Home

Sig Pic Requests/Discussion

-s/<itzo-

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, so NOW people are interested in this thread XP

Since there are SO many questions, I'll answer them individually

DJ- I made you a sig already, with what you wanted. It's tough making sigs, i can't just pull one out of thin air in 5 minutes;)

The Text i used on your Name in that sig was a font i downloaded from http://www.dafont.com and it was called Base or something like that. To make an outline, YOU USE THE PENCIL TOOL! Just outline the sig in a 1 pixel big white pencil and bingo, you have a border. The easiest backround i have made involves this:

1. Make an 800 x 600 in Pixels blank page with a white background.

2. Next make sure your foreground and background colors are set to black and white.

3. Now go to Filter>Render>Clouds, you should get the basic cloud effect.

4. After you've done that go to Filter > Brush Strokes > Dark strokes. Set the Balance to 5, the Black Dencity to 6, and the white density to 2

5. Now go to Filter>Distort>Wave and use these settings

coolbg2.jpg

6. Now All you do is Add colour. To do so Go to Image>Adjustments>Colour Balance. And Fiddle with the colour settings till you find the right colour your after.

THERE! Now fiddle with PS and experiement before asking more questions, will ya ;)

Kain-Im EXTREMELY busy at the moment, but I'll get to work on your siggeh as soon as i can, k?

Tesla- Grunge Brushe Tutorialz can be found here http://www.bluesfear.com/tutorials/grunge_brushes.htm

If that doesnt work for you, download them the easy way herehttp://www.photoshop-stuff.com/Photoshop-Downloads/Photoshop-Brushes.html

MMMPIE- I dont feel like taking on so many projects at once, but sooner or later I'll get to yours, if you actually stick around at LF. So many Noobs enter and leave LF ;)

WHEW, hope this helped everyone :D

cool thanks kbell.....but i need 2 no 1 more thing for my currant sig im "trying" to work on

how do u cut out bits of it .....like to cut the cornerr off the end of the sig like in some peoples

i tryed using the lasso tool but it didnt work

..and i make a cool looking bright sig then i save it and it goes all dark do u no how to fix that?

Ok, to answer your first question.

To cut out corners from your sig, you first need to make the Sig. THen select the entire sig with the Rectangle Marque tool. Next, copy the image (If a pop up screen comes up, select "Select merged" from the pop up) and the go "File" then "New". Next, from the menu, before you create the new image, choose "Transparent" from "Backround". Paste your sig, and cut away.

Your next question. When you save your sig, do you save it as a Photoshop file, a Jpg, or something else? Because sometimes options like "Gif" make complex images lose their color somewhat.

And one more thing, USE TUTORIALS!!!

Your not going to learn anything by asking people these simple questions. Get on those links i gave you and PRACTICE!

O.k, I've finished your Sig Kain, all i did was crop the Logo and 1 screeny in there, i also added a border and *Shudders* a Lens Flare filter for some effect. Oh and the Logo didnt look so good, so i just added a white border to that aswell.

This is the last sig im making for you, this is the second one in 3 weeks and i dont feel like making another for you, so it's this or nothing.

I didnt really like the way the screenshots looked, which is why i was confused on why you didnt use my other one i made you for more than a week. SO this is probley the worst sig I've made in a while, but bear with me ;)

KainSig.jpg

KainAvy.jpg

You said for me to create ANYTHING that was artistic with a dark/Tech feel to it and i did......Now you want Splinter Cell images in it? Adding cropped images to a sig doesn't make it artistic at all, it just makes it a sig. You should have told me to create a sig for you rather than an Artisitc sig, because i spent quite alot of time into that one.

The reason why i added KB Designs to them was because I made them, not you. I've had people rip sigs from me before, which is why i added my sig to it.

BTW, I also want every available(sp?) sig designer to make me a sig, and I'll choose which I like best.

This isnt some competition Sam, it was rude enough telling me to add SplinterCell images to an already Artistic sig.

Next time you want a sig from me, tell me specifics rather than just " I want a sig, no specifics" :rolleyes:

Ya! I only used a paint brush and two filters! :) I guess I'm starting to realize what "artistic" means.... :D

I can't wait to do more!

EDIT: Ooh! Ooh! Look what I made now, using the Gel text tutorial!

gel.jpg

...Okay, I'm getting a little over-excited. But KBell's link to those tutorials are saving my life! I can do anything now!

* sits back and watches kbell run around like crazy *

LOL man, now you see why I'm out of the buisness :p

I might take a few requests to help, but for the next weeks or so I'll be even more busy thant I've been lately so I won't be able to do much, I guess I could also answer a couple of questions here and there.

@ DJ: to have transparency in your sig (a cut corner like in my sig for example), you HAVE to save your image in .gif, otherwise the part you left transparent will be opaque. IF you really can't manage to do it, send it my way and I'll do it for you.

Note to self: Find way to pay KBell back.

I'm a pain, I know. I actually really do like this one! I'll use it until I decide to get some software of my own! And then I can come back and kick some sig making ass!

Which reminds me: After tuesday night, I'll be gone anyhoo. So yea, no more pain for ya'll!

sorry for the double post but Coupes did you just say you could take a few requests!

do you think you can do a sig for me ......please please please:p

ok could you make somthing out of this ....and have the matrix code in it somewhere and also my name

i can remember you made a sig out of this same picture once do u think you could make it kinda like that?

heres there picture

matrixNEOGLASSES.jpg

thanks alot

Originally posted by joetheeskimo5

Wow, KBell was right!! Using only one tutorial, I made this from scratch:

planet.jpg

good work joe;)

but ppl still persist on ignoring me... oh yea and i made this from scratch:071103-e1jpg.JPG

i'm sorry to say that i have also given into the dark side, and when i delve; i delve deep.

but, IMO, the software industry is barely flinching because:

[*]the extremely small amount of available software out there

[*]the even smaller amout of people downloading those particular softwares

[*]the even smaller amount of people that never really go ahead and buy the product

[*]the vast amount of money the developers charge and have

[*]the amount of advertising that goes on in the procces(sp?)

[*]the huge amount of people that buy the product in the first place, getting the developers their money...

[/list=a]

but thats just IMO...

but also, theres the movie industry witch again, IMO, is being hurt alot more than the software industry but still isn't too bad seeing the poor quality of the pirates, but i still don't wan't to hurt the movie industry and don't download any (recent:p) movies.

the music industry, however, is being hurt the most, but IMHO, most of the complainers are crappy song whine bags who aren't making enough money so they use an excuse to get more, you notice the vast majority of songs are either from

[*]people too rich and famous to care

[*]dead people

[/list=a]

and i never download songs that much anyways

DJ- Try making your own sigs rather than making requests. I believe the last request i had was to CoupeS for a Daredevil sig, and then after that i decided to start making my own.

Keep at it and you'll eventually start getting better. But for now, just start screwing around with Photoshop and you'll eventually start getting results ;)

Archived