Home

Achilles' Lightsaber walkthrough

Achilles

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For the TXI, Achilles said there is no way to export the default but its not necessarily true when you export your lsabre<color>01.tga theres a check box thats says export TXI, you can hit that and it should export the TXI for you all you would have to do is rename that and you'd be good to go. The GFF editor is for UTI files, which basically gives the parameters for the crystal/saber your using like the model variation #, name in game, etc.

The TXI is in essence a txt file with a different extension, it tells the game what to do with the texture.

No, what I said was there's no default .txi file to export. :D

What that check box will do is automatically create a .txi for you so that you do not have to manually create one (like you did when I wrote this).

No, what I said was there's no default .txi file to export. :D

What that check box will do is automatically create a .txi for you so that you do not have to manually create one (like you did when I wrote this).

Well ya :) I was just saying he doesn't have to create one from scratch which is easy but that was easier. :)

Open GFF Editor and use File<Open to open g_w_sbrcrstlxx.uti. KT has it’s owned GFF Editor, but I’m used to using this one.

Ok, this is the first part and when I open GFF editor there's nothing to do really, just the drop bar that says Type. I opened the file but I still couldn't do anything...

mav_resref.jpg

You want to edit:

Template ResRef, Tag, and Model Variation to reflect your number don't pay attention to the name on that pic, just change the number from say "07" to whatever # you decided on using. Then hit the description tab, and change your saber to reflect what name you want and if you want type in a description.

so say your were changing it from 07 to 30

u_l_colo_07 would become u_l_colo_30 for both Template ResRef and Tag

then change model variation from 07 to 30 and move on to the description.

then rename your u_l_colo_##.uti to the same name as the Template ResRef location. In my example would be u_l_colo_30.uti :)

What the...? That looks like KT item editor stead of GFF editor...

Thats what I use, Its the tool of champions..LOL go to file>open GFF file ;) It's alot easier, I found the GFF tool really confusing also. It's hard to know what your using from here, I never used the regular GFF tool.

Ok, I did that with the saber and the crystal, but something weird happened. The saber crystal file didn't change to u_l_coloxx when I extracted it, it's still named g1_w_sbrcrstl44 (I'm using 44). Shoulda mentioned that back when I was extracting files.

it doesn't matter as long as the templateresref, tag, and crystal uti file itself all have the same name.

Then for your lghtsbr, you want it the same name as your .mdl file, along with the templateresref, and tag for that uti file.

Sorry, if its a bit confusing but once you get it down you'll be able to do it with your eyes closed :D

*Laughs* This is pitiful, I'm never gonna get this :o ...since I'm using orange, what would happen if I save that blue lightsaber image?

Its not a image, its a basically a text file with commands in it all you have to do is rename the same as your blade :) It wouldn't do anything, and your blade would show up with semi-squared edges instead of how its supposed to.

Say your blade tga is named w_lsabregold02.tga you'd want your .txi file named w_lsabregold02.txi

I can't do it, I give up. Too many mess ups, I even started over but I screwed everything up so bad I just have no idea what to do. I don't even feel like playing the game anymore. Sorry I wasted your time man.

Don't quit, just take a break try again tomorrow or the next day I doubt you screwed it up that bad man if you want pm me and I'll give you my email addy you can send it to me and I'll take a look at it.

step 1: open the .tga in kotor tool's image veiwer.

step 2: copy the contents of the white box in the lower left corner, then paste into wordpad/notepad and save as a .txt

step 3: rename the file extention to a .txi <from.txt to .txi> you can dot his by right clicking and chosing "rename" from the list the pops out.

you will get a warning when you do this but just click through.

the .txi is unreadable by anything other then the game, so the icon <for your .txt/.txi> should turn into a "system file"/"windows file" icon.

hope this helps.

F

Clone L68362,

If it's too much, then try something simpler and work your way up. I posted the link to the item editing tutorial a few days ago (ok, maybe it was closer to a week). Start out changing a few properties and then see where things take you. Again, considering all the stuff that KT can do now, I don't even know why people still read this outdated tutorial (you can do all the same stuff with the aforementioned item editing tut).

Clone L68362,

If it's too much, then try something simpler and work your way up. I posted the link to the item editing tutorial a few days ago (ok, maybe it was closer to a week). Start out changing a few properties and then see where things take you. Again, considering all the stuff that KT can do now, I don't even know why people still read this outdated tutorial (you can do all the same stuff with the aforementioned item editing tut).

I've been working with him in pm's, trying to get him through it from his last message sounded like he got it in game. He's working through more on Hex editing right now, trying to figure that out but I'm happy he didn't give up. It's easy to give up on these things, shows a bit of dedication to it which makes me helping him very much worth it.

Thanks again Achilles for your tut, it helped me alot when I began..:)

Grr...I'm still having trouble figuring this out. I can get everything to work in game except I want the saber to be orange and it turns turquoise in the inventory and even the Heart of the Guardian crystal is colored turquoise. I don't know if just those images are messed up and it'll be orange in game because I don't have a Jedi character to equip it yet.

Me too. I don't want to be annoying, but I just can't figure it out. I want just to make a saber that is regular but has the color of the HotF. I don't really get it. I don't think you were talking about new crystals though.

As for the lightsaber, I just can't figure it out. You give two files for the crystal and the saber. What am I supposed to extract, and what files am I supposed to do something with? Where am I supposed to put them?

Me too. I don't want to be annoying, but I just can't figure it out. I want just to make a saber that is regular but has the color of the HotF. I don't really get it. I don't think you were talking about new crystals though.

As for the lightsaber, I just can't figure it out. You give two files for the crystal and the saber. What am I supposed to extract, and what files am I supposed to do something with? Where am I supposed to put them?

Open the .uti file of a regular saber using KT

Change the model var to 7

Save

Done

Archived