Home

Possible pre order bonus for Republic commando?

Lord Tyreal

• 2 weeks later...

Whoa there sparky! Hardcover Books are actually very expensive! I doubt they would include that, which is written by someone outside of Lucasarts (I think) who may need the money, when they could use something from Hasbro who is pretty much already rich.

Besides, doesn't it seem kinda weird to have a novel included with a video game? It does to me. ;)

i don't think the republic commando book is going to be hardcovered (amazon has it listed at 6.99, about average for soft cover novels and about the same price as an action figure). also i think the publisher del rey is just about as rich as hasbro. just an idea though that I got from a deal a long time ago when you bought halo you got one of the halo books for free.

although looking at the track record of lucasarts and preorder bonuses (excluding battlefront) the item won't be worth more than a buck or two, like the keychain or pin from jedi outcast and academy.

Not to insult any of you book-worms, I like reading too, but don't you think it would b e STRANGE to include a book with a video game? They want you to sepnd your time playing the game, not reading the book. Thats why others have included action figures, pins, and keychains, you don't do much with them, they are just for display. ;)

Not to insult any of you book-worms, I like reading too, but don't you think it would b e STRANGE to include a book with a video game? They want you to sepnd your time playing the game, not reading the book. Thats why others have included action figures, pins, and keychains, you don't do much with them, they are just for display. ;)

Originally posted by ZBomber

... action figures ... you don't do much with them, they are just for display. ;)

hehe, speak for yourself. i still love re-enacting famous battles in my living room ... who cares if i'm in my mid-twenties.

:p

Originally posted by adillon

hehe, speak for yourself. i still love re-enacting famous battles in my living room ... who cares if i'm in my mid-twenties.

:p

Hey, I'm a collector, and I still play with them from time to time, but thats not my point. :p You won't be so caught up with playing with the action figures that you won't want to play RC. ;)

no offense ZBomber but I think that all lucasarts cares about is that we buy the game and like it, not how much we play it since they don't get more or less money depending on how much we play. although I would rather have an action figure since I will probably buy the book once it comes out which makes me think why they won't include the book.

now thinking about it since most people who want the book will buy it in october and used to build the hype, having the book as a preorder item doesn't get more people to buy the game (which preorder bonuses are meant to be for i think) as opposed to something that we won't already have bought. thinking about the halo preorder book bonus, i believe the book came out around the same time as the game and there were two sequals so the book was used to promote the game and the book series.

now since that is out of the way, how come no one has mentioned the usual free t-shirt, hat, or keychain.

out of all the options presented so far i think i want the jka bonus pack cd the most, then action figure, then t-shirt, then hat, then keychain, then book, and then the republic commando behind the scene bonus (have one for true crimes streets of l.a. and watched it once).

for all this guessing i really hope they do include something, especially since I've come to expect something with my last three purchases of max payne and deus ex with t-shirts and true crime with a behing the scene dvd.

Archived