Home

Holowan Laboratories - News @ RPGDot

CDRSeadog

For those of you who have, on occasion, spotted me cruising the Holowan - and/or for those of you who wonder where this old-time KotOR semi-modder went to...

I've been doing some little RPG/MMORPG/Adventure game reporting over here:

http://www.rpgdot.com/index.php

I use the German version of my real first name..."Kristophe" as my editorial handle...and I mainly report on Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday mornings (for right now).

You may also want to catch a few more of my "Holowan Modnewsbits" by checking out my reports on the 6th, 7th, and 15th of July (I won't bother going back further than that:-)

Should I miss something important that you all feel is worth a report - then feel free to contact me at coastal_kristophe@yahoo.com.

May the Force be with you all!!

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be quite honest, maverick187 - I am not sure whether any other gaming website posts news about the ongoing events here at the Holowan Laboratories or not...

Having contributed my own modest bit to the multitude of mods you all have done here...I just felt that greater recognition/appreciation/and exposure to your hard efforts should be given...and, seeing as I am an editor/reporter for RPGDot...well:-)

So all of you can continue to drop by RPGDot from time to time and check to see if I've put your mod/name in the news *chuckles* Of course - I'll always try to add a comment to the applicable thread for your mods to let the author know that I've done a newsbit!!

BTW - when I do any newsbit re KotOR - it automatically posts on our hosted KotOR website as well...you can check it out here:

http://kotor.rpgdot.com/index.php

Also - if anyone happens to see "deathdisco" - please let him know I included a section of today's report on the latest six mods he submitted to PCGameMods!!

CDRSeadog

It's always nice to be recognized and I'm sure that we get more people using our mods because of your news blurbs, so thanks a bunch and for future reference, no need type out maverick187 you can just type mav, think of it as interent shorthand...lol:D

And actually, mav - it would be an interesting idea...meaning a poll at some time and point to see just how people have come to hear about, and visit, the Holowan Laboratories...

My own, personal theology behind my various reports about the events and mods here is to (1) hopefully encourage more people to try their hand at modding, and (2) to spread the word around about the terrific work modders do - not just for KotOR - but for many games (I also do reports for BGI/BGII modders, NWN modders, Freelancer modders, Morrowind modders, etc).

A poll to find out about how people found out about this forum.....sounds interesting, the first time I found out about this forum was at gamefaqs.com someone on the KotOR message board reference me to it, every now and then I go back there and tell people about Holowan. Personally I really don't know much about modding at all, I mean the only thing I can do is re-texture and use Fred's easy to use tool to make item's armor, and place simple things into the game, I can't script or anything....yet, but what yoyu are doing sounds pretty cool.

It's nice to see you around here agin seadog. And before I ramble to much you should talk to the modderaters about being the unofficeal spokesperson!

(sorry bad spelling)

Now thats one "missing person" found but as anyone seen or heard from kittykitty?

:cyb3: :cyb3: :cyb3: :cyb3: :fire2::fire3::cyb3: :cyb3: :cyb3: :cyb3:

Originally posted by Achillies

Please mention the KotOR Fund Raiser in your next installment. More details can be found here:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=132489

TIA!

its only going to last EIGHT ( 8 ) days is there any point? i have no problem with your idea, i like it, i would give some money, if i had any, and i've got to worry about changing it up, Posting it and im in england so it would cost me 10 x as much to post it, but hey, it can get him rich if ppl send him too much money :p either improve his life or do a complete upgrade on his computer :p

EDIT* i mean no insult / offence by this, im doing this becoz i've just re-read it and it did seem aggressive

MattCole

My thanks, Hybris...it's a pleasure to see you again as well.

As to Kittykitty - I haven't seen or heard from her for some little time now - I can only assume she has another website - as it seems that she hasn't worked on her website in some time...and all her mods, ramblings, work, etc are no longer posted...nada!!

On another note - Achilles - I had thought about posting a newsbit re Fred Tetra's plight...but I don't believe that my readers, nor my fellow editor/reporters would consider that kind of a "solicitation" newsbit as being appropriate to RPGDot...be that as it may, I have taken a measure of my own to try and help alleviate Fred's situation.

Originally posted by CDRSeadog

On another note - Achilles - I had thought about posting a newsbit re Fred Tetra's plight...but I don't believe that my readers, nor my fellow editor/reporters would consider that kind of a "solicitation" newsbit as being appropriate to RPGDot...be that as it may, I have taken a measure of my own to try and help alleviate Fred's situation.

I understand. Thanks for the follow up.

As to Kittykitty - I haven't seen or heard from her for some little time now - I can only assume she has another website - as it seems that she hasn't worked on her website in some time...and all her mods, ramblings, work, etc are no longer posted...nada!!

I think Kitty Kitty is registered over at Hitmanforum.com, I've seen someone over there with the exact same name and signature picture. :p I assume it's the same person, but you never know. ;)

I could drop her a PM on HF and ask.

