Home

O.S. Confirms Rhen Var

reltes

from starwars.com

Snapshots from the Battlefront

June 24, 2004

A stormtrooper named Boba takes a quick look at his tactical map. Rebel scum has infested these woods of Endor, and Alliance forces have overrun his command center just north of his position. It's a long trek uphill, but there is an unmanned AT-ST walker parked nearby for just such a purpose. He decides to leave his post; it should be safe, and he wants to be where the action is.

With mighty mechanical legs pushing him through the forest, he soon arrives. Rebel troops are swarming through the underbrush. They start to scurry as the AT-ST emerges from the forest. An Imperial dark trooper soars past on his jetpack, picking off fleeing Rebels. Rocket launchers slam against Boba's walker, as he targets a Wookiee smuggler for a kill...

Not quite how you remember the Battle of Endor? Welcome to Star Wars Battlefront, an open-ended multiplayer action game that spans the entire Star Wars saga. The game isn't due out until September, but this past Tuesday, June 22, select members of the electronic gaming press were given a taste of the action to come.

"We wanted to deliver the experience that Battlefront delivers," said Anne Marie Stein, of LucasArts Public Relations. The resulting venue: the forested wilderness of the Presidio in San Francisco. A short bus trip brings the assembled journalists to a camp in the woods like no other. A path into the forest is flanked on one side by stormtroopers, on the other by Rebel commandos - all local costumed fans from Bay Area 501st units. The symphonic music of the Star Wars saga plays from concealed speakers, punctuated by blaster fire, explosions and the cries of bloodthirsty Ewoks.

All's not quiet on this Battlefront. At the main camp area are a number of tents draped with camo-netting and marked with Imperial or Rebel flags. Inside the tents are computer and console stations loaded with the eagerly awaited game. Over 80 journalists and reviewers from the games media sat down and entered the fray on the platform of their choosing - Xbox, PlayStation 2 or PC.

Four different armies, 10 different planets, over 30 vehicles -- the game is enormous is scope. Such scale is best experienced in a networked environment, battling against up to 32 combatants on a familiar Star Wars battlefield.

Or maybe not so familiar... though (((Rhen Var))), Endor, Hoth, Yavin 4, and Kamino were opened up for sampling at this event, the finished game will include a preview of one of the new worlds of Episode III.

Here are some snapshots from the event. Keep checking starwars.com, and especially LucasArts.com for more detailed Star Wars Battlefront coverage and war stories. The game is scheduled for release on September 21 for Xbox, PlayStation 2 and PC. For those wanting a sample, the DVD release of the Star Wars Trilogy will feature an Xbox playable demo of the game.

I hope Rhen Var is not one of the three mystery planets. I wasn't too impressed with it in Star Wars The Clone Wars on PS2. I highly doubt they would use another expanded universe location for this game if they use Kashyyyk as one of the mystery planets. If you notice in todays starwars.com production notes at the end they mention the wookie homeworld Kashyyyk.

Originally posted by joesdomain

I hope Rhen Var is not one of the three mystery planets. I wasn't too impressed with it in Star Wars The Clone Wars on PS2. I highly doubt they would use another expanded universe location for this game if they use Kashyyyk as one of the mystery planets. If you notice in todays starwars.com production notes at the end they mention the wookie homeworld Kashyyyk.

Kashyyyk is NOT in the game.

if you think about it one of the biggest things people liked about the first films was chewbacca. endor was originally supposed to be the wookie planet but lucas wanted the creatures to be simple and not technical and he had already showed chewbacca piloting a spaceship. people love wookies. it will be kashyyk. that's why it's in ep 3 and that's why it'll be in the game.

Originally posted by thejeditraitor

if you think about it one of the biggest things people liked about the first films was chewbacca. endor was originally supposed to be the wookie planet but lucas wanted the creatures to be simple and not technical and he had already showed chewbacca piloting a spaceship. people love wookies. it will be kashyyk. that's why it's in ep 3 and that's why it'll be in the game.

If you like Wookiees so much, why can't you even spell the word, or Kashyyyk

:wookiee:

hey what do you want from me?

it was 4:00 in the morning when i wrote that and i don't really care about wookiEEs that much but a lot of people do. i'd much rather have 2 different ep3 worlds than kashYYYk or rhen var but who cares its still gonna rule.

and actually i understand this because ep3 is still in production and the devs probably don't have any idea what the other worlds will be like since its all gonna be cgi. kashyyyk has been established in the e.u. so they have a rough idea about it, trees, etc.

hey what do you want from me?

it was 4:00 in the morning when i wrote that and i don't really care about wookiEEs that much but a lot of people do. i'd much rather have 2 different ep3 worlds than kashYYYk or rhen var but who cares its still gonna rule.

:D Chill out

But there is already one planet from ep3, why are you so sure there's another?

I figure there will be 5 planets from original trilogy period and 5 planets from prequel trilogy period.

Original Trilogy:

Tatoonie

Bespin

Yavin 4

Hoth

Endor

Prequel Trilogy:

Geonosis

Naboo

Kamino

Kashyyyk (maybe)

Mustafar? Courscant? Alderran? Utapau? etc?

Originally posted by joesdomain

I figure there will be 5 planets from original trilogy period and 5 planets from prequel trilogy period.

Original Trilogy:

Tatoonie

Bespin

Yavin 4

Hoth

Endor

Prequel Trilogy:

Geonosis

Naboo

Kamino

Kashyyyk (maybe)

Mustafar? Courscant? Alderran? Utapau? etc?

ummm... this thread is about Rhen Var and you didn't include it?

there are 10 planets

Tatooine

Bespin

Yavin 4

Hoth

Endor

Geonosis

Naboo

Kamino

rhen var

these are all confirmed. the last one will be from ep3.

Kashyyyk

those are the planets. bet on it.

I'd be so gloating when you all will see that Kashyyyk isn't.

Archived