Home

Sig Pic Requests/Discussion

-s/<itzo-

Good work K, I think Celluzion might hold some truth in his speech, but don't get me wrong, your sigs are great and I couldn't acheive that kind of effects with 3DS max, as I've neved used it for such purposes.

BTW joe, the flare effect is a PS filter, I beleive it's in filter > render > flare or something like that.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by .:CoupeS:.

BTW joe, the flare effect is a PS filter, I beleive it's in filter > render > flare or something like that.

But when I go to Lens Flare, it just makes a flare on the actual object, like the sun, and it doesn't make that flare that Lost had. Should I position the lens flare to the right of the sun instead of on it?

Originally posted by .:CoupeS:.

But when I go to Lens Flare, it just makes a flare on the actual object, like the sun, and it doesn't make that flare that Lost had. Should I position the lens flare to the right of the sun instead of on it?

Originally posted by joetheeskimo5

Ok, if you're using Photoshop, then you are familiar with the layers. What I did was, create the background, and then added everything else with different layers, like the sun, the birds and the place. Then I went back to the backround, and added the lensflare, where I the sun would be and made it really bright. Then I went to all the other layers, and used the 'Dodge tool' to create the light effects on the sun to make it look bright. Then I used it on the various other objects that should be blocked out by the suns light. I also used the dodge tool to create the clouds. My end product was pretty sweet :D but it's still nothing to what I'm sure other guys here can do.

sky.jpg

edit- what do you think of this one.

moon.jpg

tk421sig.JPG

hey uh...this is the first thing I have ever done in photoshop....I know it probably seems...simple...but it too me like 3 hours...^^

and I dont know how to duplicate the glow I made, or make it glow more....so if anyone could help me out a bit......^^

jaredsig.gif

I wanted the glow to be more like this....like...see how the green is brighter...kind of? Siv made that sig for me and I dont know how to make the same glow, just blue.... I messed with it, figured out how to use the fonts, but can't quite even get my original blue look again. I should have took a screen of the settings but... I wasnt thinking....so if anyone could...help a photoshop newbie out...^_^

DXSiggeh.gif

*stare into this siggy, "yes master i will obey."

tk421sig.JPG

*so cool reminds me of Stratos God in game Sacrifice*

and Z's new siggy is cool, but it ain't showing up at the moment.

and Groovy had this Way cool 3d holgraphic looking banner.

these sig's and so many others just don't get any better.

and its all a matter of choice.

take me for an instance,

I like cartoons.

so any siggy I am going to make falls into several categories

(a) how fast can I make with little effort

(b) does it make me happy

and most important

© does it reflect my personality.

I would gladly fly the banner of another,

or just one of my own.

but really this is a help me\swap\teach\tutorial thread

same goes for the avitar thread. and since so many forum members consistently create siggy's of above excellence, I mean sometimes you won't like a banner as much as another.

so for the record

Siv

Acrylic

KBell

Coupes

Darklighter

all ROCK!

and so would leXX

if she ever made a siggy.

I don't think I have ever seen her make one.

this is a shame because her wallpaper kicks serious ass:cool:

Why thankyou Eggy. It's posts like those that make me want to create more sigs......so stop making those posts :p

Thanks again for your thoughts, which are ,as always, very wise ^_^

I made another sig commemerating DX2, Im not sure if it's as good as my current one, but i need some C&C here people ;)

DX2TheWar.gif

Originally posted by Darth Eggplant

and so would leXX

if she ever made a siggy.

I don't think I have ever seen her make one.

this is a shame because her wallpaper kicks serious ass:cool:

I've actually made loads and loads of sigs for people, but I only make them when the urge takes me. ;) The most recent is just above ^Darth Rythe's^. I guess the most famous one I've made is the one for Whitedragon:

whitedragon.jpg

and here is my favourite of the ones I've made for myself:

leXXpicsig.jpg.

Thanks for the comment about my wallpapers. ;) Here's the latest one I've made.

Originally posted by TK-421

tk421sig.JPG

hey uh...this is the first thing I have ever done in photoshop....I know it probably seems...simple...but it too me like 3 hours...^^

and I dont know how to duplicate the glow I made, or make it glow more....so if anyone could help me out a bit......^^

jaredsig.gif

I wanted the glow to be more like this....like...see how the green is brighter...kind of? Siv made that sig for me and I dont know how to make the same glow, just blue.... I messed with it, figured out how to use the fonts, but can't quite even get my original blue look again. I should have took a screen of the settings but... I wasnt thinking....so if anyone could...help a photoshop newbie out...^_^

Why can't you just change the glow size to something larger? In Layer Style, you can specify the glow's size. If you don't know what Layer Style is, open ImagReady, and right click on the layer that has your username. Then click on Layer Style. Then choose Outer Glow, or Inner Glow, whichever you want. You can specify the color and size.

so for the record

Siv

Acrylic

KBell

Coupes

Darklighter

all ROCK!

Wh-what about me?

:cry6:

Archived