Home

What Happened to Bastilla?

Dr. Jekyll

The most recent thing I've read states, that NO NPCs that could have possibly died in KotOR 1 will make a cameo or appearence in KotOR 2, which means the only ones left would be T3-M4, HK-47 and Canderous. I highly doubt that though considering how much of an impact Bastila had in the previous game.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^^^

Of course they would say something like that Mav, it would ruin the suprise we would all get seeing Carth and Dustil on Telos, or Mission and Zaalbar somewhere else. We all know Bastila and Revan will have some small, or larger, part to play in KOTOR:TSL even if it is only in a few cutscenes.

They could easily put the other NPC's in pending the dialogued interrogation options about what happened in your KOTOR, and it would be an awesome suprise for the player, players would play through over and over just to find easter eggs like that, things like that are great for adding replayability.

I'm afraid to say I fear she may be dead... It is of course possible to finish the first game (I guess this is a spoiler?) and kill Bastilla (although perhaps her constant appearance in the closing scene should lead us to believe you only hurt her and that she actually recovers...) Even if you don't kill Bastilla her chances of being about are, perhaps, thin. Consider the possibilities:

Light Side Ending, PC kills Bastilla = Bastilla is dead. If you buy the 'seriously hurt' to explain her presence in the end scene see below.

Light Side Ending, Bastilla Lives, no romance = so Bastilla is alive and is one of the best known Jedi in the galaxy. Since KOTOR2 PC is billed as the 'last Jedi' it seems fair to assume Bastilla (being a Jedi and all) is dead. When you consider she is a very powerful Jedi the Sith would have tried extra hard to kill her.

Light Side Ending, Bastilla Lives, with romance = the PC and Bastilla are both in love, both emotions which could lead to the dark side and weakness making their elimination even easier.

Dark Side Ending = Bastilla is now your apprentice. What do Sith apprentice's do? Attempt to Kill their Master. What would those below Bastilla attempt to do? Attempt to Kill Bastilla. Either way the PC might be forced to kill her or someone below Bastilla might kill her.

I'm not trying to eliminate Bastilla, it just strikes me that she might not be in the sequel. It would be terribly hard to include her in the game. Anyway, just my thoughts :cool:

Very good arguments pod99, but you also forgot the connection that Revan and Bastila shared.

That connection was very strong in the game and she would have followed Revan wherever Revan went after KOTOR, possibly leading to the explanation that the Sith are in the position of power they are in when KOTOR:TSL starts.

Bastila and her Battle Meditation were not available to the Republic forces to stop the massive Sith fleets, remember the Star Forge produced thoudands possibly hundreds of thousands of Sith ships.

A very good explination for why the Sith are so strong the start of KOTOR:TSL.

Obsidian also has stated that Revan's fate will be revealed, Bastila's is sure to be mentioned as well because they are most likely together, If she is alive at the End of KOTOR.

Just my 2 cents! :D

Sounds like it is time for a new poll...

Choices:

1. Bastila dies before the beginning of KotOR: TSL

2. Bastila dies along the course of KotOR: TSL

3. Bastila lives on forever in the game and in my heart........umm yea riiiiighhttttt:rolleyes:

Personally I think that it is going to be either 1 or 2, either way shes dead.

^^^^

No bet Mav! :D

Remember this is a Star Wars game we are talking about here, and Bastila was the focus of more than 2/3 of KOTOR so they are most likely alive, and they, especially Revan, yet have some part to play in KOTOR:TSL for good or ill we do not as yet know. :D

I think that either Bastila or Revan will have an impact in KotOR: TSL for sure, but I think that their impact is going to vary depending on how your KotOR 1 ending went, because obviously the two paths at the end of KotOR 1 are very different, I think that at least one of them will prove to be dead though for EVERY ending in KotOR 2, whether it be Revan or Bastila, at least one of them will be dead, at least that is what I think.

^^^^

Remember Mav the games engine hasn't changed so they are still going to be working with similar Dialogues, scripts, and global variables.