EDIT:

After some detective work(clicking on her profile button:p ) I can safely say it's the same person.

Kitty's profile on HF

:p

its only going to last EIGHT ( 8 ) days is there any point?

I'm sorry Matt. I'm not sure what you mean by this question, although I will make a guess at your intention:

"Is there a reason you're limiting it to 8 days?"

The purpose behind August 1st is three-fold

1) it gives people time to mail the money.

2) you have to have some time limit or else people won't feel a sense of urgency.

3) People get paid at the beginning/end of the month. If they mail a post dated check, they know the money will be there to cover it soon.

It can get him rich if ppl send him too much money :p either improve his life or do a complete upgrade on his computer :p

I don't think people are going to send him $100 bills. I could be wrong but I think the largest contribution to this point has been $20. I imagine that most people are going to give $5 or $10 if they are going to give at all. The thing about helping people out when they need it is that usually you don't worry too much about helping them too much. I've never given money to a charitable cause and thought "geez, I don't want to help the less fourtunate TOO much". I give what I can with the realization that if everybody helped just a little bit, it can make a big difference.

I realize that Fred needs "help" rather than "charity" and that this is attempt to raise money for a computer component, not end world hunger. The principle is the same though: give what you can if you want to help.

Originally posted by Achillies

I'm sorry Matt. I'm not sure what you mean by this question, although I will make a guess at your intention:

"Is there a reason you're limiting it to 8 days?"

The purpose behind August 1st is three-fold

1) it gives people time to mail the money.

2) you have to have some time limit or else people won't feel a sense of urgency.

3) People get paid at the beginning/end of the month. If they mail a post dated check, they know the money will be there to cover it soon.

I don't think people are going to send him $100 bills. I could be wrong but I think the largest contribution to this point has been $20. I imagine that most people are going to give $5 or $10 if they are going to give at all. The thing about helping people out when they need it is that usually you don't worry too much about helping them too much. I've never given money to a charitable cause and thought "geez, I don't want to help the less fourtunate TOO much". I give what I can with the realization that if everybody helped just a little bit, it can make a big difference.

I realize that Fred needs "help" rather than "charity" and that this is attempt to raise money for a computer component, not end world hunger. The principle is the same though: give what you can if you want to help.

Thank you Achillies, i didnt mean any offence when i posted, i was really just asking, and trying to add a joke :p good luck with the 'Fund Raiser'

MattCole

This thread seems to be more than sufficient for my informing you all about my latest newsbits:-)

(1) Today I posted a newsbit mentioning the latest Reign of the Sith mod by Gsccc - I also added a bit about the IE website - complete with links.

(2) I reiterated the thread about Installing Mods/Using Mod Tools by Darth333 - as well as adding a bit on the thread started by Glamador entitled "How to alter KotOR models" - both items I hope will entice the budding KotOR modder amongst RPGDot readers.

(3) RedHawke - I put in a short newsbit about your latest mod - the recruitable NPC RedHawke.

(4) Just to note - Meatloaf Cat - I didn't put in a newsbit about your Ajunta Pall skin - as I noticed that, while you have it hosted over at PCGameMods - the Holowan threads for today seem to indicate there is a problem with it. Keep me advised as to when your mod is "bug-free" and I'll add it to my lineup of items for future newsbits.

Lastly - just so you all know - I'll be on vacation (visiting my Mom down in FLorida) for the next few days - so you won't see any new news about the Holowan Laboratories over at RPGDot until (at the very least) August 5th.

Take care, everyone...and May the Force be with You All!!

On - and BTW - great news - and you're welcomed Fred:-)

This thread seems to be more than sufficient for my informing you all about my latest newsbits:-)

(3) RedHawke - I put in a short newsbit about your latest mod - the recruitable NPC RedHawke.

Thanks for the spreading the evil... er'... I mean spreading the word CDRSeadog! :D

Well - I'm back from Florida - the gators didn't have me for supper (though Mom made some fantastic meals - as always)...

First of all - you are very welcomed, Fred Tetra (though I would have prefered also to be "anonymous" - cest La vie)..

Now - for today's (05 AUG 2004) News:

(1) News re RedHawke's latest mod update.

(2) I also let my readers know that Gsccc's ROTS mod is now released as version 1.0 vice being a BETA release.

(3) X8C4 - I also did a short newsbit re your French/English tutorials for Fred's incomparable KotOR Tool.

(4) Wampire's "Revan's Items & Saber" mod was featured.

(5) I also mentioned Achilles' "Worrroznor's Warblade" mod.

(6) DannyGast - I made small mention of your reskin of the male #4 head.

(7) Lastly - I mentioned the Holowan's "Three Musketeers" (svosh/t7nowhere/Darth333) colloborated efforts in producing "Revan's Redemption Robes".

And now I have to head on out of the house and see about getting a replacecment for my own, freshly burned-out motherboard *chuckles*

May the Force be with you all:-)

Archived