CoH did wrong, and vice versa. CoH is almost bug-free, lag-free (depending on the zone), and newbie-friendly. SWG has a very nice search function, email done right, and combat that slightly more fun. (I'm biased though to the blasters and such.) SWG is also geared towards the communication, more emotes, more interaction between players, out of of combat.

In addition to all that, I could not find a community of players dedicated and friendly as the Affiliates! We have the perfect mix of power-gamers and casual gamers that blend together, without conflicting. We have Europeans and Americans that allow us to have -A- members on 24/7!

What are my future plans for me and the PA? Well, after almost 11 months, I finally added a biography. In it, I mentioned that Jek has spent this time with space pirates and became a "bad guy". He didn't like it, so he left, but he kept a "dark image". I did this because I lost all of my light colored clothes, including my name brand Black/White outfit with Packer orange Duster, so I purchased all black (easiest to coordinate), and because the pants and gloves, were my old ones. But, I did some clothes shopping, and you'll see me in either pure black or black and white, with my new name brand ruby pendant.

Of course, with my new look, I'm tempted into trade in some skills. For some reason, Rifleman looks very tempting. Does anyone know if Ranger/Rifleman is any good?

I plan to stick with the PA forever now that I've seen the competition. Also, I think it'd be cool if the PA put some credits together and purchased a fleet (2+) of YT-1300s.

Speaking of the PA, I know some will disagree, but seeing as I'm typically the "last -A- to go to bed" I feel that I should be have some sort of leadership role in the PA. Personally, I feel that it would make sense, because I represent -A- during the wee hours of the night. When I'm on, there are a lot of PST and MST players on too, and a few Pacific Islanders too. I feel that if I had the ability for sponsership, that would be adequate and I would be through in my evaluation of potential -A- members.

I would also like to be in the militia. I feel that I should be the Cori Celesti Militia Skeleton Crew Commander, of course, I'll prolly be the only militia member on the skeleton crew, but hey, it'll be fun.

Anything else? I have one last idea before I close. I think it would cool if the weekly meeting's notes were stickied and closed on this forum. This way visitors can see what we are plans are and stuff. Makes up look more organized, period.

I like the way the PA and CC are coming along and I hope to make a bigger impact now, than ever.

Thanks.

I got even better news, this morning, Atex moved me into CC. I'm now a resident! You may even want to check out my house, at 4 Woodshire Ave, inbetween Imreanna's and Ebik's. I decorated it too!

(BTW: If you are going to read this, I woud appreciate comments.)

Hi welcome back and let me do this point for point. althought the quotes i will be using arent in the right order.. i feel like they will be.

Originally posted by JekRendar

I plan to stick with the PA forever now that I've seen the competition. Also, I think it'd be cool if the PA put some credits together and purchased a fleet (2+) of YT-1300s.

altho it would be kinda nice to have a fleet of yt-1300's its not gonna happen. what to the people that dont like yt-1300 or have no use for a ship that big? why waste all those credits on that many yt-1300's if we are not going to use them all.

Speaking of the PA, I know some will disagree, but seeing as I'm typically the "last -A- to go to bed" I feel that I should be have some sort of leadership role in the PA.

really. wow. saying only that i think im one of the players who playes the most. and uhm you come back after a long vacation and bump all the people who have been waiting for a spot? :) not nice. not a good way to start your return :)

Personally, I feel that it would make sense, because I represent -A- during the wee hours of the night. When I'm on, there are a lot of PST and MST players on too, and a few Pacific Islanders too. I feel that if I had the ability for sponsership, that would be adequate and I would be through in my evaluation of potential -A- members.

..... evaluation of potential members?? you thought atex was gay because he is an interior decorater and that corzips dad had sex wth a twi'lek because atex is twi'lek.

:):D even tho i trust most members of the -A-... only a few are able to sponsor members. and a fe are going to be added soon... but sorry. not you just yet :)

Why didn't you come back earlier? Well, I don't know, I guess I was just too busy running missions and making a few extra credits and kinda forgot. Plus, it's not like I was missed. Even though I missed you.

for a person that says he is a dedicated leader and wants to be with the -A- .... you forgot us the day you came ingame :) :) thats funny :)

I would also like to be in the militia. I feel that I should be the Cori Celesti Militia Skeleton Crew Commander, of course, I'll prolly be the only militia member on the skeleton crew, but hey, it'll be fun.

sure lets kick jan out :):p militia is of no real use. the only thing a militia member can do right now is give zoning rights.

other then that nothing... so the only ones in militia are the ones apointed by xanadu to keep the city in a neat condition and not placng houses everywhere.

Of course, with my new look, I'm tempted into trade in some skills. For some reason, Rifleman looks very tempting. Does anyone know if Ranger/Rifleman is any good?

i dont know about ranger. but rifles is cool. altho i will go back to pistoleer,,, i miss the speed.

Anything else? I have one last idea before I close. I think it would cool if the weekly meeting's notes were stickied and closed on this forum. This way visitors can see what we are plans are and stuff. Makes up look more organized, period.[/b]

that actually is a nice idea. ill see what i can do.

Corzip Dinn

Originally posted by Corzip

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Speaking of the PA, I know some will disagree, but seeing as I'm typically the "last -A- to go to bed" I feel that I should be have some sort of leadership role in the PA.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

really. wow. saying only that i think im one of the players who playes the most. and uhm you come back after a long vacation and bump all the people who have been waiting for a spot? not nice. not a good way to start your return

Um, yea. Dont really say you should come above other people Jek, not saying that I would be a great leader or anything, but I think I would have to be somewhere above you. No offense.

Archived