So while there will be differences as the game progresses they will probably be more subtle in nature, and the game will really vary only on the choices your PC takes in KOTOR:TSL.

Revan is alive no doubt, even Malak comments on how you are stronger than before.

But if we see Bastila in cutscenes it will be dependant on if she lived in your version of KOTOR, and you relay that properly to the game, thus setting the Bastila alive variable with a script attached to the dialogue response, etc. The same goes with the other NPC's

I don't know about this Bastilla thing. I'm not sure if her presence is needed at all. I wonder if anyone has ever read / seen a play called "An Inspector Calls" ?

The play is about, surprisingly enough, a police inspector who visits a well-to-do family and investigates their role in the death of a local girl. The entire play is about how this one family contributes to her death by sacking her from a factory they own, by causing her to get fired from another job, by getting her pregnent and by refusing to let their chairty help her. Eventually the girl takes her own life.

Obviously there is a great deal more to it then that (and weirdly enough the Inspector isn't who he claims to be at all) but most uniquely we never meet the girl. We find out virtually nothing about her. Yet the entire play is about her even though we only know her name.

If done right Knights of the Old Republic might achieve a very similar thing - we don't need to see Bastilla, to get updates on her life etc. I think there's something far more artistic, more Star Wars like (remember the monster that attacks Luke at the beginning of the Empire Strikes Back? we barely see it) and it requires less 'so what happened last time' questions in having her presence hinted at, suggested rather then outright seeing her and being told whats happened.

Give us some open hints and then let us piece together the pieces in our own heads in such a way to fit our version of the first game. Whats great about an Inspector Calls is that the reader / viewer decides their own minds about the play - over whose really responsilbe for the death, if the girl has even died at all, over if the inspector is really who he says he is and even if hes a real person. Its an open ended play which empowers us to make the decision, I'd like to see KOTOR 2 do the same thing - let each of us write our own story / fate for Bastilla by being open ended.

Bizarre mixing of English Literature memories / KOTOR over :cool:

Originally posted by FiEND_138

Hopefully it's real subtle like & not "did Bastila eat a saber," etc, etc.

:rofl::rofl:

Originally posted by 0rlo

yeah, i would laugh it the convo read:

"what happened in KOTOR 1?"

-1-"well, bastilla got fragged, carth ran off like a wussy, zaalbar hadn't had his 8 square meals so he ate mission"

-2-"bastilla lived and got freaky with revan, revan beat the shizzle out of malak and juhani got a big litter box"

-3-"KOTOR 1, what's that?"

-4-"look meatbag, shutup"

i'd get mad and take the game outside for a good burning. then send it's remains to lucasarts with a get bent card.

1) :rofl::rofl:

2) :rofl:

3) Possible the best game ever (have to wait and see KotOR:TSL)

4) :lol:

I would take it back to the store to get my money back, and just send an email to LA and Obsidian:

Subject: KotOR:TSL questioning.

Originally posted by maverick187

Sounds like it is time for a new poll...

Choices:

1. Bastila dies before the beginning of KotOR: TSL

2. Bastila dies along the course of KotOR: TSL

3. Bastila lives on forever in the game and in my heart........umm yea riiiiighhttttt:rolleyes:

:fett:

Originally posted by 0rlo

yeah, i would laugh it the convo read:

"what happened in KOTOR 1?"

-1-"well, bastilla got fragged, carth ran off like a wussy, zaalbar hadn't had his 8 square meals so he ate mission"

-2-"bastilla lived and got freaky with revan, revan beat the shizzle out of malak and juhani got a big litter box"

-3-"KOTOR 1, what's that?"

-4-"look meatbag, shutup"

i'd get mad and take the game outside for a good burning. then send it's remains to lucasarts with a get bent card.

JA was terrible, 50 clams for an expansion like game? what a rip off. if it weren't for modders that thing would be an expensive paperweight.

Lol. I hope it's not like that either. Like everybody has been saying, i hope it's real subtle. That is one of the moments of the game i'm looking forward to.:jawa :jawa

Originally posted by GlobalStrike

Lol. I hope it's not like that either. Like everybody has been saying, i hope it's real subtle. That is one of the moments of the game i'm looking forward to.:jawa :jawa

Agreed! :D

I so love a good multiple-choice quiz! :D

• 3 weeks later...

Vandar: We Jedi now have a new tale to weave: The return of the Prodigal Knight Revan! This will surely come up, and I'd not be surprised if he is the Obi-Wan of this game. The only problem I see with this is that Revan had a different face for everyone who played the game.......mine was the black Denzel Washington look alike, some people had chicks, some people had white people, so how exactly do you portray the face and voice of Revan, if it was so different for everyone? Bastila, I think she's dead, or her and Revan are just living on their own, and have given up on the order, because of their love, they just felt that it'd be better that they weren't involved at all. There were things in KotoR that LA left open. Bastila and her mother, Griff, Jolee's wife, Dustil and Carth.......these all need to be resolved I believe for a sense of closure.....perhaps Zaalbar has become the Cheiftan of the Wookies? We need to find out all of these things.......either way, it'll be interesting what we're in store for :D

• 2 months later...

Hi all,

Just thought i'd post a couple of thoughts.

It's been a long time (if not the first time) that a game like KOTOR has made me feel as if i'm inside a movie. Most games lack the depth of involvement, resulting in a nice game, with fun bits, shiny, cool bits and some satisfaction from completing the game.

I actually felt as if the characters in KOTORS were my friends (and enemies, in the case of Malak). The first time I confronted Malak at the Forge with only Force Wave, Immunity, Stasis Field and Adv L/S Throw, plus woefully few stims, the first words out of my mouth were 'Oh s*it, I'm going to get reamed'.

Before any smart bugger says it, I have plenty of real life friends.

Take Bastilla for example. Without looking at any spoilers, I managed to hash my way all the way through the romance subplot. Those elements of the game, which would seem trivial in any other game, were really important, as I wanted, actually WANTED Bastilla and Revan (me) to fall in love.

Hell, I wouldn't go past the battle with her on the Forge until I found the right combination of convo to turn here back. THAT was how much of a big deal it was. Didn't want her to be Malaks' Dark Biaatch (maybe my Light Biaatch :p ).

In any case, I really hope that she makes a return, a welcome one in my view. She was integral to the first KOTOR, and in a way, although the entire game surprised me by it's movie-like quality, Bastilla and the other character subplots were THE major attraction for me.

I feel that she needs to have quite an active part in the upcoming game. Somehow. At any cost.

Personally, her return would secure my purchase of the game, which is already 99% certain......but I still want her back! :)

welcome to the forums echodelta21, nice 1st post, i doubt that Bastilla will be part of the game in kotor2 tsl but she may be part of the plot she may even be lucky enough to have a cameo but i suspect you'll just hear about her in someones dialogue

I must admit, I can't see her taking anything near a starring role in KOROR 2, but it'd be nice to have quite a bit of interaction with her. As I may or may not have mentioned in my 1st post, she was the reason why I kept playing KOTOR.

There were plenty of times I could have given up, but wanting to affect the outcome of Reven and Bastilla was my main driving force. To be quite frank, I couldn't give a hoot about the other characters. My standard party always consisted of Batilla and Juhani, or Jolee (sp?) if Bastilla was not around.

The way I see it is that they can't write her out completly. Althought unsatisfactory from my POV, even a small convo or cut scene to explain her actions in between the 2 games would be mandatory. I just get a warm fuzzy feeling about having a familar character back in the game. As for the only recurring character, I could care less about the damn dustbin-on-wheels droid. I had virtually no interaction with the character after Taris.

That's my 2 cents, apologies for the spelling, but it's been a party night. I can do deep and meaningful posts sober, but when half-cut, the spelling goes very, very c*ap. :p

Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad

Bastilla will be hard to put into KOTOR2. She can die even if you chose the lightside ending.

Bastila being alive at your KOTOR's end is not really a hard thing to determine, and set a game global for her to appear later on, during the games initial what happened in your game of KOTOR dialogues.

Archived